What did the first forums mean for you in your life?

STARTING THE PROJECT WITHIN WEEKS... FEEL FREE TO WATCH US THINK.
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:28 pm

Back before all the shit went down, how was your life affected by Ninja? What were you seeking then, and what did you find? What were your impressions of our courageous leader? Did it have any bearing on your relationships with your family or friends? Did it influence your mental health? What about your worldview?

I'm gonna respond to this in a subsequent comment, but I feel like getting some of this out could be beneficial to getting the story told properly and accurately.
Once was lost and now am lost; was blind but now I smoke
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:52 pm

At the time I was plugged into a program dedicated to turning out zealous but reliable career folk who would influence the world at large to be more Mormon. It was at first a very comfortable situation. Hell, I was nearly on top of the Mormon privilege pile: White, middle class economically and socially, passing for 100% straight, US American, and really convinced of all the cosmology and mythos behind the core of the faith. The extremely strident anti-LGBTQ rhetoric was building still, not as deafening as it is today. I'd finished a proselytizing mission a couple years before. My mission now was to develop job prospects, get married, have kids, and start funneling 10% of my wages toward the corporate religious behemoth. I kind of sucked at the get married thing. Didn't understand all the hyper masculinity and hyper femininity and unhealthy coping with sexual frustration. Still hadn't really discovered what a violent place patriarchal religion can be for women, especially Mormon women.

Coming fresh off a Mormon mission means finding a new sense of purpose. They convince you as a missionary that you're doing the most important thing that you could possibly be doing. You finish, and you end up kind of empty, looking for a similar (or sadly, the same) sense of purpose. I was not drawn to a similar sense of purpose. None of it really, deeply made sense. There was a dissonance, not just cognitive, but social and emotional. My bubble was trying to pop.

So I discover this place where people are ideologically devoted to the idea of standing up to unchecked power, to defying the ruling class and doing things to annoy the hell out of them. I'd always had a problem with authority, so this was appealing. I choked on my guilt and streamed a bunch of stuff off the main NinjaVideo site (Mormons are taught that "obeying honoring, and sustaining the law" is essential, and this included watching pirated shit). THEN I started to see these mysterious posts referencing a forum where original works of art and music were either highlighted or actually swear-wording produced. I made a user name, introduced myself timidly, and started reading. People were THOUGHTFUL. People's identities were individually showcased and admired but simultaneously I could sense that they were funneling their energies into something greater, a sort of community.

People were actually interested in contributing to a greater good. They were concerned for the welfare of one another in a way that was rare. I read the Manifesto Phara recorded and posted, transcribed. It gave me chills, and as a Mormon kid I'd always interpreted chills to likely originate from The Holy Ghost and thought OKAY THIS IS SOMETHING. Now I recognize that's just me recognizing intuitive truth with my super cool brain.

I started posting. I started seeing the rage passion of Phara and others. I started seeing something beautiful get built. I learned about new ways of life I'd not be able to know about if I'd limited my activity to one-on-one interaction in my college town (or even abroad, if I'm being honest) or in social networking of any kind. I learned about queer people, people of color who weren't interested in compromising who they were just to make me feel more at ease. I felt a bit of a cognitive rebirth coming on. I was reading shit on my computer screen and laughing audibly, a lot, which is something I'd begun to lose before finding Ninja.

Here I am. My introduction kind of talks about where I ended up shortly after Ninja started to experience its scatterings, and Phara took the heat for everything, leaving those of us who'd invested less in it sad, but still not adequately comprehending what had happened and what it all meant. I didn't write Phara. Thought I was too much of a peon to do something like that. I bought a stupid T-shirt with my Pell Grant and Stafford Loan money for the fund.

