Any Weabo...um, Anime fans out there?

Discuss your favorite animated media
Ron
grasshopper

Postby Ron » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:49 pm

General discussion/ What are you watching/Recomendations thread.

I just finished up Erased Last week, really decent murder mystery, the first half trumps the second half with loads of dark imagery and settings.
ImageImage
Zansi'Vara
Dark Horse of many truths

Postby Zansi'Vara » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:59 pm

Just recently started One Punch Man, and I gotta say it's pretty funny. Lives up to a lot of the hype, I think.

Favorite anime of all time is still Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion. Just a beautifully animated, orchestrated, and scripted show.
ImageImage
ImageImage
BigMush
Drunkin Beta Style

Postby BigMush » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:43 am

Not a weeaboo, but i appriciate anime for sure.

If you want any horror/psychological anime, hit me up.
**Awesome Singnature**

ImageImageImageImageImage

Ron
grasshopper

Postby Ron » Wed May 04, 2016 11:59 pm

I've been watching some current season Anime on Crunchyroll. Re:Zero is standing out to be amazing, it's drawn so well and has an excellent heart string pulling tragedy vibe to it that keeps you engaged every episode.
ImageImage
Ron
grasshopper

Postby Ron » Thu May 05, 2016 12:00 am

BigMush wrote:Not a weeaboo, but i appriciate anime for sure.

We are all weaboo on the inside. Next to the fleshy pink organs.
ImageImage
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Thu May 05, 2016 6:00 am

im HUUUUUUGE into anime, but i watched sparingly this year with spending so much fucking time grading. this summer ill be watching anime til my eyes bleed.

One Punch Man was EXCELLENT!!!! ive also rewatched the last 2 seasons of dbz. I thoguht "is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon" was pretty good. its not like the title makes it seem like AT ALL, which i liked about it.

I still need to finish Hellsing Ultimate. I watched the dubs as they were being released, over the course of an absurd amount of years. the last ep was finally made, and ive been holding off on it for way too long.

Gantz is fantastic if you havent seen it, as is Speed Grapher,

I started SOA: 2 but hadnt picked it back up. Prison School and Parasyte are on my what to watch next list.
BigMush
Drunkin Beta Style

Postby BigMush » Fri May 06, 2016 6:45 am

Prepare thy sense of humor :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFQQALduhzA

I still have a Ene chibi figurine on my keychain next to my Neko-Mario :) Totally broken and no color left, but still :D

Anyone seen any good horror anime from the last year? Havent been surfing anime for a long time now
**Awesome Singnature**

Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Sat May 07, 2016 7:53 pm

BigMush wrote:Prepare thy sense of humor :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFQQALduhzA

I still have a Ene chibi figurine on my keychain next to my Neko-Mario :) Totally broken and no color left, but still :D

Anyone seen any good horror anime from the last year? Havent been surfing anime for a long time now

That was excellent!

"Like everything I said about weeaboos can be said about any obsession out there. It's cool to enjoy something, but, you know, just fucking take it easy"

That had me CRACKING THE FUCK UP!!!!
Otakuninjato
the unproven

Re: Any Weabo...um, Anime fans out there?

Postby Otakuninjato » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:19 pm

The Devil has a part time job
High school of the Dead
My little monster
Elfin lied
Record of Lodoss
Bahemut
(Just a few that i rewatch)
-live life on a different frequency- /horus
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:36 am

except bahamut and my little monster, i ve seen those! definitely recommend-worthy. Also I just rewatched Demon King Daimou - kinda like Harry Potter, but the crow (instead of the hat) tells him he is the devil king and will take over the world, and everyone in the magic school is then very afraid and angry with him. hilarity ensues and its pretty over the top. Not as much over the top as gurren lagann or kill la kill, but still over the top.

I also enjoyed "Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon?" i read about it on my anime news site, and its NOTHING like youd guess from the title, and that really made me appreciate it. Im always pumped to meet another otaku!!! Glad to ahve you hear!!!

