Clown gangs- real hoax or just clowning around?

Stay informed with these less controversial but just as important news articles. If topics prove contentious they will be moved the debate area.
Beakedbard
ninja with training wheels

Re: Clown gangs- real hoax or just clowning around?

Postby Beakedbard » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:48 pm

So this has crossed the seas now. http://www.westbriton.co.uk/gangs-of-ki ... story.html

I honestly don't know what to make of it at first i burst into laughter thinking this was some form of joke but it seems serious. Majority of it just seems like a few people trying to pull a prank and some people are just taking it far too far. This is going to make for a weird as hell Halloween.
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:01 pm

Corgimom wrote:I will do what I always do- black hooded robe, big walking stick with a skull top, fire in firebowl- candy and fruit with a chance to make smores for the kids, hot cider and rum for adults. I did consider going as a hillbilly and strapping my shotgun on my back but I think that would be over kill.

that setup sounds win. can i trick-or-treat at your place? :giggle:

i was thinking of going as a Clown Exterminator personally...
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:02 pm

Beakedbard wrote:So this has crossed the seas now. http://www.westbriton.co.uk/gangs-of-ki ... story.html

I honestly don't know what to make of it at first i burst into laughter thinking this was some form of joke but it seems serious. Majority of it just seems like a few people trying to pull a prank and some people are just taking it far too far. This is going to make for a weird as hell Halloween.

whoa. that's the first time i think we've seen actual images of this shit.
awful that it's spreading...
Zombie
Wizard Behind The Curtain

Postby Zombie » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:35 pm

Schools are notifying parents that they have lockdown procedures cause they dont know who are behind the masks
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:42 pm

this had some interesting nuggets regarding the history of this killer clown phenomenon..
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:09 am

Harlequinn and Joker are top costumes for young adults and adults this year too, with suicide squad coming out.

What id really enjoy is a bunch of people start patrolling their neighbourhoods as superheroes to watch for these clowns! thatd be quite spectacular!!
Beakedbard
ninja with training wheels

Postby Beakedbard » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:51 am

Rivoc wrote:Harlequinn and Joker are top costumes for young adults and adults this year too, with suicide squad coming out.

What id really enjoy is a bunch of people start patrolling their neighbourhoods as superheroes to watch for these clowns! thatd be quite spectacular!!

Here I was thinking i was out of interesting ideas for halloween costumes you sir are a legend. It need some form of story other than i'm wearing this because fuck it.

Back on topic it seems this has spread to my city now though i have yet to see this just a few news articles that don't even look like they are taken in my city but I'ma keep my eye out.
Philly
adept ninja

Postby Philly » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:51 pm

Where I live (Philly) there were Instagram accounts where someone posed as a clown & threatened to shoot up local schools. The FBI got involved & 3 days later they found out it was a 13 yo girl making the threats. Seeing similar stories all over.
Never apologize for being nerdy because non-nerdy people never apologize for being assholes - john barrowman
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:07 pm

a young girl shut down an upscale middle school over here because she brought some knives to school. at the last bell, she dawned a clown mask and started terrorizing students
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:57 pm

this is complete insanity! WHEN WILL IT STOP /advtf /advtf /advtf /advtf /advtf /advtf

it sadly reflects the overall mood here - at least in the US - since we seem to have dangerous clowns trying to run the country....
/62
:worry:
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:36 am

Beakedbard wrote:
Rivoc wrote:Harlequinn and Joker are top costumes for young adults and adults this year too, with suicide squad coming out.

Here I was thinking i was out of interesting ideas for halloween costumes you sir are a legend. It need some form of story other than i'm wearing this because fuck it.

Back on topic it seems this has spread to my city now though i have yet to see this just a few news articles that don't even look like they are taken in my city but I'ma keep my eye out.

I dont know about that, but i'll take it! when clowns are running the streets and a biullionaire is running for president, WE NEED BATMAN!!!

Philly wrote:Where I live (Philly) there were Instagram accounts where someone posed as a clown & threatened to shoot up local schools. The FBI got involved & 3 days later they found out it was a 13 yo girl making the threats. Seeing similar stories all over.

Same happened at my school with an IG account, but no FBI involved. the threats happened to 10 diff schools, and each day nothing happened. there was however, 2 18 year old girls caught and arrested chasing a 14 y o with clown masks on. i think its mostly teens trying to scare other teens. Unfortunately, its spreading like wildfire. For the most part, i think its just teens trolling teens.
Philly
adept ninja

Postby Philly » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:49 pm

Rivoc wrote:
Beakedbard wrote:

I dont know about that, but i'll take it! when clowns are running the streets and a biullionaire is running for president, WE NEED BATMAN!!!

Philly wrote:Where I live (Philly) there were Instagram accounts where someone posed as a clown & threatened to shoot up local schools. The FBI got involved & 3 days later they found out it was a 13 yo girl making the threats. Seeing similar stories all over.

Same happened at my school with an IG account, but no FBI involved. the threats happened to 10 diff schools, and each day nothing happened. there was however, 2 18 year old girls caught and arrested chasing a 14 y o with clown masks on. i think its mostly teens trying to scare other teens. Unfortunately, its spreading like wildfire. For the most part, i think its just teens trolling teens.

I posted an article on face place about a guyin the UK who was dressing up as batman & scaring off clowns. I gotta figure out how to post the link here. Dudes a hero to small kids that are afraid of clowns
Never apologize for being nerdy because non-nerdy people never apologize for being assholes - john barrowman
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:37 am

Philly wrote:
Rivoc wrote:
Beakedbard wrote:Here I was thinking i was out of interesting ideas for halloween costumes you sir are a legend. It need some form of story other than i'm wearing this because fuck it.

I posted an article on face place about a guyin the UK who was dressing up as batman & scaring off clowns. I gotta figure out how to post the link here. Dudes a hero to small kids that are afraid of clowns

thats brilliant! more stories like this would definitely help my faith in the human population as a whole. right now, they make me sick as a whole, I cant wait for this election drama to be over already. Its really bringing out the worst in people, friends and strangers alike,
Philly
adept ninja

Postby Philly » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:16 am

Feydakin wrote:Protip: Don't dress as a clown for Halloween... or really ever. I'm going as Negan so I can have an excuse to carry a bat with me.

Maybe negans not the safest either....
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:53 am

Philly wrote:
Feydakin wrote:Protip: Don't dress as a clown for Halloween... or really ever. I'm going as Negan so I can have an excuse to carry a bat with me.

Maybe negans not the safest either....

lol point taken... ;)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:37 am

i've taken to watching the latest fad on youtube - Clown HUNTING videos....heheheheh

they make me feel better knowing there are folks riding around out there looking for these mofo's and kicking their asses :giggle:
Philly
adept ninja

Postby Philly » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:08 pm

I joked saying I was gonna be a clown exterminator. I'll look like a regular mom, only ready to take out any clowns intent on scaring my kids
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:42 pm

i just wanna know...

WHAT ABOUT MIMES?!?!? i want to see mimes running around trying to put people in invisible boxes. that's more frightening to me than anything... :giggle:
Philly
adept ninja

Postby Philly » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:10 pm

I had a friend be a mime one year. We were in 3rd grade

Return to “In The News”