Ninja is back, and we're evolving, even officially, as in Evolving with a capitalized "E!" I'm ready to contribute, to not have my humanity wasted on click bait and circular ideological public masturbation in what has become a big chunk of social media. Perhaps the whole point of this topic and post is to say "thank you" and encourage others to do similarly.
Zombie
Wizard Behind The Curtain

Postby Zombie » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:36 pm

//pending.. My recall needs refining back to those days

Zombie wrote:It was probably the first forum I ever joined. I had a few pieces of art to throw up on my introduction thread and I quickly became addicted to this odd 24/7 creation. all the competitions, the chats, the banner madness which became like a race to be posted on main for a release.. a whole different world to what I had become accustomed to... movie nights..binge watching with friends..Fucking Madness is what I would simplify to being.
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:08 pm

i remember feeling like i was no longer alone on an island. its as if i just realized this island, is not even an island, but its a penninsula. o_O
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:42 pm

I totally forgot that I hadn't properly responded to this thread... but I'll keep it short because really, it's simple. ;)

Ninjavideo kept me sane, and maybe had a pivotal role in getting me through the toughest periods of my life. It pretty much had culminated in the later 2000's and Ninjavideo and it's community came along just at the right time to give me what I needed to get through everything that was going on. If it wasn't for Ninjavideo and the community that grew from it I honestly don't think I'd have made it out the other side of things...
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:46 pm

ink wrote:i remember feeling like i was no longer alone on an island. its as if i just realized this island, is not even an island, but its a penninsula. o_O

I think this is why Ninja is so socially sustainable for people online. It connects, not isolates, but at the same time rewards uniqueness, real uniqueness. I'm surprised every time I see myself connecting with people with whom I have less in common than I would've thought possible
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:04 pm

