You asked, so here's me talking more about my life and Adven

Discuss and get/offer advice on Relationships, Health, Parenting, Sex, Beauty, DIY...whatever matters in your Life.
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:33 am

Shit. OK so I'm going to edit this but I have to take the little one somewhere to play and talk to other children. Basically MY LIFE IS ADVENTURE TIME. Highlights:

* Co parent is the incredibly talented, charismatic, and powerful Marceline the Vampire Queen
* Co parent's ex is the idealist but calculated and intuiting Princess Bonnibel Bubblegum
* Little one is young Marceline when adventuring barely after the nuclear apocalypse with the increasingly dissociating Simon, soon to be the completely dissociated Ice King
* I'm Finn the Human, the last human, a barely post-pubescent boy who goes on adventures with his adoptive brother Jake the Dog
Once was lost and now am lost; was blind but now I smoke
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:44 am

I have no idea what you're talking about but one of my best friends loves Adventure Time. I shall assume it's awesome.

//phara goes away confused
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:51 am

I'll just post another reply to bump the post. Adventure Time, for those who'd rather read it from my glorious post than watch it (YOU SHOULD FUCKING WATCH THE WHOLE THING BUT START ON SEASON 3 IF YOU'RE IMPATIENT BECAUSE THAT'S WHEN IT GETS QUEER) or consult the Interwebz, is set about 1000 years after humanity nuked the hell out of Earth. The place is covered with anthropomorphic creatures. Those alone will make you consider watching it not sober and not drunk.

Finn and Jake go around doing things for other people. Finn is hung up on Princess Bubblegum throughout the series, and has a sort of platonic occasionally flirtatious, but mostly just fun relationship with Marceline the Vampire Queen.

One of the antiheroes, The Ice King, is this romantically/sexually frustrated Wizard dude. He was a human and started to become a wizard back during the time of the nuclear apocalypse. He ran into Marceline when she was a small, confused child, with mysterious demonic powers, and cared for her. This magical crown started to give him powers, but also cause him to dissociate. Over time, using the crown both prolonged his life and caused him to dissociate permanently. Co parent identifies with The Ice King because she started experiencing similar stuff (minus ice powers) and actually decided to put together a memoir so that little one would be able to know about his mommy with whom he has formed such a close bond in the future, should she not be able to be the same person she was. Obviously little one is a lot like Marceline. Watch "Simon and Marcy" and "I Remember You" episodes if you want to have intense feelings.

SO Princess Bubblegum came to be from the fallout around the same time that Marceline the Vampire Queen was a little kid. She's very cerebral and sometimes is challenged to be emotionally tuned into others, and is a skillful ruler. She is harangued by unwanted attention from men and boys (including The Ice King and Finn), knowledgeable about important matters that keep the world turning, but fails to inform everybody about these matters in a convenient manner sometimes because she's usually in control and kind of has to have it that way since everyone else seems a little less responsible than she is. To her the world and its inhabitants are more essential than existential, and she is an idealist. Her voice is round and feminine. She is a lot like co parent's ex. Finn is an idiot and got hung up on her. Yeah...

Marceline tends to transcend circumstance by this perpetual pursuit of pleasurable stimulation, friendly companionship, and creation of art, mostly musical. She plays the bass, has a gorgeous singing voice, floats, and hangs out with undead ghostly creatures. Her aesthetic is incredibly cool. Think lighthearted riot grrrl with shapeshifting capabilities and unrespected but thorough maturity. She isn't into defining relationships. She's too busy making beautiful things happen. If Marceline were real, I would worship Marceline. Marceline shares a lot in common with co parent.

Marceline and Bubblegum had a relationship a long time ago. Whenever they're in each other's company the chemistry is palpable. There are a few moments where Finn is around them; sometimes it's fun, and sometimes he is a third wheel. He's certainly out of the know because he seems oblivious to their relationship. The sexualities may not match the co parent's ex and the coparent exactly, but the relationship does. Their relationship is series canon, and always painfully tentative.

