Teen Cancer Patient Detained, Bloodied by TSA, Lawsuit Ensues

Stay informed with these less controversial but just as important news articles. If topics prove contentious they will be moved the debate area.
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Teen Cancer Patient Detained, Bloodied by TSA, Lawsuit Ensues

Postby Feydakin » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:32 pm

A deaf, partially blink and paralyzed teenage cancer patient with a brain tumor was violently beaten by TSA agents at Memphis international airport. The girl's family has filed a lawsuit filed against the Transport Security Administration, asking for $100,000. On June 30, 2015 an 18-year-old Hannah Cohen was traveling home with her mother from from St Jude’s hospital in Memphis. Hannah had just received her final treatment for a brain tumor.

"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Re: Teen Cancer Patient Detained, Bloodied by TSA, Lawsuit Ensues

Postby cerrodepedro » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:15 pm

This went pretty viral. Given that protected groups regularly deal with TSA bullshit (My co-worker from Argentina has short, curly hair, a beard, dark skin, and is pretty tall. EVERY FUCKING time he gets thoroughly searched. Other favorites include gender non conforming folks, and of course our Queen has spoken at length about how much fun she has.), I really hope there are plenty of proverbial buckets of blood spilt. TSA gets away with, as in this case, outright physical battery, sexual assault, theft, and harassment of many kinds. We're (dominant culture in the USA) cowards for letting the war pigs get away with the Patriot Act and the creation of the DHS, then re-electing the asshole whose administration facilitated it all, and supporting a subsequent asshole who continued the police state tradition. This story about how ineffectual the TSA is at preventing folks with the intent and wherewithal and resources to do mass murder on airplanes made me hopeful something might get done, but I haven't heard anything since scrolling through it in a Facebook crawl.
Once was lost and now am lost; was blind but now I smoke
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Re: Teen Cancer Patient Detained, Bloodied by TSA, Lawsuit Ensues

Postby Feydakin » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:48 pm

Even I get pulled aside by TSA all the time, especially post 9/11, and I'm a white guy... I just happen to have long hair and dress in what I guess is a non-conformist way. I used to travel often for work and learned quickly to make extra time for the inevitable TSA molestation. Those fuckers take their job and their position way too seriously, and they have way too much power.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage

Return to “In The News”