What did the first forums mean for you in your life?

STARTING THE PROJECT WITHIN WEEKS... FEEL FREE TO WATCH US THINK.
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Sun May 08, 2016 2:21 am

(suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun)
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Sun May 08, 2016 2:47 am

Bubbles wrote:Most people down here in the south just didn't care.

Ha, I got this sort of experience growing up in West Texas. Watch King of the Hill. It's an accurate depiction of the region. That said, speaking specifically of the Deep South, I had a blast with some super nerds around 2005: The Southern Mississippi Linux User Group. Wish those groups of people were more available to us nerdish types.
Once was lost and now am lost; was blind but now I smoke
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:57 am

Phara wrote:i want to see a post in here everyday

Well, FUCK, y'all, we've failed at this, haven't we? I said something similarly elsewhere, but it really bears repeating that Ninja 1.0 gave me an idealism I was on the cusp of losing, and LEFT IT THERE. Shit never really went away. A vague "fuck with the exploitative, empire-worshiping, neo-liberal collective of bloody bullshit" echoed about the mind unendingly, even when I was super Mormon and guilted myself for using words like "fuck" and "bullshit."

But seriously, y'all, if anybody wants money or barter in return for helping me with their more able body to make my little corner of suburbia agricultural (A link to z0mbie's "What do I want? What can I do?" section), I would want to consecrate the whole effort to something that stuck around in Ninja Evolution, write a guide to gimp gardening and gimp zombie apocalypse preparation. Maybe all our Ninja-shared and Ninja-collaborative efforts can work in a way that Main Site worked to leave "fuck with the system" mind worms in so many of us who have returned.
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:00 am

^^you're so very awesome
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:02 am

Like every post is filled with poetry
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:02 am

That is def an art

cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:05 am

When Ink says something is an art...

Thanks.

I'll try to keep up with the nostalgic and appreciative habit a little more often.
Zombie
Wizard Behind The Curtain

Postby Zombie » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:18 am

cerrodepedro wrote:

Well, FUCK, y'all, we've failed at this, haven't we? I said something similarly elsewhere, but it really bears repeating that Ninja 1.0 gave me an idealism I was on the cusp of losing, and LEFT IT THERE. Shit never really went away. A vague "fuck with the exploitative, empire-worshiping, neo-liberal collective of bloody bullshit" echoed about the mind unendingly, even when I was super Mormon and guilted myself for using words like "fuck" and "bullshit."

But seriously, y'all, if anybody wants money or barter in return for helping me with their more able body to make my little corner of suburbia agricultural (A link to z0mbie's "What do I want? What can I do?" section), I would want to consecrate the whole effort to something that stuck around in Ninja Evolution, write a guide to gimp gardening and gimp zombie apocalypse preparation. Maybe all our Ninja-shared and Ninja-collaborative efforts can work in a way that Main Site worked to leave "fuck with the system" mind worms in so many of us who have returned.

you get it!
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:13 pm

cerrodepedro wrote:When Ink says something is an art...

Thanks.

I'll try to keep up with the nostalgic and appreciative habit a little more often.

<3
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:14 pm

Zombie wrote:
cerrodepedro wrote:

But seriously, y'all, if anybody wants money or barter in return for me with their more able body to make my little corner of suburbia agricultural (A link to z0mbie's "What do I want? What can I do?" section), I would want to consecrate the whole effort to something that stuck around in Ninja Evolution, write a guide to gimp gardening and gimp zombie apocalypse preparation. Maybe all our Ninja-shared and Ninja-collaborative efforts can work in a way that Main Site worked to leave "fuck with the system" mind worms in so many of us who have returned.

you get it!

yea he does, perfectly
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:38 pm

I totally forgot that I hadn't properly responded to this thread... finally did. ;)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:47 pm

I look forward to the next steps.
Image Image
est 1953

Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:51 pm

facebooked. morning high. :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:56 pm

Feydakin wrote:I totally forgot that I hadn't properly responded to this thread... but I'll keep it short because really, it's simple. ;)

Ninjavideo kept me sane, and maybe had a pivotal role in getting me through the toughest periods of my life. It pretty much had culminated in the later 2000's and Ninjavideo and it's community came along just at the right time to give me what I needed to get through everything that was going on. If it wasn't for Ninjavideo and the community that grew from it I honestly don't think I'd have made it out the other side of things...

<3, love you. thank you for coming back and answering. i hear that everywhere and i love that so much. that ninja always came around at this perfect time. i love that sooooooooooo much. it feels so universal. that something bigger than us soul that is Ninja. It will always exist. We just have to keep loving eachother and yelling at eachother and posting to eachother and laughing together and being here.