So, co parent and co parent's ex just became exes relatively recently. Co parent and I have defined some good boundaries for each other. We live in the same place, divide parenting tasks pretty well, and have become really symbiotic. We met at BYU (the school run by the Mormons) when we were still very much both independently fanatical and naive when it came to churchy things, even while being intelligent and not completely divorced from reality.

She was doing a stand-up comedy show with the school's stand-up comedy troupe when I met her. She was magnetic. She was hilarious. She came out to me as gay about a year before we got hitched. We had compatible personalities and benefited from sharing affection. I think she was able to appreciate my feminine attributes and in that way find some kind of sexual attraction there. Sexual repression and homophobia kind of had the effect on impressing on her that she should and would be attracted to a man sexually. We made a pact that if we couldn't work out as a couple, we'd stay family, even if it was a sort of Golden Girls situation, and that's pretty much what we've done and anticipate continuing to do. Getting over her has been difficult, and a more lengthy process since we continue to be very close.

So she grew a baby for us. That was really nice of her, and horrifically taxing on her body and self. Turns out all that heavy gendering and gender role-ing society does to pregnant women and mothers takes a toll on queer women. Mid-pregnancy I felt like maybe her being closeted and without a lot of companionship from women was making everything worse.

I found a blog by a lesbian Mormon. She'd had a sort of spiritual epiphany that God was cool with her sexuality. Co parent had something similar. The way she described it, she got this certain feeling that God would be cool with her marrying a woman or a man, and if she married a man, that he could help her be happy. Mormons have this incurable desire to make the best choice. "God let me decide, so if I love God, it's a test and I still have to pick the harder one." Fuck. That. God is a sociopath and displays a lot of borderline personality disorder traits.

So little one was born. He was beautiful. He and her are a LOT alike. He was inquisitive from birth, looking around at shit even though newborns aren't supposed to do that. Maybe I imagined that. Don't care. I choose to believe he's this transcendent god-like being.

By then we'd moved to a new place, accompanied by co parent's two sisters. They had their own troubles. There were 5 of us and a small dog with bad bladder control cooped up in a two-bedroom apartment. It was stressful as fuck and wonderful. We found our own place. Sisters eventually moved on. As we met people, co parent and I got to the conclusion that she should just have relationships with women. We both completed faith transitions around the same time. Now we're pantheists or something, whatever we feel when partaking of the herbs of the field. Eventually that meant we weren't a couple any more, because hey, guess what, romance and sex with people you're attracted to is pretty great, even if what we had was pretty cool (not going to elaborate on that in the forums).

Eventually through some online Mormon communities with mostly ex-Mormons most of whom would identify as social justice warriors (the combo of people being Mormon, spiritually abused, and all dealing with other ancillary shit kind of contributes to difficult social dynamics. I'm kind of estranged from that community after a series of unfortunate events I can talk about in PM), we met co parent's ex. She was full of hope and brightness and art and is an extremely attractive human being. She and co parent had really good chemistry. Boundaries were still being set up, so she met me and little one from the outset and bonded with both of us in addition to co parent. That was a little unwise. I developed a giant crush. She admitted to having a little fleeting crush (she is bisexual) in the beginning, but we both worshiped co parent. We jokingly came to refer to each other as sister wives, serving the Holy Matriarch. We went to fucking Bath and Body Works and got fancy hygiene items together. We giggled over crushes and shared our appreciation of co parent. We got close.

Co parent and her ex were in different points in their lives. There were unhealthy dynamics. It was back and forth and finally ended. I have mourned the continuous presence of co parent's ex. Co parent's ex talks to me still but has moved on relationship-wise. The ex still interacts with little one too. It's rough. I fell for her because I'm an idiot.

