The surprising habits of original thinkers | Adam Grant

Comment on our favorite Ted Talk Videos or share your own.
Corgimom
3 hours later...

The surprising habits of original thinkers | Adam Grant

Postby Corgimom » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:07 pm

Image Image
est 1953

Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Re: The surprising habits of original thinkers | Adam Grant

Postby Rivoc » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:26 am

I like to think im original, at least in the small amount of things i have room for creativity. im usually complimented for being quick witted, and all of my english/short story teachers have told me Im very interesting. I usually hear once or twice a month "id love to live in your mind for just one day" but usually thats after one of my weirdo jokes/comments. If my best friend hears someone say that to me, he always replies with "you wouldnt last an hour" lol. But really compared to other ninjas, i dont think im particularly creative or mega outstanding. I procrastinate like a mofo and i set what this guy is saying. it does make me feel better about my havits and my reflections on choices whether in or out of my classroom.

Ive never watched a ted talk before because this stuff usually doesnt interest me, neither do most documentaries. just not my thing, they usually put me to sleep. i like that this was short and concise. it made me feel better about my normal habits too. Thanks for the share!
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:08 pm

Rivoc wrote:Ive never watched a ted talk before because this stuff usually doesnt interest me, neither do most documentaries. just not my thing, they usually put me to sleep. i like that this was short and concise. it made me feel better about my normal habits too. Thanks for the share!

i used to think like that too, bro... but i was asleep. but you are ninja, and dont have to accept mediocrity and that complacent mindset.
knowledge is the key to infinite locked doors, application thereof, is nothing more than stepping thru. ive never experienced a tedx talk myself, before this year.. now im addicted. just about all of them, opens my mind to a new ideal and i need that to continue to push forward.

*lowkey, im about to go and take a young /smoking break and watch a couple right now.. /bigsmile
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:45 pm

that was a good one. further confirmation to slow down, personally and find that balance. lets things percolate while remaining consistent. balance.

Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:10 am

they nailed me on the procrastinating. but when im in that high curve bubble sweet spot and the creations are flowing, i have to start writing/recording the flow. SO MANY TIMES i just try and remember and fail. I feel if I give more of these a chance, they'll def help me develop professionally and in general. just to remind me "Hey, youre better than this. dont let yourself go to waste and get sucked in the flow. LIVE LEARN AND GROW asshole, cause youre wasting it" I need that wakeup more than a lil now and then. its a good reminder that i have my talents and i need to use them or im just wasting it. SO EASY to stay unfocused on the couch getting sucked into whatever gam,e, series, or anime or sport im into. those are ok distractions but i gotta come back to life a little more often.

Ill try more of these. you really nailed it, balance. ive never been good at it. my laziness and ability to stay complacent and settle is OFF THE CHARTS. ive been working on the follow through and thats how i got where i am. im slippin tho. i know it. gotta find and recenter that balance. thanks for the reminder.
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:37 pm

yea apathy is that quiet killer. swallows up those who fall asleep (in a more figurative sense), and over takes us quickly. i think that to care outside of ourselves, really does provide purpose and a sense of being whole. but it is a process or exercise really... one has to be conscious, active and aware for it to truly be effective

Return to “Ted Talks- be inspired!”