bump

*reading*
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:11 pm

on boy, you fuckers give me the feelz :|

//pending

~~~~~~~~

UPDATED 4/14/16

When I was building Ninja... I thought there was something inside all of us that related. And I said this as a crazy loner, but someone who people were always drawn to. I came from a forum named alluc prior to Ninja and one night there... everything blew up. I was a relatively quiet member on Alluc. I was in a clinical depression and the only thing that gave me an odd sense of relief was uploading. I still have a hard time explaining it but I will always be a Ninja Blood. Before anything. Before I was Ninja Blue, before I was Ninja Royalty. I'm an uploader. I see great things and I want to share them. *shrug* It's what I do.

On alluc, I maintained two of the biggest TV lists on the web. Lists maintained by a single uploader. I wasn't very social. For about 18 months, I just played with my lists. Made them pretty, pulled screen pics, etc. It was soothing. Then one day... another amazing member named Pachamama asked for the spam trolls to stop using the word rape so loosely. I will never forget this. They rained down fuckin hell upon her. FUCKIN HELL. And she was a massive link hunter and contributor. I started to get loud that week. And sn1tchb1tch#1, (love that censor), who was a movie head and me spoke that week and went on a rampage bumping dumb threads and just having fun on their board as two mega contributors. We got banned. I contacted the mods I was cool with and had us unbanned and it turned into a war with us getting banned, unbanned, and ripping through the board. I started to flip, saying WHAT THE FUCK?, HOW DARE YOU TREAT YOUR CONTRIBUTORS LIKE THIS... ? At the same time, sn1tchb1tch#2 was around building his Veoh workaround and had hit me up to partner with him. I contacted him that night and said, fuck alluc, let's do this. The only thing I want though... is a forum. I will not go back to Alluc after what they did to Pacha and me and the rest.

The Ninja Forums were born. And from that very first day I declared that the fucking spammers, deadbeats, trolls, and overall scumbags will never have a fuckin say in my board. They'll be lucky if they can even register. And I declared all of us UN-FUCKIN-EQUAL until g'damn worth was proven. The contributors and the workers were to be respected or you would get the fuck out of my house. Never again would a gentle woman who was giving so much of her time (Pacha)... have the word rape screamed at her. No longer will a member like me who spent hours every single day uploading and working on her lists be banned and screamed at for having fun and defending others.

No longer would the fuckin spam thread be the greatest thing on a board. CULTURE AND DEBATE BITCHES. ART. LIT. MUSIC. GAMING. TECH. Every other fuckin field but spam. Every goddamn thing worth a damn. Obviously spam has it's place, we have a spam thread in every single forum including our Trash Bin, but that's where you go to fall upon the couch after your long day of working on your home. The end. Spam heads alone get zero fuckin respect from me. Walls of texts and hands outstretched is what I was looking for. And I believed within all of us were people who yearned for that. And I was right, because we built the most beautiful community on the internet... literally.

The original forums... I speak of 1.o here... tears in my eyes. 3vo is actually growing faster but jesus christ, my baby. //sobs\

3VO will Honor Ninja 1.0 and exceed it. I am committed. The last 8 years have shown me that NV and NE are and will be my greatest accomplishments in life. I love these people. I never found anyone like them. I never found another group like this. I never saw loneliness dissipate the way I do when I'm in the arms of the Ninjas. And no one will fuckin take it away this time. FUCKING NO ONE.

this shit is ninja.

All day and always.

//QUEEN PHARA
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Zombie

Postby Zombie » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:26 am

It was probably the first forum I ever joined. I had a few pieces of art to throw up on my introduction thread and I quickly became addicted to this odd 24/7 creation. all the competitions, the chats, the banner madness which became like a race to be posted on main for a release.. a whole different world to what I had become accustomed to... movie nights..binge watching with friends..Fucking Madness is what I would simplify to being.
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:11 pm

bump. answer pendings staff.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:39 pm

cerrodepedro wrote:
ink wrote:i remember feeling like i was no longer alone on an island. its as if i just realized this island, is not even an island, but its a penninsula. o_O

I think this is why Ninja is so socially sustainable for people online. It connects, not isolates, but at the same time rewards uniqueness, real uniqueness. I'm surprised every time I see myself connecting with people with whom I have less in common than I would've thought possible

When I was building Ninja... I thought there was something inside all of us that related. And I said this as a crazy loner, but someone who people were always drawn to. I came from a forum named alluc prior to Ninja and one night there... everything blew up. I was a relatively quiet member on Alluc. I was in a clinical depression and the only thing that gave me an odd sense of relief was uploading. I still have a hard time explaining it but I will always be a Ninja Blood. Before anything. Before I was Ninja Blue, before I was Ninja Royalty. I'm an uploader. I see great things and I want to share them. *shrug* It's what I do.

On alluc, I maintained two of the biggest TV lists on the web. Lists maintained by a single uploader. I wasn't very social. For about 18 months, I just played with my lists. Made them pretty, pulled screen pics, etc. It was soothing. Then one day... another amazing member named Pachamama asked for the spam trolls to stop using the word rape so loosely. I will never forget this. They rained down fuckin hell upon her. FUCKIN HELL. And she was a massive link hunter and contributor. I started to get loud that week. And sn1tchb1tch#1, (love that censor), who was a movie head and me spoke that week and went on a rampage bumping dumb threads and just having fun on their board as two mega contributors. We got banned. I contacted the mods I was cool with and had us unbanned and it turned into a war with us getting banned, unbanned, and ripping through the board. I started to flip, saying WHAT THE FUCK?, HOW DARE YOU TREAT YOUR CONTRIBUTORS LIKE THIS... ? At the same time, sn1tchb1tch#2 was around building his Veoh workaround and had hit me up to partner with him. I contacted him that night and said, fuck alluc, let's do this. The only thing I want though... is a forum. I will not go back to Alluc after what they did to Pacha and me and the rest.

The Ninja Forums were born. And from that very first day I declared that the fucking spammers, deadbeats, trolls, and overall scumbags will never have a fuckin say in my board. They'll be lucky if they can even register. And I declared all of UN-FUCKIN-EQUAL until g'damn worth was proven. The contributors and the workers were to be respected or you would get the fuck out of my house. Never again would a gentle woman who was giving so much of her time (Pacha)... have the word rape screamed at her. No longer will a member like me who spent hours every single day uploading and working on her lists be banned and screamed at for having fun and defending others.

No longer would the fuckin spam thread be the greatest thing on a board. CULTURE AND DEBATE BITCHES. ART. LIT. MUSIC. GAMING. TECH. Every other fuckin field but spam. Every goddamn thing worth a damn. Obviously spam has it's place, we have a spam thread in every single forum including our Trash Bin, but that's where you go to fall upon the couch after your long day of working on your home. The end. Spam heads alone get zero fuckin respect from me. Walls of texts and hands outstretched is what I was looking for. And I believed within all of us were people who yearned for that. And I was right, because we built the most beautiful community on the internet... literally.

The original forums... I speak of 1.o here... tears in my eyes. 3vo is actually growing faster but jesus christ, my baby. //sobs\

3VO will Honor Ninja 1.0 and exceed it. I am committed. The last 8 years have shown me that NV and NE are and will be my greatest accomplishments in life. I love these people. I never found anyone like them. I never found another group like this. I never saw loneliness dissipate the way I do when I'm in the arms of the Ninjas. And no one will fuckin take it away this time. FUCKING NO ONE.

this shit is ninja.

All day and always.

//QUEEN PHARA
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:47 pm

Phara wrote:on boy, you fuckers give me the feelz :|

//pending

~~~~~~~~

UPDATED 4/14/16

The Ninja Forums were born. And from that very first day I declared that the fucking spammers, deadbeats, trolls, and overall scumbags will never have a fuckin say in my board. They'll be lucky if they can even register. And I declared all of UN-FUCKIN-EQUAL until g'damn worth was proven. The contributors and the workers were to be respected or you would get the fuck out of my house. Never again would a gentle woman who was giving so much of her time (Pacha)... have the word rape screamed at her. No longer will a member like me who spent hours every single day uploading and working on her lists be banned and screamed at for having fun and defending others.

this shit is ninja.

All day and always.

//QUEEN PHARA

all day. beautiful. and they can never take love away from you! this is it, its happening! (suuuuuuuuN)

Azealdread
NinjaCrafted

Postby Azealdread » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:06 pm

Phara wrote:
cerrodepedro wrote:

this shit is ninja.

All day and always.

//QUEEN PHARA

Hell ya Ninja forever! that was amazing and moving at the same time, Ninja will always be my second home, my hide away from life and a place where i can speak with my true words of heart. <3 much respect (sun)
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:39 am

i want to see a post in here everyday
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:57 pm

I was enjoying forums when they were not much more than ebullition boards but Ninja was mostly an emotionally honest bunch. By and large I liked that so I stayed to post a bit.
Image Image
est 1953

girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN

Postby girlapaloo » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:54 pm

While leeching off the mainsite I'm pretty sure that one of Phara's posts about Photo Club voting lured me in.

I enjoyed the TV/Movie discussions. Great way to find new stuff to watch.
I loved marveling at all the artists who were posting their work.
The forum inspired me to pay more attention to my creative side and focus less on petty negativity.

It was one of the only experiences I ever had making friends all over the globe.
(The other was actually a forum, too, but centered around art and snail mail.
Not nearly as cool as Ninja though. Sadly they are no longer around :( )

My first impressions of Phara were kinda scareh....intelligent, strong-willed, in-charge! That's because she ran a tight ship. No abuse was tolerated on the boards, and that made me feel safe to post.

After being joke-banned by mods and logging in to a blindingly ugly white forum background a few times, it felt like I was home LOL
Spoiler: show
Image Image
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:21 pm

Something I didn't mention in here was the technical side to the 1.0 main site. I think what I detected in it was a general attitude of giving a shit. My thinking was, "Video codecs are sucking nowadays. Most flash clients make my computer's cooling fans roar and slow everything else down that I'm running. Playback is choppy and lossy, and wasteful. This, though, this is beautiful. There must be a large number of people contributing to make the sheer volume of content possible." And I noticed "THERE IS A FORUM, TOO??? IS THAT HOW I MIGHT ACCESS SOCIAL CONNECTION WITH THIS LARGE GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO GIVE A SHIT?"

So, while what I found in the forums blew the significance of the main site out of the water, I was certainly drawn in by what was obviously a group of people who took pride in what they did, and that is what keeps me here presently.
Zombie

Postby Zombie » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:41 pm

Said every true ninja... That sums it up from 1.0
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:27 am

(flex)

cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:49 am

Has there been a discussion about how close Ninja has matched hacker circles? What a lot of FOSS (free open source software) spaces online have preached has been the concept of a meritocracy. I never dared approach the proverbial Throne on which the Queen sat unless I came with something worth her time or followed proper decorum. A meritocratic system is near perfect for the Internet being that it is so big and given that it is so increasingly lateral. A cynical take on what's happened to large quantities of people getting Internet access is that it's become this giant cesspool of useless information, but that's only if you insist that every contributor stands on the same ground. Places like this serve to shatter that perception.

Take some examples: Say you wanted to figure out how to do something like repair a really old sewing machine. Where are you going to find it? eHow? Just a simple Google search? Probably not. If you use Google, you're going to end up in a place with a forum format much like this, somewhere in which the greatest contributors to their communities rise to the top. It's even notated in their user names and avatars. If you need to solve a strange Ubuntu Linux forum, you can see a person's role based on how many coffee beans display (signifying post count) and whether they are staff or admins. They're ranked based on the helpfulness of the answers they give.

The differentiating factor of the Ninja phenomenon generally (including all its iterations) is that it's a lot more cosmopolitan. It's a giant cultural party. ALL KINDS of content is generated. Apart from this, a lot of us choose to form emotional bonds, and CAN because of the breadth of topics covered here, many very, very, deeply personal. Hell, y'all have really been exposed to my guts on a number of occasions already in a short span of time. I intend to continue that.

I looked up to people who had made huge contributions to the great and beautiful monster of Ninja. I still look up to those people, and look up to the people who now make NE a lot of fun and a lot of depth and a lot of thought now.
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:12 am

This was my oasis in the darkest most miserable time in my life. Student teaching sucked my happiness and soul right out of me. It scared me so much, I didn't apply for licensure or think of applying until 7 years later of working retail. One awful co-op I got paired up with who was a mega-bitch in every way and the complete opposite personality of me. First day, I walk into the class well before i was supposed to to introduce myself to her. Her and her husband the gym teacher were arguing. He stands up, throws his ands in the air after yelling something, looks me right in the eyes and says "good luck with this bitch"

Man I did not know how right he was.

Ninja was my light in that dark tunnel and kept my sanity. I became an obsessed lurker, and always watched Battlestar Galactica for 2 hrs/day.

I felt like I had friends even though I didn't post. I started posting after I graduated. Everyone was very accepting. It got me through the drudge/hell that was student teaching.

40 hrs in the classroom, 5 hrs at the college, 20 hrs of part time work to live, about 10-15 hours of typing lesson plans and preparing your lessons.

They don't pay you, but the teacher/co op you're with gets paid extra while you do their job and they just tell you what to do and how you should do it, and in my case, why you're doing terrible and should only use certain methods, when really you should be using a variety of methods and changing it up to avoid monotonous boring classes and reaching diverse learners. I actually had dreams of cage fighting her,

Ninja kept my sanity, and arguably more importantly, gave me happiness when I had nothing else to be happy about other than the fact that I was alive. I put on 50 lbs and slept 3-4 hours a night during student teaching. It made me feel terrible about myself. I'm just glad it's really paying off now.

I don't see how I could have kept going on without Ninja. It was my light when I had none. And when I let it in even more by posting, it helped me shine a lot brighter through all the connections I made from ninjas old and new. I'll never forget.
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:17 am

^^^ that is awesome btw riv, it helps to stay connected for sure

cerrodepedro wrote:Has there been a discussion about how close Ninja has matched hacker circles? What a lot of FOSS (free open source software) spaces online have preached has been the concept of a meritocracy. I never dared approach the proverbial Throne on which the Queen sat unless I came with something worth her time or followed proper decorum. A meritocratic system is near perfect for the Internet being that it is so big and given that it is so increasingly lateral. A cynical take on what's happened to large quantities of people getting Internet access is that it's become this giant cesspool of useless information, but that's only if you insist that every contributor stands on the same ground. Places like this serve to shatter that perception.

