Skeli's Workshop

Artist? Photographer? Editor? Find a home here. Post your work, offer advice, give your opinion, and just discuss in general.
SkeliFish
Pixel Magician

Skeli's Workshop

Postby SkeliFish » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:50 am

Most of the art that I make is digital, made with photoshop, and is some sort of photomanipulation. I started fooling with photoshop while in Germany for 11th grade (2006) and have made a lot of pieces since then. I don't make as much art as I would like and am trying to change that, but here are some of my more recent pieces/projects.

Image Image Image Image Image
Follow me on the social medias.

Father's Day 2017
I just realized that I do a lot more art for my dad than my mom, but that it's probably because I'm trying to impress him since he's such a prolific artist in his own right. Anyway, I made my dad stickers for father's day this year. I originally only made the 'I < 3 Dad' version with the Moto Guzzi engine as the heart. Pretty cliche I know, but he liked it so much he practically insisted I get them printed. He also suggested/requested that I make a version with 'Guzzi' not 'Dad' because more people would be interested in buying that version. I had them printed in a local shop that an old classmate of mine just started up. It was pretty cool to run into him again and be one of his first customers. I'm really happy with how they came out and I'm likely going to get more printed.
Spoiler: show

Welding Rodeo 2017
Capsized by Plasma Powerhouse
20 May 2017 - BTC Welding Rodeo Champions
For what may be the last time, father/son team Plasma Powerhouse have taken the crown again. The theme this year was "The Salish Sea" and in their usual abstract style, the team created 'CAPSIZED,' a unique interpretation of a sinking ship being ravaged by the stormy sea, its hull being ripped apart as it sinks below the surface on its way to a watery grave. Along with first place, the sculpture was awarded President's Choice and sold for $4900 at auction.

That's my edited version of my dad's annual press release following the welding rodeo. As always we had a great time building the piece and were esctatic to win what may be the final competition. Also, I'm in the middle.

Mother's Day 2017
Nothing too fancy, just a nice card for my mom.

Akira
My gift for my dad's 58th birthday. I found a tumblr with a bunch of production images from Akira and used them to make a poster that I'm really proud of actually. I had a few prints done of it and because the guy messed one up I ended up with an extra for free. The smaller print is the original size of the working file at 11x17 and the blown up version is 24x36ish.

Astronaut 01
This is the first in a series of three images portraying astronauts doing mundane things on our planet. I got the idea in a dream and have the images and plans for the next two pieces but I haven't gotten around to putting them together.

Father's Day 2016
My parents have gotten really into motorcycles in the last 10 or so years and in particular into the brand Moto Guzzi. My dad's favorite bike is the Griso and so as a tribute I took an image he sent me of his new bike and did a bit of my magic. The mountain is Mt Rainier, one of the beautiful active volcanoes we have here in Washington state.

Mother's Day 2016
The dog is my parent's puppy, Jellybean Bonanza, she's a Australian cattle dog/Border collie mix. She's named after a character in Even Cowgirls Get the Blues by Tom Robbins.

Welding Rodeo 2014-2016
Every year in May Bellingham Technical College holds what they call the Welding Rodeo. It's an 8 hour long sculpture competition where teams of 4 build a sculpture out of scrap metal. My dad and long time friend have had a team for 15 years (I think...might be a few years less) and I have been part of the team since 2009. In my years we've placed 1st 4 times, 2nd once, 3rd once, and not placed twice. Unfortunately, one of those times we didn't place was this year after taking first the last three years in a row.

Adrift
Last year I came across a twitter post by deviantArt that was for a collection of photomanips that all started as the same image. This is something that I used to do as a contest on Alluc and then Ninja 1.0 and is one of my favorite contest types. As you might have guessed, I was inspired to make my own submission (though I was too late to add it to the group and be featured). There are more details and links to the images I used on the deviantArt page [link].

Kung Fu Skateboard
In middle school I was really into skateboarding. Recently I have rediscovered my love for the sport. I don't get out enough, but watching vids on youtube and the different live streams of competitions is more than enough inspiration. Sometimes odd ideas turn out brilliantly, I think this is one of them.

