MMA News, Rumors and Trash Talk

All sports- all the time
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:32 am

Nice!!!!

Also, ESPN just reported Brock Lesnar will be competing at UFC 200. I dont know how i feel about that, but at least its fun to watch him strike.
PhlawlessPhelon
phrankly phenomenal

Postby PhlawlessPhelon » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:07 am

Brock Lesnar vs. Mark Hunt ....interesting

Pawly wrote:OH! Also, Nate Diaz is now a legend

As a Diaz fan, I must say he was always legendary.
-Master of all things pherret related
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pawly
Grandmaster Sensei of the Dark Corners

Postby Pawly » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:56 am

R.I.P. Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson (February 8, 1974 – June 6, 2016)

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/6/6/11874146/kimbo-slice-dead-at-age-42

His popularity and impact on the sport are undeniable.
ImageImage
It's MY world. You just a squirrel tryna get a nut!
ImageImage
ImageImage
CLICK ME!!
PhlawlessPhelon
phrankly phenomenal

Postby PhlawlessPhelon » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:52 am

Damn, didn't expect that. RIP Kimbo.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:50 am

he brought a lot of viewers, thats for damn sure. I thought he was fun to watch too. I remember Dana White sdaying that compared to trained UFC fighters, he was more like the toughest guy t the family barbecue. LMAO ill never forget that statement. seriously though, great street fighter, and i thoguht he was fun to watch against other strikers.
Pawly
Grandmaster Sensei of the Dark Corners

Postby Pawly » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:35 pm

Rumour has it that CM Punk will make his UFC debut at 202 vs Mickey Gall.

Mark Hunt has some great quotes about his upcoming bout with Brock Lesnar.

"I already said they better be testing him, but in the end it doesn't even matter. It's time for ‘punch face', a game I have been playing for many years."

"I deal with a wrestler like I deal with every other fighter. I punch them in the mouth."

"I'll knock his face off. I knock his mouth off and then his lips fly off. If he has an itch to scratch I will scratch it for him. I ain't no part-time fighter. He thinks this is a game where he can come back and forth. I will send this pretender back so he can play house with the other part timers. This realm is for the real fighters, not these damn pretenders. Don't confuse wrestling with real fighting. I'm going to give it to him."

:lol:
ImageImage
It's MY world. You just a squirrel tryna get a nut!
ImageImage
ImageImage
CLICK ME!!
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:28 am

Yeah my money is on Hunt. Hes been at it way longer and i only saw him go down once, i dont even remember to who, but it was somewhat recent i believe. IF Brock wins, it will most likely be in the first round. he usually goes balls to the wall round 1, then hes practically gassed, looking at his past fights at least. Im really rooting for Hunt on this one, nothing personal Brock.
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:30 pm

202 could be better than 200. I know 200 has some big name fights, but it just seems jaded in comparison to the Diaz/McGregor rematch now stated for 202. Any event can go either way i know, it just seems like there were so many changes.... I just hope it doesn't end up boring.
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Re: MMA News, Rumors and Trash Talk

Postby Rivoc » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:42 pm

^ I take that back.... 100%

Im super pumped for 200 now that silva is fighting cormier!

I put bets on lauzon defeating diego sanchez, aldo beating edgar, and i parlayed Aldo, Lauzon, and Hunt. I hope they all hit, we'll see!
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN

Postby girlapaloo » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:45 pm

I'm totally pumped for UFC 202 now.

I hope Diaz gets crrrrrrrrrushed!
Spoiler: show
Image Image
girlapaloo

Postby girlapaloo » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:53 pm

Rivoc wrote:^ I take that back.... 100%

I put bets on lauzon defeating diego sanchez, aldo beating edgar, and i parlayed Aldo, Lauzon, and Hunt. I hope they all hit, we'll see!

200 didn't disappoint.
I knew Aldo would get it, great match vs. Edgar.
Silva put up a good fight - I was really surprised it went as long as it did.

Wish I had caught the main event though ... soon
Image Image
PhlawlessPhelon
phrankly phenomenal

Postby PhlawlessPhelon » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:08 am

200 was good.

Im cheering for another Diaz win at 202.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:47 am

girlapaloo wrote:
Rivoc wrote:^ I take that back.... 100%

200 didn't disappoint.
I knew Aldo would get it, great match vs. Edgar.
Silva put up a good fight - I was really surprised it went as long as it did.

Wish I had caught the main event though ... soon

im glad you caught it! I missed my parlay but won my bet on the main event that i put in last minute so its all good /sun

Much like Phlawless, i'll be rooting and betting on Diaz yet again since he won a lot for me last time. its shaping up nicely!!!
girlapaloo

Postby girlapaloo » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:49 pm

UFC sold to investment group, Dana White to continue running day-to-day operations
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/7/11/12 ... l-mma-news

Interesting! The sport seems to have changed a lot over the years.
I remember in '93 when it first came on the scene. I was like, pfffft this is not my beloved WWF. :lawl: hahahaha
Image Image
girlapaloo

Postby girlapaloo » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:39 pm

Anyone surprised? Brock Lesnar anti-doping violation
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/7/16/12 ... re-ufc-200

