Show off your habitat

Discuss and get/offer advice on Relationships, Health, Parenting, Sex, Beauty, DIY...whatever matters in your Life.
Rwn
Missing In Action...

Postby Rwn » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:23 pm

So uhm here are the first couple I've taken today... Once I get some more time I'll take some more.

From today

And what I already have on my phone

AliceElite
//wrestles darkness...WINS!

Postby AliceElite » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:26 pm

Ughhhh that second to last picture looks so MAINE.

<3 Beautiful.

((And yes, waaaaay better without skype. ;) ))
MAK
grasshopper

Postby MAK » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:24 pm

OMG those are amazing pics
<3
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:19 pm

Damn Mak!! Incredible!!! I cant top that, but here's a few shots of different places here in Vegas.

NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:19 am

if you head about 30 miles east from my house, you can camp on these semi-private dunes and watch wild ponies roam the wetlands and beaches

Kay
grasshopper

Postby Kay » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:33 am

I live in Minnesconsin. Nothing to see here but cows until you run into a metro area. Move along.

Oh, I do live in a town with a waterfall, but since I've lived 26 of my 28 years of life in a town with a waterfall.... whoopdie fucking doo

lol
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:41 am

:D Kay...that's how I feel about the ponies. people FREAK OUT when i tell them they exist, but mostly they're a nuisance when you want to camp. they try to eat paper towels and bags of charcoal...anything not nailed down inside your tent! then if you try to confront one, say a single pony who saunters into your campsite in the middle of the night to eat your napkins, suddenly he calls 5 of his buddies out of the bushes to surround and intimidate you! giant out of control rabbits is all they are....lol....
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:45 pm

::In Bender voice:: A lil FIRE oughtta show 'em whose boss!
Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:35 pm

Hey guys. I live in northern Tanzania in a village called Usa River. It's a pretty relaxed kind of place!

This bridge is near my house and it's about a 25ft drop. Not fun at all.

Whipped my phone out to capture a nice view of Mt. Kilimanjaro when I arrived at work one morning. I live in the shadow of an active volcano called Mt. Meru which stands around 5,600m/15,000ft. On a nice, clear morning when you can see both Meru and Kili, you have no choice but to take a moment to admire their magnificence.

The disused railway track. Some of the cast iron fittings were made not far from my home in England. The buildings on the right are the old train station. People live in them now.

Shoe shopping Maasai style.

I was driving home after a stay in the Serengeti and had to pull over to get a few shots of these Wildebeest. This shot was taken near to Oldupai Gorge, where fossils of human ancestors ranging from 1.9 million years ago to around 17,000 million years ago have been discovered.

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:41 pm

*edit, well i guess that didnt work out that great but wow, ^^ Tanzania is beautiful, im in awe
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:00 pm

The view from my back yard... If you want to see more I have a ton of hiking photos uploaded to Facebook. ;)
https://www.facebook.com/feydanon/photos_albums
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:19 pm

Wow! Look at that view!

Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:39 pm

This is the view from the other side of the mountain facing north...
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:38 am

Took a video of the view from atop our mountain when we were home for Easter... ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNmUQ7928cg
ImageImage
Rwn
Missing In Action...

Postby Rwn » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:29 am

We need moar
anynoise
novice ninja

Postby anynoise » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:04 pm

OOooo! Great thread (RWN - I grew up in WA. So pretty.)

Portland, OR and Surrounding area.

I could post these for days. Nature is my go to stress reliever.
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." [em]~Mitch Hedberg[/em]
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN

Postby girlapaloo » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:16 pm

Spoiler: show
Image Image
anynoise
novice ninja

Postby anynoise » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:25 pm

There is weed and canoeing!

Nature and the City. Best of both worlds!
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." [em]~Mitch Hedberg[/em]
Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:46 pm

Oh man, Portland/Oregon looks beautiful! Any work for an educator/multi-tasker out there?

anynoise
novice ninja

Postby anynoise » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:32 pm

Educator yes...the Portland School District
Multi-tasker-who wouldn't want that :D

I think surrounding counties might be even easier to find work. Most of my teachers from High School are now teaching in Portland...so I'm guessing it's a good market???
BigMush
Drunkin Beta Style

Postby BigMush » Tue May 17, 2016 10:19 am

I gotta get a camera.
**Awesome Singnature**

ImageImageImageImageImage

Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Tue May 17, 2016 11:46 am

anynoise wrote:Educator yes...the Portland School District
Multi-tasker-who wouldn't want that :D

I think surrounding counties might be even easier to find work. Most of my teachers from High School are now teaching in Portland...so I'm guessing it's a good market???

The only problem I can see there is that I'm English. Not sure how much demand there would be for a foreign teacher. I'd love to move up there though. It really does look incredible.

Here are some pictures of my hometown, Chester in the north of the UK. It was founded 2000 years ago as a Roman fortress and is full of history.

That's the Eastgate Clock which was erected to celebrate Queen Victoria's 60th year on the throne.

This is the view off the right-hand side of the bridge with the clock shown above. As you can see, Chester is a very beautiful old city with a lot of preserved buildings. It hasn't changed much in the last 500 years.

Now here is Chester Cross. In the middle there is Chester High Cross which was built in 1476. It was torn down in 1646 during the Civil War but the head and base were saved so they're still original. You can see the unique split-level street that we call 'the Rows'. One of my favourite things to do there is see this guy:

HEAR YE! HEAR YE! Yes, we do have an official Town Crier!

This is the wonderful Chester Cathedral. There has been a site of Christian worship there since the late Roman period. There was a church on the site throughout the Dark Ages but the cathedral itself was first constructed in 1097. It's an incredible place to walk around and I love sitting in the courtyard imagining the monks and abbots waling around there back when it was a monastery/abbey.

Here's the remains of the Roman Amphitheatre. This was always a great lace to meet up with friends, drink beer and smoke a joint or two.

And finally, being a fort, Chester was surrounded by walls on all four sides (the original city was shaped like a playing card. Whilst the walls have been damaged and repaired multiple times over their history (you can see where cannonballs have broken through, for example), they're still standing and going for a walk around the walls is still a favourite pastime of mine.

So there you have it. Chester. It's awesome! As a bonus though, here is a photo of one of my favourite places to spend a day: Beeston Castle. Built in the 1220s but demolished in 1646 during the English Civil War.

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Tue May 17, 2016 4:14 pm

^^^ awesome! culture rich, i love it!
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Tue May 17, 2016 4:21 pm

Amazing place Brewtality, so much history and the architecture is beautiful! ;)
ImageImage

Return to “Lifestyles General”