I'm so down. :)

(sun)
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:16 pm

Bubbles wrote:Hmm, the first forums saw Bubbles as a much younger boy. Full of insecurities and a longing to be wanted even needed. It filled that role for me nicely, I would brag to people in real life how I was a big deal on an internet piracy forum. Most people down here in the south just didn't care. It didn't phase me though, Ninja may have never gotten me any tail back in high school but it certainly helped mold me into the person I am today, for better or worst. I remember when my stepdad beat the shit out of me I went there. I posted how I wanted to be anywhere but where I was and there was a user who offered to shelter me in Boston. I made my mind up and told him I was on my way.

I ran away for 3 days. It turns out boston is really far away and without a car that makes things a bit tricky. But the fact that I had a stranger hundreds of miles away trying to save me from a bad situation still never ceases to stop me in my tracks some times.

This place, and that place has some of the best people ever to be worthy of the title: Human.

this just moved me deeply
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:20 pm

Yes the connection is incredible

defango
the unproven

Re: What did the first forums mean for you in your life?

Postby defango » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:25 am

When I first stumbled upon the ninja video forum I was in a really weird place in my life. I had just gotten let go from a Fortune 100 company and I basically wrote myself out of a job. I was struggling so I moved in with my aunt and decided to take a job at a local Jack in the Box. I would work the graveyard shift and during the day basically I would immerse myself into the ninja video forms trying to find meaning of what happened and enjoying some of the best content out on the internet. I decided to throw all caution to the wind and fully immerse myself and everything ninja video had to offer. Rising in the ranks on the ninja the video for and was no simple task because phara was a shrewd moderator and ensure that there was no spammy content on the forms. I work my way through literary contests ,art projects,making banners, until one day when I got invited to join the VIP or upper echelon of what ninja video and offer. I loved the Skype chats and interacting with the massive team of people that made the ninja video Network work. It was amazing to see how this gigantic group of people from all walks of life in all places in the world came together to create this massive online share that eclipsed anything that had been seen in the internet in that day. It was wonderful working with all of you and learning new skills and developing technologies that made it nearly impossible for anybody to see what was really happening behind the scenes. When the site went down finally I was deeply saddened because I felt like the biggest piece of my life just finally went abroad but it showed me that all the things that I've learned here at ninja video basic be prepared me for the life I was supposed to live.

Ninja video really met a lot to me because it showed me Not only was I capable but that I was a force of Nature and I will forever be grateful for all the lessons that I learned.
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:15 pm

Great share. Sounds like an Echo Def... Underemploy the best and the brightest and they will make something new appear.
Image Image
est 1953

Philly
adept ninja

Postby Philly » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:13 pm

At the time of the original forums I was living with my highschool sweetheart. I waited tables and kept weird hours so we were able to use ninjamain to watch TV together. It became a regular thing after work for us to pack a bong and watch stuff. Over time, the lil captions under the links caught our attention. We were like " who are these people?" So we checked out the forums & mainly lurked but it was like knowing the ppl behind the links per se. He overdosed in 2010 so he's totally missing out now. Its kinda bittersweet being on here. His death is another part of why I'm clean now but I can't help but miss him. He would a had a lot to contribute as far as drawings and art. Oh well it is what it is
Never apologize for being nerdy because non-nerdy people never apologize for being assholes - john barrowman
Psy
Neck Veins & Deep Inner Bellows...

Postby Psy » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:28 pm

It meant taking over the Ninja Magazine after the other cunts on it turned out to be double faced shit-jaws.

That and DivX player like a beatch.
ghostdogg
Rewind. Spit. Scratch. See Heaven.

Postby ghostdogg » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:44 pm

reaching kin /ninjablack
Cee
the unproven

Postby Cee » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:56 pm

Awkward
ghostdogg
Rewind. Spit. Scratch. See Heaven.

Postby ghostdogg » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:04 pm

PiraCee wrote:Awkward

:lawl:
Itsa notame
grasshopper

Postby Itsa notame » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:09 pm

I started out snaking shows and movies off the video site for a good while before I even realized there were forums. Once I delved in I felt something I hadn't in a good long while.....together. Even though I lurked for awhile I could feel the community and the way it was growing. I'll never forget when I first encountered on of my banners for a couple movies and shows on the vid site. It was great I was in college for graphic design(which I'm still paying for even though I don't do shit with it) and felt like I had a place where people wouldn't tell me it's good because they knew me. Ninja to me has always been about honest thoughts and awesome people about great things. I've missed you you beautiful fuckers!!!!
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN

Postby girlapaloo » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:24 pm

Itsa notame wrote:I started out snaking shows and movies off the video site for a good while before I even realized there were forums. Once I delved in I felt something I hadn't in a good long while.....together. Even though I lurked for awhile I could feel the community and the way it was growing. I'll never forget when I first encountered on of my banners for a couple movies and shows on the vid site. It was great I was in college for graphic design(which I'm still paying for even though I don't do shit with it) and felt like I had a place where people wouldn't tell me it's good because they knew me. Ninja to me has always been about honest thoughts and awesome people about great things. I've missed you you beautiful fuckers!!!!

Nice! Welcome home (sun)
Spoiler: show
Image Image

Return to “THE NINJA STORY... THE DOCUMENTARY”