Doug (1991)

Discuss your favorite animated media
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:35 am

Re-watching this my takeaway so far has been that Doug really should've gotten closer to Roger. I had a Roger in junior high school and I regret not becoming close friends with that idiot. I also think Mrs. Dink deserved way more character development than she got. Both the voice actor and the character herself were too cool for school.

Additional observations: Yes, we know that Doug figures into one more unoriginal appeal to the adolescent white boy. Something that's proof of that being less beneficial to the Doug-consuming populace is the fixation with Patty. Crushes are a guaranteed part of life for most allosexual and some asexual and definitely many on the asexual spectrum, but I would have benefited greatly from a perspective that didn't leave the hormones so very much in charge. Get a fucking hobby, Doug, and value Patty for more than her potential to validate your fragile sense of self highlighted by rampant and unregulated narcissism accepted as an expected and okay phenomenon for middle class white boys everywhere.
Once was lost and now am lost; was blind but now I smoke
Gwenno
Amigwenumi

Postby Gwenno » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:37 pm

I do not know this cartoon, but I understand it did not live up to your memories?
Live today, 'cause if you don't, you might live to regret it.... Amanda Marshall
Image Image
Image Image
Spoiler: show
/anna hijack! :kiss:
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:09 pm

It was just as I remembered! I just never really looked at it with as much of a critical eye. Lots of the nostalgia was around: Familiar character names, 90s cheesy jokes, etc.
Once was lost and now am lost; was blind but now I smoke
Philly
adept ninja

Re: Doug (1991)

Postby Philly » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:11 am

I loved Doug! The theme song was my ring tone for the longest
Never apologize for being nerdy because non-nerdy people never apologize for being assholes - john barrowman
Skywalker
I Feel Ya Sista... Not in that way

Re: Doug (1991)

Postby Skywalker » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:02 am

This was my show when it came on.

I always wanted high school to be like Doug but that was never going to happen.

Return to “Cartoons, & Anime Discussion”