Streaming overlays
I dabbled in livestreaming for about a year and while I really liked it, I could never keep my schedule and ended up stopping due to time constraints and then lack of decent internet. I'm trying to get back into it, but I can't until I move (which is gonna be soon hopefully).
Starting image (there is a version with the on air light off...that would be what I had first and then when I started talking I would "turn the light on"
Break/technical difficulties overlay
End stream overlay
Schedule that I never kept to XD

Ninja 2.0
Since my rediscovery of this place/Bubbles finding my phone # on the net and texting me to let me know this place existed again, I have made some art for contests and projects on the boards. I am kinda obsessed with space and 80's style things...you might have noticed XD.
Ninja Evo Worm [round 1]
Bi-weekly sig/ava contest
Sig of the Week
Art of the Month
ghostdogg
Rewind. Spit. Scratch. See Heaven.

Re: Skeli's Workshop

Postby ghostdogg » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:50 am

Hi (again) skelifish!

Really dig the retro vibe in your style. Love the craft man.
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:50 pm

very cool man, glad you set up shop back here at 3vo.

*the metal work is sick! //digs
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:24 am

i've always been a really big fan of your work from wayyyy back, man. your overall style is just so wonderfully developed & your sensibilities tend to typically surprise me - which is a very good thing. seems like your stuff has just gotten even sharper, and it makes me so happy to see that you're continuing to experiment. you're one of those truly natural talents. so thrilled you came back to share what you've been up to. i'll say some more about some specific pieces after i've had time to let them settle in with me a bit more.

but dude, allllllll the (sun)
<3
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN

Postby girlapaloo » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:32 pm

NaranjaRa wrote:i've always been a really big fan of your work from wayyyy back, man. your overall style is just so wonderfully developed & your sensibilities tend to typically surprise me - which is a very good thing. seems like your stuff has just gotten even sharper, and it makes me so happy to see that you're continuing to experiment. you're one of those truly natural talents. so thrilled you came back to share what you've been up to. i'll say some more about some specific pieces after i've had time to let them settle in with me a bit more.

but dude, allllllll the (sun)
<3

What she said! I definitely liked your art on the old forums. Those photo manip comps were always fun to vote in :)
Really glad to see you back!
Image Image
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:29 pm

I am SOOOO glad you are back and thanks for the art show.
Image Image
est 1953

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:50 pm

word! to everything in here

SkeliFish
Pixel Magician

Postby SkeliFish » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:08 am

Thanks for all the love everyone :)

Working on a few things right now, will show them soon hopefully.
ravenrussell
Keeper of Dark Mysteries..

Postby ravenrussell » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:38 am

SkeliFish wrote:Adrift

I love this one. Been scoping out the whole art section tonight, and I am glad that I have. This piece speaks volumes to me. The other-worldly colors pull me around and give me a smack in the face, with the hidden metaphors of this piece. Please post any new stuff you are working on. I will gladly take a peek. Peace.
Peace to all.
-Raven
SkeliFish
Pixel Magician

Postby SkeliFish » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:48 am

Bump

Been making it a thing to do art more often of late and I realized I had been sharing it everywhere but here, not to mention not being here in a while. Anyway, I added the work I've done since I last was here and I'm in the middle of two projects so there should be more soon. I've been making these "process" videos out of layer screenshots once I'm done and I really like those but I'm thinking of starting livestreaming again so I can take a vod and speed it up to show the whole process instead of just a glimpse. Also, if you're interested in seeing my work "hot off the presses"/what I'm up to, I've added links to my social media and welcome the follows.
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:20 am

yes, those process vids.. or livestreaming or both!

thanks for the links. sharp!

SkeliFish wrote:Image Image Image Image Image
Follow me on the social medias.

/tup

NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:50 am

nice to see u Skeli...thank you for the update and definitely thank you for xtra linkage /nod

i follow on twitter from The Gift Hatch in case you wonder who that might be ...hehe

Return to “Art and Editing”