ImageImage
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:58 pm

(sun) its so good to have this back!
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:04 am

I think I love him a little. I know I do.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:41 am

:lol: cmon... this cant be your first thane

*edit or wait a housecarl

the gamers get me.. :D
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:44 am

lololllz

why is that so funny to me..

Nepherteri
grasshopper

Postby Nepherteri » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:43 pm

Ya know....I wanna tell a story....Phara may I?

So, I remember my first introduction to Ninja...we are huddled against the cement wall...you just came back from Waco...and we had spoke prior but very random...but those first moments back from Waco you were a bit of a pariah to the rest...mostly because we were on lockdown for days after your departure, and most barely knew you...I decided that my Libra intuitions were NOT wrong and I NEEDED to get to know you...

So....back to the Wall we were holding up...you tell me about Ninja and what it meant to you how the whole thing unfolded and then exploded...and then the Take-down...I get the most humble, raw truth version and it was incredible...we rack up for count and come back to this same study room wall at some wee hour of the morning...It was then that I KNEW that Ninja and you were forever a part of my life in some kind of way...

I was in awe of how you wove Ninja into projects while there and carefully plotted and re-imagined the next coming of Ninja. Bouncing ideas off those of us who could conceive of the concept, recording details in the ScrapJournal(s). <insert cover photo here> Never once wavering from your dedication to your people. (Even though THEY couldn't SEE it...I SAW it) However, what I see now, is that they KNEW it, rather FELT it...The loyalty is incredible!!!

Ya know on the inside there are only few honors among the "thieves"(used loosely, if you will). As a collective, we respect "Not Snitching" above all else, but the other lesser honors (but not really lesser) are Loyalty, Honesty, and all around "Keeping It 100". In a place where there is no such thing as friendship, there will emerge some bonds that are unlike anything ever known. What I will say, is that The Queen keep it all the way 100 with yall, with us...She protected the Kingdom of Ninja and vowed to return to her rightful throne...

For me to join in at the dark hour of metamorphosis, is a gift that I will savor...there are no words to describe the gentle manipulation of an idea, be it over terrible Kitchen food or our yummy self-made cheesecakes or contraband apple crisps, in class or in the study room with a pair of scissors and a glue stick...sitting around a table with a mess of yarn or in Hobby Craft spreading the love of art in whatever form...In the end the manipulation of each project propelled the greater manipulation of the bigger idea. Its only after the fact, you see how its all the shattered pieces carefully placed together in this incredible mosaic called Ninja Evolution.

For me, I could only see the part of us that were on one side of the Walls, and Candee who was able to come for visits. I am blessed now to see all the others who shared in this. There are no words to fully express the Loyalty of the Tribe. I am sure there are some that are lost and some that fell off, but one thing I learned from the Queen is that the outliers will either get on board or get left, it's their choice. Preserve the Kingdom at all costs and the rest will fall in line.

So, All Hail the Queen! All Hail Ninja! I'm so proud to see the resurrection of Ninja, I am proud of the hard work put in and I am proud of the never give up spirit.

There is no Revolution without Evolution.

Love Yall!!
" Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you're riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake up and live."~Bob Marley

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:08 am

word that's beautiful. so was The Wall like the safe zone, or like safe spot where yall could kick without being lorded over?

Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:15 am

woo woo woo woo
Image Image
est 1953

Nepherteri
grasshopper

Postby Nepherteri » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:27 am

ink wrote: so was The Wall like the safe zone, or like safe spot where yall could kick without being lorded over?

Well, it was in this study room that was being "remodeled" (Ha! Ha! That's really funny! More on that later...) but anyway, there were no tables or chairs in it at that time...so, being it later in the day and women coming in from outside, it was a quiet place where we could sit and talk and not be disturbed AS much by the some 250 other ladies in the Unit we lived in.

But at that time she was avoided, because of the situation that had just occurred, and we wouldn't have been bothered much even in the common area...talked about (but that became the norm after awhile...always talked about)...She had just come back from a whole month of solitary confinement and was trying to figure out how she was going to do the rest of her time...We talked about school and she thought her chances were shot but I'm like "Dude, talk to Cameron and see what can be done anyway" (She got in and we were taking the same program)...

