PhotoClub SPINOFF - Share & Discuss Your Pics

Artist? Photographer? Editor? Find a home here. Post your work, offer advice, give your opinion, and just discuss in general.
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

PhotoClub SPINOFF - Share & Discuss Your Pics

Postby NaranjaRa » Fri May 20, 2016 1:28 am

Have more than 3 photos from the latest PhotoClub theme that you'd like to share?

Want to post your newest image(s) and get some direct feedback?

Have a question, want to give some suggestions or tips, or just discuss photography in general?

THIS IS THE PLACE!!!!

//proceed :)
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Tue May 31, 2016 5:43 pm

Don't neglect the spinoff! I know how talented you guys are.... And your power levels are OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAND!

Post your extra pics here!

//bump!
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Tue May 31, 2016 5:55 pm

i'm not going to be able to get out for pics until this weekend....right as the deadline hits! ;)

and thank you, Rivoc...this needed the reminder! :) <3
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:20 am

Hell yes it did!!!
Skywalker
I Feel Ya Sista... Not in that way

Postby Skywalker » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:59 pm

Does it have to be something that we have just taken a photo of something, or can it be older that we took a few years ago??

My nephew trashed my Nikon One, so I am currently saving for a new DSLR (that savings is currently sitting at zero >.<).
Itsa notame
grasshopper

Re: Bi-Weekly Photo Club SPINOFF

Postby Itsa notame » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:57 am

I love this picture in its simplicity. I took it with one of the first iPhones using hipstamatic filters and editing.
NaranjaRa

Re:

Postby NaranjaRa » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:13 am

Skywalker wrote:Does it have to be something that we have just taken a photo of something, or can it be older that we took a few years ago??

My nephew trashed my Nikon One, so I am currently saving for a new DSLR (that savings is currently sitting at zero >.<).

this thread is literally just to post & talk about photography....anything from any time
as well as being the spot for photoclub theme over-spill :)

glad to see the interest gaining...we'll get photoclub going again shortly! (sun)
Skywalker
I Feel Ya Sista... Not in that way

Re: PhotoClub SPINOFF - Share & Discuss Your Pics

Postby Skywalker » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:54 pm

haha.. had no idea.
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN

Postby girlapaloo » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:44 pm

Photography question...

Anyone have experience building or using a homemade lightbox for product photos etc?
I'm thinking about building something like this:

But I have only used natural lighting up until now so it's just going to be trial and error.
Spoiler: show
Image Image
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:32 am

*Posts moved from the main PhotoClub thread*

Rivoc wrote:these are always wonderful!!! Great idea on the theme!!! im dying in anticipation for this one!

Candee wrote:YAY!! Photoclub is awesome. I might join.

Brewtality wrote:We have some excellent photographers here so come on people, let's see what you've got!!!! Grab your camera and head outside now and capture some scenes of joy and happiness!

Phara wrote:OMG I LOVE THIS. I'M SO HAPPY ITS BACK.

//smiles shyly

i think i might join for the first time ever

Phara wrote:gotta hook my phone to the comp but i just wanted to describe it to you guys.

i was walking through the streets of manhattan... which is one of my favorite things to do. it's such a beautiful city. it holds a pulse. look... if the ninja forum was a city, it would be new york.... let's put it that way...

and i came across a construction site and had to go through a pedestrian walkthrough with an elevated platform and the fuckers made it into a "bridge"... this might make no sense to anyone but immaculate stilettos but... omg... happiness

manhattan is so special, too cute. I'll share the picture soon of what that means and how fucking unique and adorable and art like it is. fucking new york. it is your queen.

PinkEye wrote:Hello, I've not done this before on Ninja 3.0 so it might be wrong?
If the fourteen days of --HAPPINESS- have past am I allowed to add a theme and post a photograph under? If so/ So.
weighted: anything under force, paused from leaning etc.

Weighted

I took this about four years ago on a construction site. It's of the concrete wash out skip and a branch that fell in it, that winter was particularly cold not reaching much over -7 degrees Celsius through the day, although it's snowing and were up to our knees in it there's no snow on or in the skip just aggregate cement and lime dust covering this branch under water.

I took this photo with my newish then iphone 4, it was my first digital shoot+ although I was given an slr digital camera as present a few years back I haven't taken a single still with it yet, haven't used photography as a hobby since it's not been common practice to develop your pictures in a dark room. It had some difficulty composing the focus and had good clarity too it.

ghostdogg wrote:!!! SOUND THE ALARM

this was always one of my fav threads... also, I now have a Olympus DSLR /ninjablack

@NaranjaRa sup, SUP!!! /anna <3 hope all is well, hun.
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:44 am

*Additional "Happiness" Photos originally posted in the main PhotoClub thread*

Charmosa wrote:Image

Koh Samui, Mexico, and the Jersey Shore. In that order. These are pictures that bring me happiness. Can I still post if I'm out of the competition? I just wanted to share.

Itsa notame wrote:The link to the discussion page says it doesn't exist but this is what keeps me happy is this boy right here.

pigspigs76 wrote:
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:57 am

girlapaloo wrote:Photography question...

Anyone have experience building or using a homemade lightbox for product photos etc?
I'm thinking about building something like this:

But I have only used natural lighting up until now so it's just going to be trial and error.

i do and i guess it depends on how fancy you want to get and what your budget is. you can kind of build up as you go, ya know?

with the setup you have pictured, my advice would be to make the box deeper, push your object back more to get as much of that soft, reflected light onto all surfaces as possible. (sun)

hit me up if ya need me

Return to “Art and Editing”