50 Dead, 53 Wounded in "Domestic Terrorism" Attack in Orlando

Stay informed with these less controversial but just as important news articles. If topics prove contentious they will be moved the debate area.
Skywalker
I Feel Ya Sista... Not in that way

Postby Skywalker » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:57 pm

Feydakin wrote:
cerrodepedro wrote:
Feydakin wrote:He had apparently traveled there from out of state.

And why would you travel out-of-state except to do something very specific? And what other specific thing would you be doing in addition to attacking LGBTQ+ people?

I don't think the traveling from out of state to participate in something like this is so much the issue as is the fact that he had guns, ammunition and bomb making ingredients... I travel out of state to participate in events all the time as do millions of other people in the US.

The guy who traveled to CA was from Indiana. Having lived in Indiana for many years even graduated high school from a small town school. There is some backward crazy mofo's, that do not need IS or anyone else to tell them to go kill gay folks, they learn that right from their own churches and families. The kicker is that they do not even just target gays, hell blacks is an issue with some people, so is Hispanics, everyone that is not white according to many can go straight to hell and the reason why America is no longer a God fearing Country!

I do not think that they are related, just because of the amount of hate that is taught to young children, those children then grow up to be adults and as adults teach their children. In some cases, it is worse than generational poverty. At least there is a fix for generational poverty, there is not a fix for the amount of hate that is taught to young kids every day.
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:45 pm

So in recorded history there was only one mass attack on LGBT folk before today- the Olympic Park bomber on February 21, 1997- and we are supposed to buy that 2 in one day are just co incidence? All right All right All right
Image Image
est 1953

Skywalker

Postby Skywalker » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:11 am

Corgimom wrote:So in recorded history there was only one mass attack on LGBT folk before today- the Olympic Park bomber on February 21, 1997- and we are supposed to buy that 2 in one day are just co incidence? All right All right All right

The guy is from New Albany, Indiana. That is Southern Indiana and looking at his last name and where he is from, he could be related to me somehow. The family tree has a few branches, that we do not really speak to, family feuds and all.

It very could be a coincidence, they do happen. Knowing how this mofo was raised, I can see how he developed the hate for those who was not like himself. Then again, we really do not know because he has not said anything. I am waiting for his parents to come out of the woodwork on this one, just because I am going to see how in the hell they spin it. Hell, I wonder how mainstream media will spin this one because he is a homegrown dumbass.
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:28 am

I don't know, maybe it's because I'm from a small state and we travel outside our home state all the time, so it's not weird or strange in any way to me that someone would travel to another state for an event...

As an investigator that's not the issue that would raise a red flag for me. The red flag would probably come from the three rifles, boxes of ammo and 5 gallons of tannerite (explosive compound) the guy had in his fucking trunk. Adding to the fact that he admitted he was attending the LGBT event the day after a terrorist shot up a gay club in Florida. I think that's where that red flag would pop up.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:35 am

I know where Albany Indiana is and I know how backward it is. I'm a little insulted that you are writing like you have insight for me. Maybe I have just seen to many things called co incidents that were later discovered to be interwoven.
Image Image
est 1953

Skywalker

Postby Skywalker » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:06 am

Corgimom wrote:I know where Albany Indiana is and I know how backward it is. I'm a little insulted that you are writing like you have insight for me. Maybe I have just seen to many things called co incidents that were later discovered to be interwoven.

I apologize if I made you upset or insulted. That is not my intention. I do not know your life story, nor were you are from. For some odd reason, I always envisioned that you lived in the UK.. not sure why but, whatever. Everyone has their own life story and experiences. I do not wish to take away from that.

If you look at it from my perspective, this single white guy from Indiana may be related to me. That hits close to home, at least for me, really close to home. I tend to get a little wacky sometimes when it comes to stuff like this because I have been on a personal crusade since high school because I did not know such racism or bigotry existed in the country until I moved to the little town my parents told me I would call home. Trying to explain to people what it is like to grow up in an area such as this, where it is white, redneck, and they really do think the South Will Rise Again! [I dare say, the KKK maybe active]. Everyone has a gun or several guns and it is normal to shoot them and blame others for the factories shutting down and them losing their jobs.

I will not post on this topic again, just know that I am sorry for those who lost their lives and those hurt. They will be in my thoughts.
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:49 am

If he had been from SC I would have wondered too.
Image Image
est 1953

ImmaculateStiletto
ninja with training wheels

Postby ImmaculateStiletto » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:39 am

As a member of the LGBTQ community I have said this numerous times. This is a senseless slaughter and on top of that it is something that will look to try and draw a wedge between the Muslim and LGBTQ community. I have cried so many tears these past few day because the one I care about the most could have been in that club if he had gone to Florida like he should have. During my dad's birthday dinner last night (of all places) we had a serious break down of this horrendous act.

1. My dad was the first to say, "I feel he is a closeted gay man and that he was dealing with his own demons."

2. I need to know more about the doors being held so no one could get out. Seems interesting how that keeps getting shut down quickly.

3. The whole Muslim community is not at fault. This type of ignorance infuriates me. Blanketed statements are the highest form of stupidity ever.

4. Gun laws will never change until some one shoots up the NRA organization or one of their children. Because it's okay for them to watch people bury their loved ones. Watch parents have to put their children in caskets.

5. HOW DA HELL DID HE GET THE GUN IN THERE? Can some one explain that to me? It's not like he stuck a 22 in his belt and rolled up in there. If you have never seen this gun, which by now I think we all have. He would have to be part of the trench coat mafia to have gotten that in there.

6. So is this guy really a Muslim extremist? Was he really a religious fanatic? Or is this what the media wants to push forth so that this wedge between the two communities will bloom into something greater.

