Oh shit... A new look at Special K

Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Sun May 08, 2016 2:35 am

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/07/is-special-k-the-anti-depressant-we-ve-waited-for.html

Daily Beast wrote:Is Special K the Anti-Depressant We’ve Waited For?

A groundbreaking study on the popular club drug shows its massive potential in treating depression, with a ketamine spray coming to market as soon as 2019.
On Tuesday, infamous pharma bro Martin Shkreli’s company Turing Pharmaceuticals inked a $95 million deal for its research program on ketamine, a powerful anesthetic turned 90s club drug nicknamed “Special K.” The research, now owned by Marina Biotech, centers on a nasal spray form of ketamine to treat severe depression.
The news came within hours of the National Institute of Health releasing a groundbreaking study on the drug’s antidepressant agents in which researchers discovered that the way the drug is metabolized has an anti-depressant effect.
The two developments, although different in nature, are indicative of the growing legitimacy a drug once known for its party-appeal has earned. Quick acting, long lasting, and capable of reducing suicidal thoughts, the drug solves many of the problems other medicines in this field create.
Is ketamine the anti-depressant we’ve all been waiting for? ...

Continue Reading Here...

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Sun May 08, 2016 2:36 am

lol

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Sun May 08, 2016 3:04 am

Ketamine scares the shit out of me, mostly because of the lost time thing. My presumption is that I was under it during my muscle biopsy, which I remember none of. I could see judicious therapeutic use of this stuff to be pretty exciting for folks with PTSD integrated into talk therapy, obviously not because of the memory loss, which is temporary and short-term/during the period somebody'd be under the influence. Anyhow, I'm watching this thread because I know peeps around are much more experienced in this manner than I am.
Once was lost and now am lost; was blind but now I smoke
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Sun May 08, 2016 4:17 am

I can't help but think "What are the long term side effects?" Usually, if somethings too good to be true, it usually is. I really hope this turns up working well for all who suffer from depression.
Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Sun May 08, 2016 6:05 am

If they can make it safe then that's awesome. A friend of mine died due to a bladder infection caused by over-use of ketamine. I've always had a good time with it but I like to know my dosage so I don't end up curled in a ball in the bathroom for four hours.

Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Sun May 08, 2016 10:15 am

honestly, one of the ones i never tried. was always a little scared of it and not the most accessible drug for a minority.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Sun May 08, 2016 10:34 am

'For a minority'.

That's interesting. Growing up where I did, I never saw a distinction between drugs that were more popular among different races. But Liverpool is a city with a very well-mixed ethnic makeup so it's probably not very representative. Would you feel like elaborating a bit (sorry if off-topic).

Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Sun May 08, 2016 11:18 am

Brewtality wrote:'For a minority'.

That's interesting. Growing up where I did, I never saw a distinction between drugs that were more popular among different races. But Liverpool is a city with a very well-mixed ethnic makeup so it's probably not very representative. Would you feel like elaborating a bit (sorry if off-topic).

Not at all. In the states, and here in particular, the NY/NJ side of things, there are white people drugs and black people/minority drugs. White is coke (although not really really, it's just the "white man's drug")... it's more expensive, more chemical etc. Meth is the real white thing because 1. it didnt really hit in NY because everyone was already a cokehead 2. you'll never catch that shit in a hood home. Or rather you will... but no one is pulling it out.

This area is well mixed enough, but it's grotto-ized. Self segregated. What was prevalent in higher income neighborhoods is less accessible in lower and those are usually divided against race lines I'm sad to say.

Special K, mesculine, Pills, coke, meth, mushrooms, etc... LSD, Acid... all white, harder to produce get your hands on

Weed, Liquor, and a good amount of coke and X is minority

It's changing a bit with things like the popularity of Molly in songs and Walmart hip hop culture, but those lines are still there hard.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image

Return to “420- for all things 420 related”