I'm a Woman and I Love Sports

All sports- all the time
ImmaculateStiletto
ninja with training wheels

Postby ImmaculateStiletto » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:19 pm

And no I don't love it because of all the hot guys. If that's the case then I would be watching women sports only.

I am a lover of sports because I played sports growing up. Because I love competition, because I love to roots for the teams that I have chosen to stand behind, and argue with people when they have shit to say about my teams. I follow players, know their stats, injuries and how their season is progressing. I lose my mind on Sunday's when football season has ended and really just count the Sundays until it's back. (By the way NFL Draft was yesterday and I am just itching to the season to come on already). I have the ESPN app the NFL app and the NBA app.

Yyyyyeeetttttt in 2016 for some crazy ass reason me being able to shut guys down when it comes to sports makes me some kind of leper. I'm suppose to just sit in the corner and look cute and talk about how the colors of the uniforms go well together or that i wish I could have a body like the cheerleaders. I'm not suppose to know real information, THAT IS RIDICULOUS!!!

For one, I never wanted to be a cheerleader I wanted to be in the game. Second, who the hell is watching the damn game to get fashion ideas? Why is it so hard for men to have a real conversation about sports with a woman. It is just a conversation, we are not making salaries off of it. Yet with some guys I feel like to them it's like having their balls served on a platter.

I feel sometimes like they just want to bring it back to kindergarten, "you don't know what you're talking about you're a girl and girls are stupid," pull my pigtail and runaway. I want to stand up on a table and yell, "hey fellas isn't this what you wanted? A chick that you can kick back and watch the games with? Whatever sport it might be." In all actuality what I have noticed over the years with my male friends is, there are few and far between that reall can handle that. It's more a thing of hey just sit and watch the game and root for the team that they want to win. Damn that!
Fave Baseball Team: NY METS since I was 4
Fave Football Team: NY JETS since I was 6 (yes I am proud of it and never leaving them, it's called loyalty). After them it's the Saints, Eagles, and I have love for the Steelers.
Fave Basketball Team: Boston Celtics (didn't see that on coming did you)?
Fave Hockey Team: I'm a NJ/NY girl so the Devils and the Rangers
Fave WNBA Team: NY Liberty
College Basketball: Duke till I die
Women's College Bwsketball: UConn
College Football: don't really have a fave team I just love to watch them play. Plus what the fuck are all these damn Bowls? I'm about to make a Bowl. (Only a college football fan or some one that went to a sports dominate college would understand).

This is who I am! A screaming at the TV, storming up and down the room, high fiving, eating hot dogs and throwing back beer in the stadium with my teams apparel on, loves a good tailgating party female. What is so intimidating or makes people wanna run away and hide when a chick and be this free and bring it as good as a guy can when it comes to being a sports fan? No no no, I am not saying all guys because again a lot of my friends hit me up to come over and watch the game or go out to see the games live.

It doesn't mean I'm not a fucken lady! I love my heels, make up, fashion, blah blah blah! There's is just more than one side to me. Maybe it goes with what I'm always telling people, "'DO NOT PUT ME IN A BOX." I am more than just on being inside me! I am made up of many pieces that make me whole. For some reason though others feel better when they can put me and any one else in the world isn't a set category. Which that in itself shows the narrow mindedness of people even with something such as sports. I can't want to be cute and love sports. I can't be a lady but act so rowdy. Yawn!!!!

I am a chick and I love fucken sports!!! Please don't be mad as I rip you with my amount of sports information and click click click away in my stilettos as you watch my long legs and cute figure strut away!!!
Have a Blessed Day
Hugs N Kisses :)
MAK
grasshopper

Postby MAK » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:58 pm

Weeeelll chick, if it makes you feel better, I'm a guy who hate sports :D :D...

It's not that I hate it really, I just don't get it I guess. People swear to their shitty teams, and I'm like, why? What constitutes your fandom to a specific team? The players? They keep changing... The trainers/managers? They change as well... What's left?? I call it empty loyalty.

To this day, no one has been able to rationally explain the constitution of team-sport fandom to me. You are welcome to try tho'! :D

As far as guys' behavior towards lady sportsfans go, I don't know, most of these guys are braindead anyway, why do you care? I get the same treatment whenever I utter an opinion regarding a team, hahaha, it always cracks me up, fuckers never realize that I don't really give a shit and that I'm trolling them. Maybe you should start trolling too? :D
<3
ImmaculateStiletto

Postby ImmaculateStiletto » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:15 pm

I don't think it's so much that I care it's more the rationale of it I guess that gets under my skin. I know tons of guys that don't like sports, hey to each their own. I don't like onions and know tons of people that can't have a burger without onions on it.

