Brains on LSD - actual scans!!

Candeeoke
The Quiet Storm

Postby Candeeoke » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:01 am

I'm a fan of psychedelics personally. I think there is SO much to be learned from the use of them and truly hope that one day they won't be scheduled like they are in the US. They are unfairly put on the schedule one list here and really there's lots that could be learned and treated with them.

http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/newsandeventspggrp/imperialcollege/newssummary/news_11-4-2016-17-21-2
ImageImage
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN

Postby girlapaloo » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:11 am

Dr. Carhart-Harris added: "Our brains become more constrained and compartmentalised as we develop from infancy into adulthood, and we may become more focused and rigid in our thinking as we mature. In many ways, the brain in the LSD state resembles the state our brains were in when we were infants: free and unconstrained. This also makes sense when we consider the hyper-emotional and imaginative nature of an infant's mind."

That is some amazing research! I am not surprised at all by their finds.
Spoiler: show
Image Image
Candeeoke
The Quiet Storm

Postby Candeeoke » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:35 am

girlapaloo wrote:
Dr. Carhart-Harris added: "Our brains become more constrained and compartmentalised as we develop from infancy into adulthood, and we may become more focused and rigid in our thinking as we mature. In many ways, the brain in the LSD state resembles the state our brains were in when we were infants: free and unconstrained. This also makes sense when we consider the hyper-emotional and imaginative nature of an infant's mind."

That is some amazing research! I am not surprised at all by their finds.

Totally agree!! Not surprising and really it is unfortunate that it was pushed so far away. I watched a docu that said that the whole reason we even know what serotonin is, is because of LSD studies back before it became a schedule one.
ImageImage
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:41 am

ill have to read up on this.. im so curious because ive dabbled so many times when i was younger
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

moonshine
190 PROOF

Postby moonshine » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:21 pm

LSD dont work on me, ive taken it loads of times and nothing. All my friends go weird and im just rolling doobies and making sure them idiots are ok.
Mushrooms? Mushrooms I love, Ecuadorian ones are my favorite you get really intense visuals with an amazing body high
ImageImage
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:47 am

Seems like what I can envision happening. I did lots of acid in the 70's Mostly windowpane and purple barrel and I had many amazing experiences- like the time I had been high on other drugs and awake for several days when a friend showed up with acid for my birthday. I took it and fell asleep. The dreams were of falling to the center of all and seeing the stars being born.

The coolest thing ever was being in DC at the 4th of July smoke in. We took Mr Natural about 2 hrs before dark and laid on the grass beyond the white house gates and watched the most amazing fireworks. Carter was in office I think it was 1980- I know there was a fireworks rose in the finale.
Image Image
est 1953

Philly
adept ninja

Postby Philly » Fri May 06, 2016 3:59 pm

I truly believe that in the right capacity LSD can have multiple medicinal uses
Never apologize for being nerdy because non-nerdy people never apologize for being assholes - john barrowman
Candeeoke
The Quiet Storm

Postby Candeeoke » Fri May 06, 2016 5:46 pm

There's a documentary out there - can't recall the name right now but it talks about how LSD's existence and use led to the discovery of serotonin. We would not have half the mental wellness meds we do now without it coming into existence. In that same documentary, it talks about how with guided help an acid trip can cure someone from smoking. We ignore it's medicinal uses, why? Well, I can name lots of reasons but I really hope that with the science coming out about some drugs that are schedule one, specifically shrooms, LSD and cannabis should be reclassified and used to actually help people.
ImageImage
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Sun May 08, 2016 1:58 am

Quite frankly, if I ruled the world, it would be a mandatory teenage experience.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image

Return to “420- for all things 420 related”