RNC 2016 Melania Drumpf plagiarized a Michelle Obama

Stay informed with these less controversial but just as important news articles. If topics prove contentious they will be moved the debate area.
Corgimom
3 hours later...

RNC 2016 Melania Drumpf plagiarized a Michelle Obama

Postby Corgimom » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:15 pm

OMG A new kind of candidate? Independent thinking? I think not.
Image Image
est 1953

Skywalker
I Feel Ya Sista... Not in that way

Re: RNC 2016 Melania Drumpf plagiarized a Michelle Obama

Postby Skywalker » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:53 pm

I saw this live. Why I was watching the RNC, I am not sure.. but it was a .. I am not sure I can describe it.

I had no idea until after the fact checking was done. I just thought that her English skills sucked and she could not give a speech, she was reading that teleprompter and it was not like glancing, like she was reading aloud in class.
merlin
ninja with training wheels

Postby merlin » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:15 pm

I was watching this one live at the office and when she started talking my brain felt what she was saying was very familiar. I give her props for making the speech but Drumpf should have made a better excuse than "It's called sampling. All the kids do it. The blacks know what I'm talking about.". From Twitter
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:53 pm

The things is I actually feel bad for her. I know MANY ESL folk who are oblivious to the concept of copyright and citing sources. I have little doubt she sat down and listened to a number of wives acceptance speeches. I also have a vivid image of St Reagan rolling over in his grave at the fo pa of using a democratic speech.
Image Image
est 1953

Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:32 pm

Well, as unsympathetic for her and the RNC clusterfuck as I am in general (it was a trainwreck), it's not like she's the first person to read a plagiarized speech off a teleprompter... it happens pretty much daily, especially in the realm of politics, on all sides.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage

Return to “In The News”