My love and passion for teams, most of them anyway is closely tied in with my family. My godfather took me to my first ever football tailgate party and game which was his fave team the Jets. Since then I've just always been a diehard Jets fan. My mother's side is Mets all the way, plus I wasn't rooting for the Yankees when I was little because my father's fave team is the Yankees (guess that's daddy issues). The Celtics because they were a team that was together for years I mean years. Garnett, Pierce, Rondo, and Allen. When after a million years they all went to different teams it broke my heart. It is not so much about the changing of the players for me because there life things change. It's about the heart that the team puts in. I personally could never be a Knocks fan because they just have lost their soul and heart. Even as a little kid I could never jump on the Knicks bandwagon. So for me I really do have a reason for loving the teams and specific players that I do. And if anyone were to ask me the question I could break it down with no problem.
Have a Blessed Day
Pawly
Grandmaster Sensei of the Dark Corners

Postby Pawly » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:41 pm

You clearly need different guy friends. lol But yeah that thought mode can be rather prevalent with some guys. You prolly intimidate them with your stat spewing prowess. I'd be happy to discuss how my (new and improved) Leafs are gonna crush the Devils and Rangers with you. :)
ImageImage
It's MY world. You just a squirrel tryna get a nut!
ImageImage
ImageImage
CLICK ME!!
anynoise
novice ninja

Postby anynoise » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:11 pm

I'm right there with you. Played every sport possible growing up. The only one I was good at was soccer. I have even had men quiz me on sports because they didn't think I really followed sports. I was just on the local bandwagon or because my boyfriend likes it kind of girl. Yep, shot him down quick with his sexist, misogynistic, dick face quiz.

I will happily eyeball a hot athlete however. It is just icing on the cake though. If I chose the teams I follow because of the sexy factor, I would have to be a Real Madrid fan...no thanks :D

Favorites:
Football(American): Tie, San Diego Chargers and Seattle Seahawks (born in Calif. raised in Washington. So they are both home teams in my eyes.)
Soccer:
MLS: LA Galaxy (I'd prefer any West Coast team to win the cup over all East Coast fools!)
Premier League: ARSENAL!!!
National Teams: US (of course) always fun to watch anything World Cup.
Olympics: US (obviously)-any and all categories.
Basketball:
Everything NCAA tournament...my bracket always fails but it such a fun competition.
NBA: Portland Trailblazers (Seattle Supersonics-back in the day)

I will go to any sporting event. Youth, High School, College, Semi-Pro, Pro...doesn't matter. (MMA, WWE, Boxing, NASCAR...only if it was free)

I haven't really followed draft picks or have been involved with fantasy leagues. Preseason games are fun.

Chick sports fan all the way!
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." [em]~Mitch Hedberg[/em]
ImmaculateStiletto

Postby ImmaculateStiletto » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:56 am

anynoise wrote:Basketball:
Everything NCAA tournament...my bracket always fails but it such a fun competition.

Yeah my bracket tends to suck! Because honestly unless I were to follow every team, every stat, and every game I just don't see it happening. So I have decided I will go with whoever has the cooler uniform colors. Yeah yeah look it may not be the best way to go about it but I just don't have the time for all of that! One day my bracket will hit I feel it n my bones.

And I am a WWE fan since I was four. When it came on Saturdays. It would go Soul Train and after what was the WWF then of vice versa.

I've played soccer, basketball; I snowboard, and I have been dancing since I was four. So to say I'm athletic is an under statement.

Chicks that love sports rock!
Have a Blessed Day
PhlawlessPhelon
phrankly phenomenal

Postby PhlawlessPhelon » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:27 am

YAY! another sports lover! even though I will likely be cheering against your favorite teams on a regular basis....Not a single team we have in common, haha.
-Master of all things pherret related
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImmaculateStiletto

Postby ImmaculateStiletto » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:35 am

That's what makes being a sport fan so much fun! You can connect with people that have similar teams or teams that go completely against you and it's still a great time!!!
Have a Blessed Day
anynoise
novice ninja

Postby anynoise » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:17 am

Agreed. A good smack talkin' rivalry is always fun ;)
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." [em]~Mitch Hedberg[/em]
PhlawlessPhelon
phrankly phenomenal

Postby PhlawlessPhelon » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:24 am

anynoise wrote:Agreed. A good smack talkin' rivalry is always fun

Very fun. My siblings and I all like different teams and it leads to fun gatherings.
-Master of all things pherret related
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MAK
grasshopper

Postby MAK » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:55 am

Liverpool sucks
<3
anynoise
novice ninja

Postby anynoise » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:32 pm

^ yes they do :D
ImmaculateStiletto

Postby ImmaculateStiletto » Sat May 07, 2016 8:00 am

anynoise wrote:Agreed. A good smack talkin' rivalry is always fun ;)

To me it's the best part about watching sports especially with a group of friends and family! And don't let my team win. You not hearing the end of it for a week!
Have a Blessed Day
Philly
adept ninja

Re: I'm a Woman and I Love Sports

Postby Philly » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:45 pm

Imacculate, I'm a chick who loves football and you had me until you said you had love for the steelers. My team killed them last game! Over 30,pts! I bleed eagles green!
Seriously tho, you ever need a chick to talk football with I'm always down
Never apologize for being nerdy because non-nerdy people never apologize for being assholes - john barrowman
Skywalker
I Feel Ya Sista... Not in that way

Re: I'm a Woman and I Love Sports

Postby Skywalker » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:22 pm

FLORIDA STATE!

F-L-O-R-I-D-A STATE!

Go.. um.. UofL..

I also love Football, bit mostly college. It is the only tickets I can afford /who

For the last bit.. Go Dallas.. cause well, one day I was going to marry Aikman, that day never came.

Return to “Sports Forum”