Your Tips For Healthy Eating

Discuss and get/offer advice on Relationships, Health, Parenting, Sex, Beauty, DIY...whatever matters in your Life.
Jax
ninja with training wheels

Postby Jax » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:16 pm

This is the free recipes section of a healthy Aussie group which I actually have a paid subscription for (currently losing a couple pounds a week).

It's aimed at Moms, but most of the food is meant to appeal to the whole family. We love the Mexican Lasagna, Peanut Bubble Crunch (it's addictive, so need to not eat it all in one go, lol), and Chocolate Lava Microwave Cake. I haven't spent much time on the free site, so there are probably more gems to be found. :-)
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN

Re: Your Tips For Healthy Eating

Postby girlapaloo » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:14 pm

Probiotics - have changed my life.
Incorporate yogurt and kefir products into your diet for improved gut health - your digestive health affects EVERYTHING.

I am lactose intolerant, but I can eat yogurt products because the probiotics in them break down the stuff I can't digest on my own.

This summer I have been really big on yogurt popsicles.
They are delicious, easy to make, and so much better for you than store-bought.
Spoiler: show
Image Image
Zombie
Wizard Behind The Curtain

Postby Zombie » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:08 pm

I will be trying these out.. I have quite a few recipes to add here too
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:22 am

Some great tips in here but i..

am shedding some bad habits myself. I smash food also. i eat fast. I got this from the military though, not excusing it.. its was just drillied into my head like second nature. Subconscious.. so i dont realize how fast i am eating, unless i making a conscious effort to slow down and chew my food and enjoy. Which is kind of the point, u know. also, ive been in this survival mode too long, so i make stupid decisions, like smoke a square when the hunger pangs start and ignore it until it kicks in again, instaed of fixing myself a sammich. seems silly, i know but its a thought process that needs to be adjusted..

Believe it or not, at one point i was quite fit. Had that regimen like Brewtality, haha..like a boxer. it was a time in my life where i felt like i had to become proficient at breaking myself. Lol it was different time tho.. i wasnt married, responsibilities were different and such.point is, its expensive to consciously eat right. sometimes you just dont have that option. so...

man, that kind of turned out negative. :| well.. the yogurt pops sound bomb! :D
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:43 am

girlapaloo wrote:Probiotics - have changed my life.
Incorporate yogurt and kefir products into your diet for improved gut health - your digestive health affects EVERYTHING.

I am lactose intolerant, but I can eat yogurt products because the probiotics in them break down the stuff I can't digest on my own.

This speaks to a 'pet' misconception folk have.

Milk, sterilization and pasteurization are at the seat of 'lactose intolerance. Grade A and Guaranteed raw milk magically has the flora our gut needs to digest it. In our rush to a bacteria free world we have thrown out the baby with the bathwater and made a Frankenstein's monster of milk.'
Image Image
est 1953

Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:35 pm

I just got a new book all my friends and their wives had success with. its called "The Wild Diet" by Abel James. I only got 10 pages in but its a really good read so far. I started reading it too late and got too tired, even though i just wanted to keep reading. It started out by saying, basically, stay the FUCK away from anything with wheat and processed sugar. I suppose we all know this to a degree, but practicing it and knowing it are two completely different things.

Return to “Lifestyles General”