But that day it was just a place we could stow away and have a bit of an emotional encounter without all the drama that is Bryan.
" Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you're riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake up and live."~Bob Marley

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:37 am

cool.. i figured, i can relate to the selected safety spot, there always seems to one. we kind of got word that they were trying to break her, u know, how everyone sizes you up and immediately tested. thats messed up the whole alienated part.. its like the system is designed to break you and leave you empty, im just glad that she had a kindred soul to connect with. i look back at some of those difficult times ive gone through and i know deep in my gut, that i survived because it was someone else to connect with and share burdens.. word, im glad that you are here now. both of yall :)

*forgive my grammar, i cant seem to string together sentences

Nepherteri
grasshopper

Postby Nepherteri » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:17 am

ink wrote:cool.. i figured, i can relate to the selected safety spot, there always seems to one. we kind of got word that they were trying to break her, u know, how everyone sizes you up and immediately tested. thats messed up the whole alienated part.. its like the system is designed break you and leave you empty, im just glad that she had a kindred soul to connect with. i look back at some of those difficult times ive gone through and i know deep in my gut, that i survived because it was someone else to connect with and share burdens.. word, im glad that you are here now. both of yall :)

Its totally designed to break you...It's up to you which parts of you that you allow to be broken...Some of it is necessary...most of it is not...What I learned there is that MOST of us were BEAUTIFUL, STRONG, WOMEN...Most of us could have bee effectively punished another way....However, we were all brought to Bryan for a specific reason and I never question that, it's just fact...the reason is MUCH grander than the BOP, truly Universe level, but I digress...

I learned that what is NEVER can be broken is the spirit, it can be guided but once the spirit is broken there is no coming back...We saw that there too...We were most definitely blessed to have been afforded camaraderie....

There was a tipping point the other way....for Christmas we were tasked with the Christmas play and she was in charge of writing this play and I was in charge of the set that was the whole entire unit...that year we were stopped at every turn...we couldn't build our tree...we couldn't paint the windows...we had more restrictions that materialized out of no where...mostly because of who we were...then we get ready for a rehearsal the night before where we practiced it in front of the unit and the powers that be...and we nearly got charged with inciting a riot!!!

They sat us down and made us rewrite everything at the last minute...

She wrote a spoken word poem that was amazing <Phara insert poem here- I know you have it somewhere> and most didn't get it...some did...but it pissed off the establishment...we poked some fun at the staff, mentioned Hurricane Sandy (which was close to her heart) but it was mostly meant to inspire us to not lose hope in all that we've been through...

The lesson in all of that was that NEVER NEVER NEVER give up....I wanted to scrap it all (many times) but she is the one that said no we won't go out like that...we put too much blood sweat and tears into that to scrap it...we all have been up for over 48 hours we aren't going to quit now...we got together and made it happen...

So, that microcosm of a lesson translated into a much bigger deal...If she wouldn't give up on a Christmas play she wouldn't give up on Ninja...If she wouldn't allow me to give up she wasn't going to throw in the towel either...

After that incident the perception of "Hana" changed for alot of the ladies...a whole core of them got to work with her and the others saw a different side...and know who she was as a human being instead of this "big case Ninjavideo something or other"...Most of the women there didn't know of or care about Ninjavideo...that worked for her and against her at the same time...for her in that she didn't really have celebrity status in there she was just one of us (that too was double edged) and against her in that they didn't understand why she was there in the first place...Hell some of the staff didn't understand WHY she was actually there...Also remember that we, on the inside, couldn't log on and research what happened or even what Ninja was about, so there were some thought she was lying about her Queendom...The rest of us just didn't realize the scope of it...

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:32 am

Glad that did not happen. Typically 4-6 months in Sol plus an extra year and usually for no violence at all.

Nepherteri wrote: They sat us down and made us rewrite everything at the last minute...
Image Image
est 1953

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:53 am

Nepherteri wrote:Its totally designed to break you...It's up to you which parts of you that you allow to be broken...Some of it is necessary...most of it is not...What I learned there is that MOST of us were BEAUTIFUL, STRONG, WOMEN...Most of us could have bee effectively punished another way....However, we were all brought to Bryan for a specific reason and I never question that, it's just fact...the reason is MUCH grander than the BOP, truly Universe level, but I digress...

I learned that what is NEVER can be broken is the spirit, it can be guided but once the spirit is broken there is no coming back...We saw that there too...We were most definitely blessed to have been afforded camaraderie....

yes!

Nepherteri wrote:There was a tipping point the other way....for Christmas we were tasked with the Christmas play and she was in charge of writing this play and I was in charge of the set that was the whole entire unit...that year we were stopped at every turn...we couldn't build our tree...we couldn't paint the windows...we had more restrictions that materialized out of no where...mostly because of who we were...then we get ready for a rehearsal the night before where we practiced it in front of the unit and the powers that be...and we nearly got charged with inciting a riot!!!

They sat us down and made us rewrite everything at the last minute...

..set up to fail, it seems like. my first question was why, but im beginning to see

Nepherteri wrote:She wrote a spoken word poem that was amazing <Phara insert poem here- I know you have it somewhere> and most didn't get it...some did...but it pissed off the establishment...we poked some fun at the staff, mentioned Hurricane Sandy (which was close to her heart) but it was mostly meant to inspire us to not lose hope in all that we've been through...

:lol: in true rebellious fashion, thats awesome

Nepherteri wrote:The lesson in all of that was that NEVER NEVER NEVER give up....I wanted to scrap it all (many times) but she is the one that said no we won't go out like that...we put too much blood sweat and tears into that to scrap it...we all have been up for over 48 hours we aren't going to quit now...we got together and made it happen...

So, that microcosm of a lesson translated into a much bigger deal...If she wouldn't give up on a Christmas play she wouldn't give up on Ninja...If she wouldn't allow me to give up she wasn't going to throw in the towel either...

this! yes! triumph!

Nepherteri wrote:After that incident the perception of "Hana" changed for alot of the ladies...a whole core of them got to work with her and the others saw a different side...and know who she was as a human being instead of this "big case Ninjavideo something or other"...Most of the women there didn't know of or care about Ninjavideo...that worked for her and against her at the same time...for her in that she didn't really have celebrity status in there she was just one of us (that too was double edged) and against her in that they didn't understand why she was there in the first place...Hell some of the staff didn't understand WHY she was actually there...Also remember that we, on the inside, couldn't log on and research what happened or even what Ninja was about, so there were some thought she was lying about her Queendom...The rest of us just didn't realize the scope of it...

see, thats real. this is mad insight.. people need to know this. its like your flipping the lens on all of our goggles, our perspective is open because of it. ppl need that understanding... im glad that you shared this experience. thanks for indulging me

Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:17 pm

//pending

ink... i fucking love you.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:19 am

this entire story has been incredible to read...so thank you again Nepherteri for sharing this perspective that we would've never known otherwise

Nepherteri wrote:In a place where there is no such thing as friendship, there will emerge some bonds that are unlike anything ever known. What I will say, is that The Queen keep it all the way 100 with yall, with us...She protected the Kingdom of Ninja and vowed to return to her rightful throne...

^ this hit me to my core.

i feel like i've been hibernating until a little over a week ago...
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:27 pm

I was in awe of how you wove Ninja into projects while there and carefully plotted and re-imagined the next coming of Ninja. Bouncing ideas off those of us who could conceive of the concept, recording details in the ScrapJournal(s). <insert cover photo here> Never once wavering from your dedication to your people. (Even though THEY couldn't SEE it...I SAW it) However, what I see now, is that they KNEW it, rather FELT it...The loyalty is incredible!!!

I mean... She said insert covers...

ofc. for you. Note Ninja.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:17 pm

"No man has a right to monopolize more than he can enjoy" <------ omfg perfection

amazing covers. i feel this. so hard.
Nepherteri
grasshopper

Postby Nepherteri » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:00 pm

So it was She and a couple of close friends and we would dig through trash snap up every raggedy magazine we could find and use it to create what was inside our imaginations...trapped there screaming to get out....we were so used to click posting photos and Photoshop that we HAD to hack our own similarity no matter how Kindergarten it was at the time...

It launched a Trend...soon we were scheming on how to get more magazines...other ladies began to do their own versons...then we were like Hey!!! Let's make it a class!!! So, she did!!!

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:59 pm

it's a gift to hear you were able to find a way to channel your creative efforts while everything else around you was built in place to stifle exactly that. it's no wonder it became contagious!
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:30 pm

that scrap book... thats one of the sole reasons im addicted to manifesting fine art. the intrinsic value. no disrespect to all digital masters, i am a great fan, please believe, and in this medium(digital), artists become super-enhanced.. shout out to zombie, he's untouchable.. but the point being simply, when the lights go out, it still remains. a moment or moments immortallized

Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:05 pm

ink wrote:but the point being simply, when the lights go out, it still remains. a moment or moments immortallized

perfection.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Nepherteri
grasshopper

Postby Nepherteri » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:29 am

Frozen in Time

/Pic in a few...

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:34 am

Nepherteri wrote:Frozen in Time

/Pic in a few...

bump, i want to see your pic
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Nepherteri
grasshopper

Postby Nepherteri » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:16 am

^^^OP updated

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Phara's Phorum”