Rio Olympic Games 2016

All sports- all the time
anynoise
novice ninja

Postby anynoise » Fri May 13, 2016 2:43 pm

RIO 2016 SUMMER OLYMPIC GAMES

The 2016 Summer Olympics officially known as the Games of the XXXI Olympiad, and commonly known as Rio 2016, is a major international multi-sport event in the tradition of the Olympic Games due to take place in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, from August 5 to August 21, 2016. Record numbers of countries are participating in a record number of sports. More than 10,500 athletes from 206 National Olympic Committees (NOCs), including first time entrants Kosovo and South Sudan, will take part. With 306 sets of medals, the games will feature 28 Olympic sports — including rugby sevens and golf, which were added by the International Olympic Committee in 2009. These sporting events will take place at 33 venues in the host city and at 5 venues in the cities of São Paulo (Brazil's largest city), Belo Horizonte, Salvador, Brasília (Brazil's capital), and Manaus.

These will be the first Summer Olympic Games under the IOC presidency of Thomas Bach. The host city of Rio de Janeiro was announced at the 121st IOC Session held in Copenhagen, Denmark, on 2 October 2009. Rio will become the first South American city to host the Summer Olympics. These will be the first games to be held in a Portuguese-speaking country, the first to be held in the host country's winter season, the first since 1968 to be held in Latin America, and the first since 2000 to be held in the Southern Hemisphere.

Many topics for discussion: The Olympic torch, opening ceremonies, specific events or athletes?
The most talked about subjects may be the environmental impact, health problems and the impact on the local communities.
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." [em]~Mitch Hedberg[/em]
anynoise
novice ninja

Postby anynoise » Fri May 13, 2016 2:50 pm

It's Time To Seriously Consider Canceling The 2016 Summer Olympics

This article has some very good points about why we should be concerned about the upcoming event. The Zika Virus, Political Unrest, Violence and crime, Problems with venues, are all reasons to be worried about and should be addressed.
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." [em]~Mitch Hedberg[/em]
Skywalker
I Feel Ya Sista... Not in that way

Re: Rio Olympic Games 2016

Postby Skywalker » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:15 pm

Currently watching this on MSCSN and MSNBC.. and a few other NBC Stations...

So far so good, watching some biking earlier, that was cool. Now currently watching ladies soccer (football) and archery. I am convinced the United States just went and got some good ol' boys and cleaned them up for this one. They will go back to bow hunting in a few weeks.

NBC totally destroyed the Opening, soo many adverts.
PhlawlessPhelon
phrankly phenomenal

Postby PhlawlessPhelon » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:37 pm

coverage of the first womens game was horrible. the mics near the fiels were near nonexistant. They fixed it for the next two games though. I heard they had similar issues in other events (notably, the eppe)
-Master of all things pherret related
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Skywalker

Postby Skywalker » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:53 am

I have given up watching the Olympics on NBC. I like gymnastics, but instead I had to watch swimming.. OMG.. so much swimming in primetime.
Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:13 pm

Hey guys, for my US bretheren, DO NOT watch on NBC. It's shite. You can watch it on CBC or BBC live and the coverage is much, much better. You can choose which sport to watch. Simply use a VPN and use the BBC iPlayer to watch. Or use a streaming service. I'd post a link but I don't think that's allowed.

Skywalker

Postby Skywalker » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:45 am

I just used the NBC website, well the online App. Charter Cable does not have it for Windows 10 or on my Smart TV.

I had to login with my info with Charter, it almost did not work.

Return to “Sports Forum”