Sinclair Broadcasting Group buying up local stations

Stay informed with these less controversial but just as important news articles. If topics prove contentious they will be moved the debate area.
Skywalker
I Feel Ya Sista... Not in that way

Sinclair Broadcasting Group buying up local stations

Postby Skywalker » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:19 am

The Guardian wrote:

John Oliver took a look at the Sinclair group on Sunday night, examining the conservative-leaning station’s ownership of many local news networks.

“Our main story tonight concerns the potential problems in corporate consolidation of local news,” Oliver began. “National cable news gets a lot of attention with their big budgets and their fancy graphics packages. Meanwhile, local news often has to do a lot more with a lot less.”

He went on to show clips of broadcaster Mark Hyman railing against “political correctness and multiculturalism”.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radi ... g-news-fox

I just found this very interesting. I knew my own local news is owned by a small company that owns small stations in the middle of nowhere. That was until June 30th when the sale of the small company was bought up by Sinclair Broadcasting. The one thing that I know is that my own local station tries not to add politics to its news cast. Just because of how polarizing it can make a community. They do tend to post things by CNN and the AP, which they get shit for. Hell, it can be weeks before anything really happens around here.

Here is the wiki article on the company that owned my own local news station -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonten_Media_Group

There is not a lot of news stories on it because they did not own billion of dollars of local news stations.

To me, it looks like Sinclare is buying up as many small town news stations as possible.

Here is to hoping the news station I grew up watching will stay the same in terms of reporting.

Return to “In The News”