Anyhow. I think you should all watch Adventure Time. It's incredible. If you want more details, you can ask about that. If I'm comfortable revealing anything and feel that other folks involved would be, I can. Obviously if someone looks hard enough they'll be able to find this and link it to me, but don't make it easier. Use my user name. Any other curiosities, I can be emailed or PM'd. I just got INCREDIBLY VULNERABLE doing this so please don't poop on that. I'm confident if anyone does, it will be dealt with since this is a fucking community.

So here's Ninja. Ninja Evolution. All these people come back into my life. The timing is incredibly great for me. A community would be awesome. I humbly second everything Phara and others have said repeatedly, that we ought to make shit, produce shit, and have that shit be Ninja.
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:34 am

cerrodepedro wrote:I'll just post another reply to bump the post. Adventure Time, for those who'd rather read it from my glorious post than watch it (YOU SHOULD FUCKING WATCH THE WHOLE THING BUT START ON SEASON 3 IF YOU'RE IMPATIENT BECAUSE THAT'S WHEN IT GETS QUEER) or consult the Interwebz, is set about 1000 years after humanity nuked the hell out of Earth. The place is covered with anthropomorphic creatures. Those alone will make you consider watching it not sober and not drunk.

hmm, i like the dystopian premise.

Finn and Jake go around doing things for other people. Finn is hung up on Princess Bubblegum throughout the series, and has a sort of platonic occasionally flirtatious, but mostly just fun relationship with Marceline the Vampire Queen.

One of the antiheroes, The Ice King, is this romantically/sexually frustrated Wizard dude. He was a human and started to become a wizard back during the time of the nuclear apocalypse. This magical crown started to give him powers, but also cause him to dissociate. Over time, using the crown both prolonged his life and caused him to dissociate permanently.

Clearly this resonates. Interesting to see it play out in a cartoon.

SO Princess Bubblegum came to be from the fallout around the same time that Marceline the Vampire Queen was a little kid. She's very cerebral and sometimes is challenged to be emotionally tuned into others, and is a skillful ruler. She is harangued by unwanted attention from men and boys (including The Ice King and Finn), knowledgeable about important matters that keep the world turning, but fails to inform everybody about these matters in a convenient manner sometimes because she's usually in control and kind of has to have it that way since everyone else seems a little less responsible than she is. To her the world and its inhabitants are more essential than existential, and she is an idealist. Her voice is round and feminine. She is a lot like co parent's ex. Finn is an idiot and got hung up on her. Yeah...

Also resonates. I'm sorry, I'm paying mind to the cartoon a bit more than I am to the analogy. That's only because I'm not a parent and while I find the whole co-parenting fascinating, I just don't know what to say to any of it. Children are odd to me. I do however understand the feeling of growing up in a strict home and having thoughts that would never be acceptable.

Marceline tends to transcend circumstance by this perpetual pursuit of pleasurable stimulation, friendly companionship, and creation of art, mostly musical. She plays the bass, has a gorgeous singing voice, floats, and hangs out with undead ghostly creatures. Her aesthetic is incredibly cool. Think lighthearted riot grrrl with shapeshifting capabilities and unrespected but thorough maturity. She isn't into defining relationships. She's too busy making beautiful things happen. If Marceline were real, I would worship Marceline. Marceline shares a lot in common with co parent.

Marceline and Bubblegum had a relationship a long time ago. Whenever they're in each other's company the chemistry is palpable. There are a few moments where Finn is around them; sometimes it's fun, and sometimes he is a third wheel. He's certainly out of the know because he seems oblivious to their relationship. The sexualities may not match the co parent's ex and the coparent exactly, but the relationship does. Their relationship is series canon, and always painfully tentative.

What in the world is this cartoon o_O... the fuck happened to thundercats

So, co parent and co parent's ex just became exes relatively recently. Co parent and I have defined some good boundaries for each other. We live in the same place, divide parenting tasks pretty well, and have become really symbiotic. We met at BYU (the school run by the Mormons) when we were still very much both independently fanatical and naive when it came to churchy things, even while being intelligent and not completely divorced from reality.

