my creations

Artist? Photographer? Editor? Find a home here. Post your work, offer advice, give your opinion, and just discuss in general.
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:30 pm

first off, lets start with my awwesome organization skills..

[spoiler]SIKE!
Image[/spoiler]

:D

ive actually got tons of my stuff everywhere, which a lot of you have seen already so im going to kick this off with something new.
given that this is the new 'evolution' monster i think im going to start with how a painting of mine evolves... they go through a lot of stages before im satisfied, some of which, might not ever be seen at the end stage, so with that said, im digging up a few stages of the one im working on now. this ones an acrylic based (which is a water base, for those that dont know, it means that it dries super fast and is completely out of my head, so no references and is a lot of impromptu.

*my paintings really do go thru quite a bit of evolution, Lord knows, ask Candee. God bless her, she was sooo patient!, but for example, she had to wait about 1.5yrs until completion.. :|

we are, what we allow to occupy us..

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:43 pm

and then...

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:51 pm

and then...

*actually thats it for now.. but i will be working on this tonight :)

NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:18 am

ah man so much love....
i've watched your skills just grow and evolve over the years and it makes me smile so big

oh and Frank is with me in my new home now!!! when he gets hung back up again i will send a pic. but for now, everyone should see this amazing gift:

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:20 am

:lol: fraaaaaank! awesome! who did that?

NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:21 am

some crazy-person mailed it to me on my birthday :D
TeaWrecks
ninja with training wheels

Postby TeaWrecks » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:59 am

Your stuff is great, ink. Way too interesting when high.
Syreeta
grasshopper

Postby Syreeta » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:03 am

great art!
Pawly
Grandmaster Sensei of the Dark Corners

Postby Pawly » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:30 am

I forgot how great your work is. I know that artists like to evoke an emotional response from their consumers and i just wanna say that your avatar scares the fucking shit outta me every time it pops up on a page.
ImageImage
It's MY world. You just a squirrel tryna get a nut!
ImageImage
ImageImage
CLICK ME!!
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:43 am

OMG THE EVOLUTION. ALICE GET IN HERE AND LOOK AT THESE "WORKBOARDS"...

Jamie, you are so amazing it hurts.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:00 am

and theeen..

NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:15 am

oh it's really poppin now (sun)
Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:26 am

Must... paint. These are great! Thank you so much for sharing.

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:46 pm

^^ oh absolutely! i appreciate the support and from everyone, truly and i am honored to share with ppl who appreciate it.. its meant to be enjoyed by someone other than me and the spiders in mah dungeon. :D

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:16 pm

speaking of sharing, i also have some good news that i feel like i should share about ninja dropping and how things seemingly started to come together for me. been in a bit of a rollercoaster myself, ever since the.. lets just say the last time ninja was scattered. somedays are harder than others, stomach hurts, feeling alone in your efforts and feelin like they are all in vain. desperate to catch a breathe, but cant let up, for the weight of the world might collapse on you. noticing your countenance starts to change and it takes everything to focus. like a series of back to back tough seasons.. anyway, the economic struggle is real. in spite of all this resistance, i would often stare at these paintings that began to pile up. it hurt my heart that i was the only one privy to this. it was bad enough, when i couldnt articulate the proper words to express my insides, when ive allowed myself to out pour into canvas, its the ultimate form of expression.. and noone sees it?! this cant be, so i started piecing together a consignment contract in hopes i could dump some these somewhere, like my old job and supplement the income. i didnt exactly leave on the best of terms, so this was going to be a difficult task. ok so fastforward to monday, i take my wife to work, contract in hand and pit stop at the old place. this is early bird a.m., mind you and my old boss, was flying around this deli, peppy than a mug on that 3rd cup type of buzz and sees me and his eyes light up. we chop it up like old times, we rap about the contract a little, i leave it with him and im out the door. so far so, good. little later, i get a call from Hana.. ninjas dropping! :O boom bam, clearly, im feeling blessed, i need this in my life. so the next day i showed up at that deli, lowkey, with like 8 paintings all loaded in the car. hehe i go in again, same thing, he is happy, prepping food.. might as well have been singing. lol odd that everything is lining up or coincidence..? whew.... long story short, he agreed to the terms and im in yo! im just going to load them up, as much as i can and just utilize my mans platform. he gets paid, so he is happy and i get to sell them and at the very least, show them off. im geeked but i got to stay focused tho.. :/

