One Punch Man (2015)

Discuss your favorite animated media
User avatar
Zansi'Vara
Dark Horse of many truths
Posts: 606
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:25 pm
Location: USA

Postby Zansi'Vara » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:58 am

I just started watching this anime and frankly I think it lives up to the hype pretty well. I kind of love all of the references and comedic satire of the action anime style. I think it hits the nail on the head for a genre parody. What do you think?

Image
Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
PhlawlessPhelon
phrankly phenomenal
Posts: 960
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:20 am
Location: Krynn

Postby PhlawlessPhelon » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:44 am

I am going to start this tonight. I just noticed they have season 1 on Hulu Plus and I need something new in my TV rotation. I don't watch a lot of anime, but I recently finished 7 Deadly sins and loved it, so I am willing to give this one a try. I will update again after I watch a few episodes.
Image
-Master of all things pherret related
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious
Posts: 1779
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:48 pm
Location: Right Here
Contact:

Postby Feydakin » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:38 am

Heard good things... just wish I had time to watch as much TV as I used to. :P
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
User avatar
Zansi'Vara
Dark Horse of many truths
Posts: 606
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:25 pm
Location: USA

Postby Zansi'Vara » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:39 am

It's funny if you haven't watched a lot of anime, but it's funnier if you have. Lots of little references, and quite a few big, obvious references. xD
Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
BigMush
Drunkin Beta Style
Posts: 531
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:22 pm
Location: Sweden

Postby BigMush » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:06 am

I've seen that one.

Many laughs to be had, belive me :D

Kinda tired of the whole anime scene, but One Punch Man was perfect
**Awesome Singnature**

ImageImageImageImageImage

Image
User avatar
Zansi'Vara
Dark Horse of many truths
Posts: 606
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:25 pm
Location: USA

Postby Zansi'Vara » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:26 pm

BigMush wrote:I've seen that one.

Many laughs to be had, belive me :D

Kinda tired of the whole anime scene, but One Punch Man was perfect


For sure, I am bored by a lot of animes, but I do still have my guilty pleasures. xD
Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hoshiko
the unproven
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:13 pm

Postby Hoshiko » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:43 pm

I've watched a lot of anime, burned through all of One Punch Man but didn't feel it was worth watching. Kinda gave me the same feeling of watching Himouto! Umaru-chan. -shrugs- recently started watching Owari no Sereph, on episode 2 and already feels more worth the time sink.

I wanted to like it, I promise.
[url]Twitter.com/WickedPill[/url]
[url]Alysarii.com[/url]
[url]Hitbox.tv/VStar[/url]

Gamer - Streamer - Journalist - Bass head - Modded
User avatar
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder
Posts: 1084
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:54 am
Location: Vegas
Contact:

Postby Rivoc » Tue May 10, 2016 6:41 am

"Thats not a SPECIAL workout!!!! Thats just a REGULAR workout!!!!" - had me almost peeing!
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Garon-Time
ninja with training wheels
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:36 pm
Location: Abbotsford BC

Postby Garon-Time » Fri May 13, 2016 4:19 am

When I first watched Seraph of the End I was gobsmacked. Best anime I've seen since Sword Art Online.
Then I found One-Punch man, and was totally not thinking I was going to like it. I basically didn't get off the couch.

For me those two are, obviously different, but even in entertainment level.

Loved OPM, Owari, SOA, 7DS.

Absolutely love all of those shows.

I work out frequently to the Owari No Seraph original opening theme song, and the original opening theme of SOA sends a pleasant chill up my spine.

I know a lot of people love OPM's theme song, but I didn't want to listen to it after the 4th time haha. Loved it though.

" The armour that holds back my power has been broken."
"...ok."

I died.
Hail Enki. Guardian of Mankind.

/who
User avatar
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder
Posts: 1084
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:54 am
Location: Vegas
Contact:

Postby Rivoc » Mon May 23, 2016 4:49 am

Garon-Time wrote:When I first watched Seraph of the End I was gobsmacked. Best anime I've seen since Sword Art Online.
Then I found One-Punch man, and was totally not thinking I was going to like it. I basically didn't get off the couch.

For me those two are, obviously different, but even in entertainment level.

Loved OPM, Owari, SOA, 7DS.

Absolutely love all of those shows.

I work out frequently to the Owari No Seraph original opening theme song, and the original opening theme of SOA sends a pleasant chill up my spine.

I know a lot of people love OPM's theme song, but I didn't want to listen to it after the 4th time haha. Loved it though.

" The armour that holds back my power has been broken."
"...ok."

I died.


What is OPM?

And do you guys think they'll do a sequel??? I think it was popular enough to, and they ended it in a way where they could pick it up..... im just wondering if the concept would last another whole season. I guess it could if its done right, like this season was.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Garon-Time
ninja with training wheels
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:36 pm
Location: Abbotsford BC

Postby Garon-Time » Thu May 26, 2016 6:02 am

OPM is One Punch Man.

Unfortunately, I couldn't even get through a google search on the term One Punch Man without unearthing season 2 spoilers. Kinda pissed that they were blatantly in the site description.

I can tell you they seem amazing though!
Hail Enki. Guardian of Mankind.

/who
User avatar
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder
Posts: 1084
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:54 am
Location: Vegas
Contact:

Postby Rivoc » Thu May 26, 2016 4:06 pm

Garon-Time wrote:OPM is One Punch Man.

Unfortunately, I couldn't even get through a google search on the term One Punch Man without unearthing season 2 spoilers. Kinda pissed that they were blatantly in the site description.

I can tell you they seem amazing though!


If that's the case then I'm really glad I asked. It's good to know another really done anime series is getting a sequel. Still waiting forever on Attack on Titan, and from what I read it sounds bleak for High School of the Dead's "sequel" that seemed it was on its way but now may never come.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Garon-Time
ninja with training wheels
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:36 pm
Location: Abbotsford BC

Postby Garon-Time » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:07 am

I heard Gangsta got cancelled too... ?
Hail Enki. Guardian of Mankind.

/who

Return to “Cartoons, & Anime Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest