Educational Podcasts/Vodcasts

Have something you want to share? Are you an expert in your field? Want to educate your fellow ninjas? Here's the place.
PhlawlessPhelon
phrankly phenomenal

Postby PhlawlessPhelon » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:14 am

So, I did some searching and came across some great stuff offered by SAGE publishing. Certain journals provide podcasts/Vodcasts related to certain journal articles. For some of these podcasts, a SAGE account is needed, but for others one is not.

Here is the link: SAGE PODCASTS

After a quick glance I noticed that Criminal Justice & Behavior and SAGEopen podcasts are publicly available, but I am sure others are too. I suggest just trying to find one you think is interesting.
-Master of all things pherret related
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Zombie
Wizard Behind The Curtain

Postby Zombie » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:35 pm

Just to note.. I'm redirected to the uk site which loads up a login for the podcast section although if you press 'esc' before the login page loads you can access the content specified above
PhlawlessPhelon
phrankly phenomenal

Postby PhlawlessPhelon » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:08 am

Yah, all I know is some content requires login. The open access should never require a login, and some journals are more generous with their offerings. It is kind of hit or miss. If there is a different link that works better for international people, then feel free to share, I didn't realize there were different versions of the site.

Im also searching for free webinars. A lot of colleges offer free 1 credit online courses over the summer (typically these are used to give grad students teaching experience, or to measure general interest in certain topics).

Thanks for the heads up for our international folks.
-Master of all things pherret related
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Educate Yourself”