DJ_Darkside
Chunks of Cool

Postby DJ_Darkside » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:41 pm

^^ we are all going through the shift into a new collective consciousnesses... can you feel it? You're not the only one. It's happening all around me as well.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. Kurt Cobain

Spoiler: show
ALL HAIL LIEUTENANT DOCTOR COOLCHUNKIA ESQUIRE THE THIRD JR.!!! Lest she blow chunks of cool up yo asssss!!!
/anna hack! :kiss:
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:24 pm

...the shift into a new collective concsciousness word!

this ones rather special to me for obviious reasons. see the ninja in the middle?,, yep. back in 2011, the young homie Travis and I collaborated of some sort, we actually swapped paintings across international lines so we'd both have a hand in making something. i think it turned out kinda cool. two different styles on one canvas. i dont think he ever seen the finished result, because of life, and im slow and indecisive and had to change to a medium, blah blah... so shout out to MagicNinja! if you out there lurkin somewhere. His is the native american on the left. anyway yea, throwback from 5 yrs ago. word.

NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:13 am

ink wrote:...the shift into a new collective concsciousness word!

http://i65.tinypic.com/2lmp382.jpg

this ones rather special to me for obviious reasons. see the ninja in the middle?,, yep. back in 2011, the young homie Travis and I collaborated of some sort, we actually swapped paintings across international lines so we'd both have a hand in making something. i think it turned out kinda cool. two different styles on one canvas. i dont think he ever seen the finished result, because of life, and im slow and indecisive and had to change to a medium, blah blah... so shout out to MagicNinja! if you out there lurkin somewhere. His is the native american on the left. anyway yea, throwback from 5 yrs ago. word.

your "perfect timing story" (shout out to Orea becuz she's now coined that shit for this place) first of all. gdammit more tears.
becuz u know.
i don't have to say it.
u know...

i'm so excited for you, too!!! knew you'd get your work out there. i can feel a new confidence in your words about it. and i know all to well that sometimes the whole "business" side of art is counter-intuitive to some of the overall tendencies that artists share. ya know we need to get those 'going pro' discussions going again like we used to. ;)

i think this is the first time i'm seeing that completed piece. just :o

(sun)
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:57 pm

NaranjaRa wrote:your "perfect timing story" (shout out to Orea becuz she's now coined that shit for this place) first of all. gdammit more tears.
becuz u know.
i don't have to say it.
u know...

yes. (sun)

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:01 pm

this one is ready for the shop.. ;)

Zansi'Vara
Dark Horse of many truths

Postby Zansi'Vara » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:03 pm

ink wrote:...the shift into a new collective concsciousness word!

http://i65.tinypic.com/2lmp382.jpg

What an amazing piece of art. But...

What ninja?
ImageImage
ImageImage
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:06 pm

this one, is actually just a filler i did with acrylic. another painting is under it so thats why you see the texture. so it was kind of a experiment with those brown color ranges. i think it turned out cool. regardess, he's going in the shop.. :D

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:09 pm

Zansi'Vara wrote:

What ninja?

ty. you mean MagicNinja.. haha that's what he went by.. i might have to see if i can reach out hmm

Zansi'Vara
Dark Horse of many truths

Postby Zansi'Vara » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:10 pm

ink wrote:
Zansi'Vara wrote:

What ninja?

ty. you mean MagicNinja.. haha that's what he went by.. i might have to see if i can reach out hmm

I was just making a joke that you can't see ninjas. xD
ImageImage
ImageImage
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:40 am

lol gotcha

Return to “Art and Editing”