Lastly the most profound thing I want to say is the world needs to wake up. This country truly needs to wake up. We are FUCKED truly FUCKED in the good ole U S of A. And in the meantime we have two crazies that are being put forth to run this country.

How many more mass shootings do we need ripping through clubs, churches, schools, events. We are safe no where. In 2 Sundays NY Pride one of the biggest prides in the country is to happen. It rest heavy on my heart that I will not be able to attend due to my travels. But it's also sad to say I questioned myself as to whether or not I would want to attend. And the answer I gave back was hell yeah I would want to attend. We all need to step up and fight for each other. That is what they don't want. They can't have us all coming together and supporting one another, As long as people of all different sexuality, gender, race, ethnicity, and background stay separate we can never achieve. It's the oldest strategy in the world, divide and conquer.
Have a Blessed Day
Hugs N Kisses :)
Philly
adept ninja

Postby Philly » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:33 pm

So much about this saddens me. The fact that people were killed is awful regardless of how or why. I'm sad that he was investigated twice & still pulled it off. I'm sad his wife helped him. I'm sad that some victims and survivors were outed due to the events and the really really sad part is the story about the engaged couple that will have a joint funeral. THAT IS NOT HOW THEIR FAMILIES WERE SUPPOSED TO BE BROUGHT TOGETHER. I just hate these stories. I hate everything about them. I hate the notoriety the perpetrators get. We should replace is his pictures with ones of cockroaches and purposely spell his name wrong. Fuck him. Fuck all killers. That is all
Never apologize for being nerdy because non-nerdy people never apologize for being assholes - john barrowman
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:40 pm

Updating the OP with the list of names of the victims and a link to pictures and more information on them...

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/orlando-nightclub-mass-shooting-pulse-victims/

These are the names and ages of the victims:

Stanley Almodovar III, 23

Amanda Alvear, 25

Oscar A. Aracena-Montero, 26

Rodolfo Ayala Ayala, 33

Antonio Davon Brown, 29

Darryl Roman Burt II, 29

Angel L. Candelario-Padro, 28

Juan Chevez-Martinez, 25

Luis Daniel Conde, 39

Cory James Connell, 21

Tevin Eugene Crosby, 25

Deonka Deidra Drayton, 32

Simon Adrian Carrillo Fernandez, 31

Leroy Valentin Fernandez, 25

Mercedez Marisol Flores, 26

Peter O. Gonzalez-Cruz, 22

Juan Ramon Guerrero, 22

Paul Terrell Henry, 41

Frank Hernandez, 27

Miguel Angel Honorato, 30

Javier Jorge-Reyes, 40

Jason Benjamin Josaphat, 19

Eddie Jamoldroy Justice, 30

Anthony Luis Laureano Disla, 25

Christopher Andrew Leinonen, 32

Alejandro Barrios Martinez, 21

Brenda Lee Marquez McCool, 49

Gilberto Ramon Silva Menendez, 25

Kimberly Morris, 37

Akyra Monet Murray, 18

Luis Omar Ocasio-Capo, 20

Geraldo A. Ortiz-Jimenez, 25

Eric Ivan Ortiz-Rivera, 36

Joel Rayon Paniagua, 32

Jean Carlos Mendez Perez, 35

Enrique L. Rios Jr., 25

Jean C. Nieves Rodriguez, 27

Xavier Emmanuel Serrano Rosado, 35

Christopher Joseph Sanfeliz, 24

Yilmary Rodriguez Solivan, 24

Edward Sotomayor Jr., 34

Shane Evan Tomlinson, 33

Martin Benitez Torres, 33

Jonathan Antonio Camuy Vega, 24

Juan P. Rivera Velazquez, 37

Luis S. Vielma, 22

Franky Jimmy Dejesus Velazquez, 50

Luis Daniel Wilson-Leon, 37

Jerald Arthur Wright, 31
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:41 pm

Step off the backs of the dead...
ImageImage
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:00 pm

UPDATE 06/14/16!

Omar Mateen’s Wife Under Scrutiny by F.B.I., Official Says

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/15/us/politics/noor-zahi-salman-omar-mateen.html

WASHINGTON — F.B.I. investigators suspect the wife of the Orlando gunman, Omar Mateen, might have been aware that he was plotting an attack, and the agency is trying to determine her level of involvement, a senior law enforcement official said Tuesday.

The wife, Noor Zahi Salman, told the F.B.I. that she had driven him to the Pulse nightclub at some point before the attack and that she had also been with him when he purchased ammunition, the official said. But she also said she had tried to talk him out of waging an attack, the official said.

Her statements were first reported by NBC News.

“There’s an indication that she was with him in certain parts of the process, and we’re sorting through it,” said the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the investigation is at an early stage. “We don’t know what’s true and what’s not.”

Ms. Salman, who is Mr. Mateen’s second wife — his first marriage ended in divorce — is not in custody, the official said. While a person who withholds knowledge of a crime could face criminal charges, she is not facing imminent arrest, and no decisions have been made on whether she might be prosecuted, the official said.
ImageImage
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Re: 50 Dead, 53 Wounded in

Postby Feydakin » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:14 am

Just an FYI, I moved most if not all posts regarding punditry for gun control on either side of the issue to the following post in C&D, out of an abundance of respect for the victims and their families. If you want to debate anything, take it out of the news article and into it's own thread. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1211
ImageImage
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Re: 50 Dead, 53 Wounded in "Domestic Terrorism" Attack in Orlando

Postby Corgimom » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:22 pm

Good man
Image Image
est 1953

Return to “In The News”