HAHAHAHAHAH. SO WELL SAID. I was a virgin waiting until marriage up until 2 days before I turned 20. WHO THE FUCK WAS THAT PERSON?

She was doing a stand-up comedy show with the school's stand-up comedy troupe when I met her. She was magnetic. She was hilarious. She came out to me as gay about a year before we got hitched. We had compatible personalities and benefited from sharing affection. I think she was able to appreciate my feminine attributes and in that way find some kind of sexual attraction there. Sexual repression and homophobia kind of had the effect on impressing on her that she should and would be attracted to a man sexually. We made a pact that if we couldn't work out as a couple, we'd stay family, even if it was a sort of Golden Girls situation, and that's pretty much what we've done and anticipate continuing to do. Getting over her has been difficult, and a more lengthy process since we continue to be very close.

Now this shit I start to understand. It's evolved as fuck, but it's amazing. But god dude... i can see where this gets complicated. I honestly don't think I could do it.

So she grew a baby for us. That was really nice of her, and horrifically taxing on her body and self. Turns out all that heavy gendering and gender role-ing society does to pregnant women and mothers takes a toll on queer women. Mid-pregnancy I felt like maybe her being closeted and without a lot of companionship from women was making everything worse.

Omg :( (cry) i feel her pain through the screen. i can just imagine the thoughts and feelings she had to deal with. There are no words to the bullshit Madonna image that is the pregnant woman. What the fuck, we're all vaginas trying to fuckin figure it out. Stop trying to make me rosy and smell of sunshine and birds chirping.

I found a blog by a lesbian Mormon. She'd had a sort of spiritual epiphany that God was cool with her sexuality. Co parent had something similar. The way she described it, she got this certain feeling that God would be cool with her marrying a woman or a man, and if she married a man, that he could help her be happy. Mormons have this incurable desire to make the best choice. "God let me decide, so if I love God, it's a test and I still have to pick the harder one." Fuck. That. God is a sociopath and displays a lot of borderline personality disorder traits.

lololol. I love both of those views. I think the god we're taught about is a cunt bitch. I think the one the co-parent believes in is the one I ascribe to as well. I believe in a god of progress and light. A notion of sorts. An ephemeral constant moving towards progress. Man, how i view god might be an amazing thread.

So little one was born. He was beautiful. He and her are a LOT alike. He was inquisitive from birth, looking around at shit even though newborns aren't supposed to do that. Maybe I imagined that. Don't care. I choose to believe he's this transcendent god-like being.

Totally. Just because the avg baby is fucking stupid, doesnt mean yours isnt transcendent.

By then we'd moved to a new place, accompanied by co parent's two sisters. They had their own troubles. There were 5 of us and a small dog with bad bladder control cooped up in a two-bedroom apartment. It was stressful as fuck and wonderful. We found our own place. Sisters eventually moved on. As we met people, co parent and I got to the conclusion that she should just have relationships with women. We both completed faith transitions around the same time. Now we're pantheists or something, whatever we feel when partaking of the herbs of the field. Eventually that meant we weren't a couple any more, because hey, guess what, romance and sex with people you're attracted to is pretty great, even if what we had was pretty cool (not going to elaborate on that in the forums).

So. Interesting. Such complex human relationships. I'm glad she found her peace in choosing women.

Eventually through some online Mormon communities with mostly ex-Mormons most of whom would identify as social justice warriors (the combo of people being Mormon, spiritually abused, and all dealing with other ancillary shit kind of contributes to difficult social dynamics. I'm kind of estranged from that community after a series of unfortunate events I can talk about in PM), we met co parent's ex. She was full of hope and brightness and art and is an extremely attractive human being. She and co parent had really good chemistry. Boundaries were still being set up, so she met me and little one from the outset and bonded with both of us in addition to co parent. That was a little unwise. I developed a giant crush. She admitted to having a little fleeting crush (she is bisexual) in the beginning, but we both worshiped co parent. We jokingly came to refer to each other as sister wives, serving the Holy Matriarch. We went to fucking Bath and Body Works and got fancy hygiene items together. We giggled over crushes and shared our appreciation of co parent. We got close.

oh boy... this looks like it's gearing up for grief.

Co parent and her ex were in different points in their lives. There were unhealthy dynamics. It was back and forth and finally ended. I have mourned the continuous presence of co parent's ex. Co parent's ex talks to me still but has moved on relationship-wise. The ex still interacts with little one too. It's rough. I fell for her because I'm an idiot.

Anyhow. I think you should all watch Adventure Time. It's incredible. If you want more details, you can ask about that. If I'm comfortable revealing anything and feel that other folks involved would be, I can. Obviously if someone looks hard enough they'll be able to find this and link it to me, but don't make it easier. Use my user name. Any other curiosities, I can be emailed or PM'd. I just got INCREDIBLY VULNERABLE doing this so please don't poop on that. I'm confident if anyone does, it will be dealt with since this is a fucking community.

I'd ban them in a heartbeat and leave the kind of message that would make them buy razor blades. If you notice your name somewhere by accident, you registered with it initially, hit a mod and they'll change it. Honestly... I barely have time to shower so I won't get around to Adventure Time, but thank you so much for sharing. One of my best friends in the world is obsessed with that show and it was nice to get a glimpse into its complexity.

So here's Ninja. Ninja Evolution. All these people come back into my life. The timing is incredibly great for me. A community would be awesome. I humbly second everything Phara and others have said repeatedly, that we ought to make shit, produce shit, and have that shit be Ninja.

<3 All day, every day.

//Phara
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:41 am

//pending for more...thinking on this...quite complex and amazing share here....
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:55 am

Phara wrote:Man, how i view god might be an amazing thread.

Yes please and I will read and participate devotedly.
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:05 am

done, i'll make it tomorrow and dedicate some time to the op
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:26 pm

cerro honey....wow. just WOW. your story is incredible, complex, and definitely an Adventure!

but the best things in life are kinda like this, are they not? we love hard, we fall hard, we mourn loss hard, and we hug each other for comfort hard. i am thrilled and honored that you've shared so much of your story with us here. it makes me want to know you and co-parent IRL, so i can hang out with you guys and Little One. you sound like fun, interesting, life-engaging people. :)

by the way, your enthusiasm also just really shines through in everything you post. i've noticed that. your words just shine. keep going. i love that you're a member of THIS family now, too. :)
Candeeoke
The Quiet Storm

Postby Candeeoke » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:38 pm

What an amazing WOT and introduction to you. Thanks for sharing and giving us a glimpse into your life. I look forward to knowing you even better.
ImageImage
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:50 pm

Oh my gosh in all the notification emails I didn't see all this love. NE is feeling like home. More updates to come as today is family day (5 year anniversary)!
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:41 pm

I feel kinda bad for not seeing this sooner..quite an experience. Glad that you felt like you could share. Sometimes it just feels liberating.
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Re: You asked, so here's me talking more about my life and Adven

Postby Rivoc » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:49 am

WOW!!! Such complexity, and beauty, and hardship, and more complexity, and beauty. I LOVE this thread and your insight on adventure time as well as into who you are and what you are. that was beautiful! i am a fgan of adventure time, ive seen MOST epoisodes up to the fire queen and have not visited the show since. if you say its worth it, ill hop back on it.

very impressive, personal narrative. i loved it! we are community here, and im damn glad you are part of it /sun
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Re:

Postby Corgimom » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:48 pm

cerrodepedro wrote:Oh my gosh in all the notification emails I didn't see all this love. NE is feeling like home. More updates to come as today is family day (5 year anniversary)!

I know life is accelerated but we miss you. Hope to hear from you soon.
Image Image
est 1953

Return to “Lifestyles General”