That's why they have the rule that any fighter coming out of retirement has to notify the USADA four months before their return fight.
Why it was waived for Brock Lesnar, I don't know. How embarrassing for all parties involved. $2.5 million is a lot of money to give to a cheat...
smh
Image Image
PhlawlessPhelon
phrankly phenomenal

Postby PhlawlessPhelon » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:46 am

not surprised by Brock. I think MMA needs testing prior to every fight, and post-fight for matches scheduled on short notice. If post fight tests are failed, purses should be forfeited. In fact, I think, due to the brutality of the sport, it is borderline criminal to step into the Octagon juiced up.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:38 am

im definitely betting $ on Diaz again!!!! I respect Conor and I like him a lot, but I really respect that Nate took that fight on short notice adn still did his thing to come out on top. Im aware he was training for an ironman or triathalon or something of that nature (he usually is) but i feel like training for that and training for a fight are two different things. so now that Conor is even more hungry for the redemption, and Nate is actually training to fight against him, I feel like Nate still has a big advantage with his weight being 2 classes higher than what Conor is used to fighting at. Plus, Ive seen Conor have a hard time with a jiu jitsu guy in the past, and Nate really knows his jitsu!

I never thought id be rooting for Nate Diaz EVER especially after having seen him in the ultimate fighter season - act like such a complete dick - but that house living situation is crazy! no tv allowed, only train train train cramped with all of your competition, that can do shit to change people.

I especially appreciate the fact that hes not intimidated, or even vulnerable to it since hes also a big mouth trash talker. I liked that conor couldnt get in his head, not even a little. I think he got more under conors skin than anything.

Im really looking forward to this one. I feel like it reallyu could go either way and its going to be one hell of an exciting fight!!! Rock on Nate!!!!
girlapaloo

Postby girlapaloo » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:57 pm

Rivoc wrote:im definitely betting $ on Diaz again!!!! I respect Conor and I like him a lot, but I really respect that Nate took that fight on short notice adn still did his thing to come out on top. Im aware he was training for an ironman or triathalon or something of that nature (he usually is) but i feel like training for that and training for a fight are two different things. so now that Conor is even more hungry for the redemption, and Nate is actually training to fight against him, I feel like Nate still has a big advantage with his weight being 2 classes higher than what Conor is used to fighting at. Plus, Ive seen Conor have a hard time with a jiu jitsu guy in the past, and Nate really knows his jitsu!

I never thought id be rooting for Nate Diaz EVER especially after having seen him in the ultimate fighter season - act like such a complete dick - but that house living situation is crazy! no tv allowed, only train train train cramped with all of your competition, that can do shit to change people.

I especially appreciate the fact that hes not intimidated, or even vulnerable to it since hes also a big mouth trash talker. I liked that conor couldnt get in his head, not even a little. I think he got more under conors skin than anything.

Im really looking forward to this one. I feel like it reallyu could go either way and its going to be one hell of an exciting fight!!! Rock on Nate!!!!

Never watched Ultimate Fighter... might have to start now.

I'm not a fan of Nate's personality either, but he is defo a good fighter. Gracie jiu-jitsu is no joke! He does have the advantage.
Conor's been training extra diligently in cardio and sparring with people similar in frame to Diaz, but will that be enough?
I don't understand why Conor insists on fighting so far outside of his natural weight class, really....

Conor's trash talk may have intimidated Jose Aldo but it doesn't seem to phase Diaz at all.

I can't wait for August 20. THERE WILL BE BLOOD MWAHAHAHAHA
Image Image
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:44 am

Diaz is a big shit talker who doesnt take anything from anyone much like Conor. Its definitely going to be fun!!!! SO MUCH ANTICIPATION heading into this since they refused to make it happen for ufc 200!!! Ultimate Fighter is definitely binge worthy, especially the first six seasons! I fell off after the 10th season, but i do enjoy it immensely!!! theyre not allowed to contact family or watch tv or play video games. only train, and be around each other EVERY DAY until the competition ends. it gernereates a shitload of drama too! and the team that wins the match get to decide who they pick to fight next on both sides!!! its pretty fantastic!
girlapaloo

Postby girlapaloo » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:41 pm

Watching the UFC 202 press conference

oooooooooooh-hoohoo!
Image Image
Itsa notame
grasshopper

Postby Itsa notame » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:43 am

girlapaloo wrote:Watching the UFC 202 press conference

oooooooooooh-hoohoo!

Yeah that turned into a shit show! I hope it's a good fight!
SpectorCorp
the unproven

Postby SpectorCorp » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:40 am

The Diaz bros were always legends. Mythological. I bought my self a PRIDE edition Nick round 5 figure a christmas gift. But conor is going to win. late finish is what I'm calling
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:26 am

Apparently McGregor ran around the whole fight... apparently on Nick Diaz's face.

"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
girlapaloo

Postby girlapaloo » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:03 pm

AWESOME fight! I knew it was gonna be close but DAMN....
Image Image
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:21 pm

So according to Nate, everyone should just stand in the pocket and bang or sit in his guard until he can submit them... evasion is a valid tactic. Sorry Dana, Nick and others, if you want to be taken seriously as a sport, you have to acknowledge that it's not all about money for many of these athletes. You do what you have to to win, within the rules. If an opponent is faster and more evasive than you, get better...
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage

Return to “Sports Forum”