Take some examples: Say you wanted to figure out how to do something like repair a really old sewing machine. Where are you going to find it? eHow? Just a simple Google search? Probably not. If you use Google, you're going to end up in a place with a forum format much like this, somewhere in which the greatest contributors to their communities rise to the top. It's even notated in their user names and avatars. If you need to solve a strange Ubuntu Linux forum, you can see a person's role based on how many coffee beans display (signifying post count) and whether they are staff or admins. They're ranked based on the helpfulness of the answers they give.

The differentiating factor of the Ninja phenomenon generally (including all its iterations) is that it's a lot more cosmopolitan. It's a giant cultural party. ALL KINDS of content is generated. Apart from this, a lot of us choose to form emotional bonds, and CAN because of the breadth of topics covered here, many very, very, deeply personal. Hell, y'all have really been exposed to my guts on a number of occasions already in a short span of time. I intend to continue that.

I looked up to people who had made huge contributions to the great and beautiful monster of Ninja. I still look up to those people, and look up to the people who now make NE a lot of fun and a lot of depth and a lot of thought now.

Aand there are a lot of great points in cerro. Funny because i would look up information about random stuff and it always btought me into some type of forum, in the end. "Cosmopolitan!", "Giant cultural party!" my dude, you are such a wordsmith!
we are definitely building something cool here.. so lets go break the internet! :D

Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:35 am

more. this thread makes me happy.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:08 pm

early 2008 a friend from *gasp* myspace kept telling me how much i needed to watch Dexter. i think someone else on there had first mentioned NinjaVideo but i think i just did an online search and saw the name again in the results and wandered on over. after devouring 2 seasons the leech-blinders started to fade and i'd notice strange and crazeh writings on the mainpage which i hadn't previously paid much mind. somehow i clicked on the manifesto which was apparently fresh out of the gate at that time. i was no stranger to the concept of sharing. i'd grown up "pirating" video tapes with my dad. so that pretty much sealed the deal. i decided to read the forums front-to-back. it took me awhile, ok, MONTHS lol, but i did finally join that winter a few weeks prior to Phara's birthday. i remember being a bit of a banter-whore at first and then being coerced to post a thread of my stuff in Art. the next time i signed on my name was in this glorious pink and i was told that was the fastest anyone had ever been given a color. i was so honored, and then i started getting to know Phara and everyone even more and it all just sorta fell into place from there. at the time life was getting kind of crap in various ways, and the kinship, understanding, inspiration, and true community i found here became not only an escape and distraction that helped me muddle through, but it became a place where i actually GREW as a person. and that then translated to how i continued to handle and then overcome the crap that came.

the best part is

the story isn't over yet.
(sun)
Ron
grasshopper

Postby Ron » Sun May 08, 2016 2:13 am

Hmm, the first forums saw Bubbles as a much younger boy. Full of insecurities and a longing to be wanted even needed. It filled that role for me nicely, I would brag to people in real life how I was a big deal on an internet piracy forum. Most people down here in the south just didn't care. It didn't phase me though, Ninja may have never gotten me any tail back in high school but it certainly helped mold me into the person I am today, for better or worst. I remember when my stepdad beat the shit out of me I went there. I posted how I wanted to be anywhere but where I was and there was a user who offered to shelter me in Boston. I made my mind up and told him I was on my way.

I ran away for 3 days. It turns out boston is really far away and without a car that makes things a bit tricky. But the fact that I had a stranger hundreds of miles away trying to save me from a bad situation still never ceases to stop me in my tracks some times.

This place, and that place has some of the best people ever to be worthy of the title: Human.
ImageImage

Return to “THE NINJA STORY... THE DOCUMENTARY”