Side Note: feel free to hit up our introduction page to have a nice meet with everyone. we're pretty chill and non judgemental here. its a nice community!!
BigMush
Drunkin Beta Style

Postby BigMush » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:58 pm

No one mentions Higurashi no naku koro ni, Garden of sinners or Welcome to the NHK? :o
**Awesome Singnature**

Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:54 pm

BigMush wrote:No one mentions Higurashi no naku koro ni, Garden of sinners or Welcome to the NHK? :o

ive never heard of the first one, and by the time i started watching welcome to the nhk, it was really slow for the first 4 eps, then i took a break, and when i went to revisit it was off of netflix. im sure my other services have it. if it gets your approval ill hop back on it. i did the same thing with season 1 of daredevil. i didnt pick it back up til season 2 was out for a couple months. im glad i picked that up too!
Skywalker
I Feel Ya Sista... Not in that way

Postby Skywalker » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:52 pm

I do not remember the last Anime I watched..

Anyone have any suggestions in that regard, maybe something on Netflix.
BigMush
Drunkin Beta Style

Postby BigMush » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:51 am

Rivoc wrote:
BigMush wrote:No one mentions Higurashi no naku koro ni, Garden of sinners or Welcome to the NHK? :o

ive never heard of the first one, and by the time i started watching welcome to the nhk, it was really slow for the first 4 eps, then i took a break, and when i went to revisit it was off of netflix. im sure my other services have it. if it gets your approval ill hop back on it. i did the same thing with season 1 of daredevil. i didnt pick it back up til season 2 was out for a couple months. im glad i picked that up too!

Welcome to the NHK is one of my golden nuggets. I strongly recommend it :)
**Awesome Singnature**

Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:34 am

BigMush wrote:
Rivoc wrote:

Welcome to the NHK is one of my golden nuggets. I strongly recommend it :)

I'll start it tonight if thats one of your classics. Gantz is one of mine and ive just been informed theres a live action movie - two of them in parts. Thats on my backburner as i returned to work 2 weeks ago to teach summer school. I had nothing prepared at all but my principal texted me about the opportunity, and when i get the pay in october that should clear the rest of my debt!!!!! DAMN I cant wait to be free!!!!!

btw Ong Bak was AMAZING!!!!!!! good call on that one! I was blown aw2ay at the story and the characters and everything! Thats not easy to invoke for an action movie. I really enjoyed it! I wish I could say the same about the second. that was a let down, but, i like that the ending was dark. it just didnt flow like the first one did. if you have any other suggestions on kung fu movies, definitely hit me up in that thread. EXCELLENT recommends!!!
Beakedbard
ninja with training wheels

Postby Beakedbard » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:25 pm

Mushishi hands down. Well i mean don't expect tons of gore and bewbs (which is actually boring me tbh) but it more than makes up for that in story, music and atmosphere. If you want some gore go Drifters its made by the same dude as Hellsing so you can guess the general style. XD
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:39 am

Well ive finished the first half (cause trhats all that was released so far) of the new Berserk! anime, and it was AMAZING and gory and horrory and attempted demon rapey getting cut in half mid action bloody crazy!

I forgot how awesome Guts was!!!! Im also glad theres no real nudity in this anime, cause its not about that as much as it is how fucked up the effects of their reality is having on everyone.

im also in the middle of mob psycho 100, done by the creators of one punch man which was OUTSTANDING!!!!
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:09 am

I just finished Re: Zero, MAN was it moving!!!! VERY inspiring and well done, with lots of time travel-like fuckery to really keep it interesting. SO SO SO inspirational. I watched all of it over the course of a month, mostly on Saturdays. I think any anime fan should at least check it out for 3 episodes.
BigMush
Drunkin Beta Style

Postby BigMush » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:06 am

RE:zero was a total delight to watch indeed! Loved how they made the character abit cray-cray, but with a sense of responsibility. It is truly a gem
**Awesome Singnature**

Return to “Cartoons, & Anime Discussion”