Something better than black friday.

Discuss and get/offer advice on Relationships, Health, Parenting, Sex, Beauty, DIY...whatever matters in your Life.
Azealdread
NinjaCrafted

Postby Azealdread » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:21 am

Working as a retail person lets you see the other side of this silly world known as black Friday. I have been through a number of them my self, not really a vet as most would say but in all i know more than a vet knows by this point and its simple really.

Here a few points off the top of my head.

1: Don't go shopping with the mind set of what you get is new. Its years old and outdated, or it failed in marketing.

2: black Friday is not the best day for deals on new products, keep and eye out for when large groups of items go on clearance in a department, like electronics for one if you see a number of clearance tags spread out like bunnies, it normally means a mod reset is coming.

Walmart for another example during this month of April and the month after will have a full reset of their electronics department, meaning TVs that were 600 drop to 300 and almost all displays are able to be sold. this also means other 1-2 year old items will drop by 30-50%

With those two things in your mind, go check your local store and keep an eye out for those tags cause they can mean far better deals on newer products.

for a final note i would like to add all black Friday items are still upcharged by 20-30% some are not even changed.
Rwn
Missing In Action...

Postby Rwn » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:35 am

I've always hated everything about black Friday.
AliceElite
//wrestles darkness...WINS!

Postby AliceElite » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:15 pm

Another retail vet here - Black Friday deals are not the best deals of the season. We tell you they are, and we are lying to you.

I worked in a clothing store (think outdoorsy, activewear, vacationer clothes and bags, also winterwear) and some of our down coats went from 260 to 99 dollars - in January. Seriously just wait until after Christmas guys, that's when shit goes crazy.
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN

Postby girlapaloo » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:23 pm

I used to work in retail too - Black Friday is nothing but hype!
Actually, a lot of sales are actually just hype, hahaha.
I've always had better luck after xmas too.
Spoiler: show
Image Image
Rwn
Missing In Action...

Postby Rwn » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:53 am

I remember when my ex worked at kohl's. The week before black Friday they would raise the price on nearly everything. And then put it all on "sale" for black friday
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Wed May 04, 2016 3:55 pm

oooh, i like that one about tv reset this time of year at walmart.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Azealdread
NinjaCrafted

Postby Azealdread » Wed May 04, 2016 3:58 pm

Yeah Tv's sell far better in this area of the year than even blackfriday, honestly i think the store makes about 10x more money off the end of tax season which is smart but they have to get rid of their old stock first.

Return to “Lifestyles General”