Jacek Utko: Can design save the newspaper?

Comment on our favorite Ted Talk Videos or share your own.
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Jacek Utko: Can design save the newspaper?

Postby ink » Wed May 11, 2016 3:58 am

this seed was brought to me by a lil birdy, like a dove sent from God... a vessel of affirmations of purpose, for it is the listeners who speak the loudest to me. "inspiration, vision and determination" :)
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Wed May 11, 2016 5:05 am

It was very difficult for me to understand that accent. moreso, I understand the concept and im fascinated that ive never even HEARD anyone mention anything of the sort, even in passing.

What he is talking about reminds me of the Ninja Mag! I loved our layout, information that was targeting a younger generation and had enough content to be relative enough for newcomers.

I think they are really on to something here. I hope it turns the US newspapers on their frickin heads, cause all i ever see are biased bullshit articles with loaded words designed to sell based on fabricated statics that will tell any persons lies when they spin them right, hell, right into an advertisement even.

the newspaper needs to be revolutionized if it stands a chance at having a future. the new york times was 6 FUCKING DOLLARS in the last grocery store I worked at, on a Sunday. SIX DOLLARS!!!!! arent they supposed to sell for cents???? who in their right mind, with the internet is buying these lie filled irl clickbait products unless they are featured in it? oh yeah, old people too afraid to embrace change. Sounds right.
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Wed May 11, 2016 8:52 am

lol but also, look at how he was hinting at the ways we can apply design to approach. everyone can benefit by understanding how to incorporate inspiration, vision and determination into design by means of our appoach
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Sat May 14, 2016 3:04 am

Its funny you say that. I watched it twice, AND DID NOT PICK UP ON THAT! some of it is really hard for me to follow with his thick accent. I dont know how i didnt catch that. watched it TWICE.

Return to “Ted Talks- be inspired!”