Talking to each other

Discuss and get/offer advice on Relationships, Health, Parenting, Sex, Beauty, DIY...whatever matters in your Life.
Garon-Time
ninja with training wheels

Postby Garon-Time » Fri May 13, 2016 1:42 am

This was really really cool, and made me almost tear up when I read it.

Using familiar characters to help some of us relate to or understand some concepts of psychosis and relationships.

http://imgur.com/gallery/T0pqj
Hail Enki. Guardian of Mankind.

/who
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Fri May 13, 2016 1:51 am

agreed.. was an interesting blend of comic satire and theraputic elements especailly dealing with the tough subject matter. pretty clever whoever put that together
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

AliceElite
//wrestles darkness...WINS!

Postby AliceElite » Fri May 13, 2016 2:54 am

And I think this is really important because cartoons are a real form of media, and I had NEVER thought that those characters had *ABUSIVE* family dynamics, but it's clear they do, and it's clear that it's also part of the comedy and that's disgusting.

Maybe that's why I never really liked those shows. :/
Garon-Time

Postby Garon-Time » Fri May 13, 2016 3:52 am

Maybe! And you are totally right to own how you feel about that.

I can be a very serious person sometimes, I often miss other's jokes or humor because of it. But I do believe that humor has a spot in even the darkest of things, sometimes you just have to be in the right perspective to appreciate it.

Slapstick comedy is profoundly impactful on our mind and emotions, and it certainly helps drive these shows.

/who
BigMush
Drunkin Beta Style

Postby BigMush » Fri May 13, 2016 8:22 am

Saw this online yesterday too.. Got the lump of "ULTRA MANLY SAWDUST" (tears)
**Awesome Singnature**

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Sat May 14, 2016 2:57 am

Its important for me to not forget about stuff like this as a single guy for 8 years. As time goes on and I stay single with single friends, my humor tends to get darker and darker and more insensitive. I know theres a time and place for that. but stuff like this brings me back to Earth, which I need every so often.

btw who was the girl???? I was thinking Meg from fam guy, but it clearly isnt.
Rwn
Missing In Action...

Postby Rwn » Mon May 16, 2016 5:53 am

Well now, that was interesting really brought some things into the light. Honestly they never really tried to hide what they were doing. Admittedly the Simpsons has seriously cut back on the whole abuse thing but the fact that it was seen as acceptable at all is ridiculous. I can accept family guys a little more since it is more adult oriented though.

Gotta love the ending.
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Mon May 16, 2016 6:15 am

Then it was Meg???? I really thought it was at first...

Btw just to touch on this, I honestly stopped watching family guy when it went WAY TOO FAR!!!!!!

I forget the episode name, but there was a cut to The Simpsons house, and Quagmire was cheating with Marge, (they don't show anything but the house but you can hear all the disturbing dialogue) Homer walks in, so Quagmire wastes him with a shotgun I think, then one or both of the kids walk in, Quagmire shoots them as well. He ends up wasting (I think) Maggie and eventually Marge too.

That day I learned, I do have a line, as dark and insensitive as my humor gets, and that crossed my line.
Garon-Time

Postby Garon-Time » Wed May 18, 2016 3:39 am

Ah.

I guess I'm fairly dark... ;)

The simpsons, I actually understand, it's very much satire. Family guy I think is more about the slapstick aspect, and just pulling a laugh, making peoples eyes stick to the screen.

/who

Return to “Lifestyles General”