TED TALK CATERGORY?! I gave one once

Comment on our favorite Ted Talk Videos or share your own.
AMIT
the unproven

TED TALK CATERGORY?! I gave one once

Postby AMIT » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:18 pm

Gave this Tedx talk last year. All about the future of design
"The only people who ever called me a rebel were people who wanted me to do what they wanted." -Nick Nolte
Zombie
Wizard Behind The Curtain

Postby Zombie » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:21 pm

Thats awesome..

//coming back to this
Pawly
Grandmaster Sensei of the Dark Corners

Postby Pawly » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:31 pm

A TEDCeleb in our midst! Good talk. Can you tell us how it came about? Were you approached?
ImageImage
It's MY world. You just a squirrel tryna get a nut!
ImageImage
ImageImage
CLICK ME!!
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:41 pm

very cool
Image Image
est 1953

AMIT
the unproven

Postby AMIT » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:43 am

Pawly wrote:A TEDCeleb in our midst! Good talk. Can you tell us how it came about? Were you approached?

I had no idea people thought my opinion mattered that much. I spent most of 2014 and 2015 starting a digital fabrication shop at the school I go to. (literally got kicked out of school over it). The H.R. guy I worked with at the time was on the selection committee said he would find a speaker. Crazy part was I only had a week to prepare because nobody told me I was giving a tedx talk until I got an email with my name on the speaker list.

Worth mentioning, most women at college bars have no clue what a ted talk is. Not a good pickup line.
"The only people who ever called me a rebel were people who wanted me to do what they wanted." -Nick Nolte
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:49 am

Well, i think you did pretty good. fluently spoken, sounded like you didnt need the water anyway.. :lol: but overall, you made the important point, that your voice needs to be heard, all the while your voice was being heard.. o_O. having the platform. a voice. but i dig the quote, creativity is a huge part of my life. :D

glad you decided to ninja up, Amit
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:50 am

I hope they at least cleared up the business of kicking you out of school.
Image Image
est 1953

Pawly
Grandmaster Sensei of the Dark Corners

Postby Pawly » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:02 am

lol Ambushed with a TEDTalk, that's frightening! Well you come off like a pro, very well spoken in front of an audience. And obviously you are hitting on the wrong women if they aren't impressed by it. lol
ImageImage
It's MY world. You just a squirrel tryna get a nut!
ImageImage
ImageImage
CLICK ME!!
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:17 pm

^^ :lol:

gotta look for them inner ninjas haha
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

AMIT
the unproven

Postby AMIT » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:44 pm

Pawly wrote:lol Ambushed with a TEDTalk, that's frightening! Well you come off like a pro, very well spoken in front of an audience. And obviously you are hitting on the wrong women if they aren't impressed by it. lol

ahahahaha, yeah I guess I need to change it up. I will say the women who are impressed by it very quickly get turned off by a bragger. At this point I just keep it to myself and let it come up naturally.
AMIT
the unproven

Postby AMIT » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:45 pm

ink wrote:glad you decided to ninja up, Amit

Me too!
AMIT
the unproven

Postby AMIT » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:50 pm

Corgimom wrote:I hope they at least cleared up the business of kicking you out of school.

They did, but let me just say you are treated like a convict by everybody involved in that process. They all look down on you-on multiple occasions I was flat out told I wasn't cut out to be an engineer....I brushed it off but I felt really bad for kids who just accepted defeat.
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:11 pm

Degrees only allow engineers to sit thier exams- the new solution based mind set can not be taught.
Image Image
est 1953

Return to “Ted Talks- be inspired!”