Photography/female sensuality

Artist? Photographer? Editor? Find a home here. Post your work, offer advice, give your opinion, and just discuss in general.
Syreeta
grasshopper

Postby Syreeta » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:22 am

NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:45 am

lovely :)
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:57 am

http://ninjaevolution.net/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=1562#p1562

I think you'll get a kick out of the above.

Beautiful
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Syreeta
grasshopper

Postby Syreeta » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:07 am

Thanks .. hm, I understand if nudes are an issue, but I do photo shoots to empower woman, many who have been through abuse, sexual or otherwise, or through illness as a step in their feeling empowered/beautiful

Having been through these things myself, I see it as an act of art which is not sleezy nor weird, but an expression of reality in its raw ness, and even a healing rite.

I'm ok with it not being acceptable here, though I would wonder why its an issue.

odd?..:) sure,,I'll take that,...that doesn't offend me.

I also believe anything that causes a reaction is allways worthy of discussion, as the people who react have something to look at and explore within themselves,..as I know I do when I react to anything.

but not at all why I posted!

I was genuinely just sharing one piece of casual art! And something I am passionate about is female empowerment, feeling comfortable in ones own skin, scars and all.
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:18 am

Syreeta wrote:Thanks .. hm, I understand if nudes are an issue, but I do photo shoots to empower woman, many who have been through abuse, sexual or otherwise, or through illness as a step in their feeling empowered/beautiful

Having been through these things myself, I see it as an act of art which is not sleezy nor weird, but an expression of reality in its raw ness, and even a healing rite.

I'm ok with it not being acceptable here, though I would wonder why its an issue.

odd?..:) sure,,I'll take that,...that doesn't offend me.

I also believe anything that causes a reaction is allways worthy of discussion, as the people who react have something to look at and explore within themselves,..as I know I do when I react to anything.

but not at all why I posted!

I was genuinely just sharing one piece of casual art! And something I am passionate about is female empowerment, feeling comfortable in ones own skin, scars and all.

hahahah. zombie spoke fast. I actually removed that piece of the convo cuz it was irrelevant. Hon... we love it. I posted the link to the convo to show that we are already discussing your art.

Syreeta... your pic is gorgeous. Your avatar is gorgeous. IT IS TOTALLY ACCEPTABLE HERE. WE WANT MORE.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Syreeta
grasshopper

Postby Syreeta » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:26 am

oh, thanks ..Your Grace;)

have a wonderfull evening
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:18 am

Syreeta wrote:oh, thanks ..Your Grace;)

have a wonderfull evening

you too babe. I look forward to seeing so much more.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Syreeta
grasshopper

Postby Syreeta » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:56 am

Imageimage by Hjjijrilflitejfruenkfuen,
}

for you, Phara

as a sign of worship and appreciation for letting me in your sacred space
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:00 am

the way the light hits is glorious.

Man... i'm just the bitch that puts it together. It's you guys that fill it with beauty. There are no words. I have none of this talent. I just crave being near it. Thank you so much for being here. G'damn, your work is beautiful. Truly. From the second I opened this thread the images hit me hard.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Syreeta
grasshopper

Postby Syreeta » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:23 am

creating a space is something really fantastic, and I really admire that, I think its a great talent and needed.

looks like you do a wonderfull job of bringing people together.

and thankyou so much for the feedback. I just wanted to honour you really.

I hope you have a fantastic, relaxing, nurturing evening with your wonderfull self, and others .
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:24 am

is this you Syreeta, or a muse? If I may ask
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Syreeta
grasshopper

Postby Syreeta » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:51 am

its me, but its also not me if you know what I mean:)

like..channeling the muse, and kindof more about all womans essence...how we can bring it out, yet still just be grounded, in t shirt and jeans or whatever, yet have these aspects to us within.

..actually my real muse is a grumpy old man who treats me like shit ,..ha, makes me spit venom and hurls curses at the air like a wild banshee in his absence..he ignores me for weeks on end, or months,..then waltzes back in not a care in the world..and makes me laugh !

then he disappears again, he drives me wild, insane! But I make art from it at times
DJ_Darkside
Chunks of Cool

Postby DJ_Darkside » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:58 am

Beautiful :)

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. Kurt Cobain

Spoiler: show
ALL HAIL LIEUTENANT DOCTOR COOLCHUNKIA ESQUIRE THE THIRD JR.!!! Lest she blow chunks of cool up yo asssss!!!
/anna hack! :kiss:
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:50 am

have you ever heard of Jade Beall? she created the Beautiful Body Project, focusing on women's bodies after childbirth. this came to mind upon mention of empowering women. though i am not a mother i am very aware of how some women see themselves after their pregnancies and how this changes the body. this work changes that perception. their scars and stretch marks truly are gorgeous because of what they mean...

i believe you will enjoy her work:
Jade Beall's website: http://www.jadebeall.com/#!/index/G0000Wm35big.yVE

Two articles about the Beautiful Body Project:
http://www.boredpanda.com/postpartum-photography-mothers-after-pregnancy-beautiful-body-project-jade-beall/
http://www.people.com/article/post-pregnancy-body-photographs
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:54 pm

Syreeta wrote:its me, but its also not me if you know what I mean:)

that simple sentence kinda blew me away. I understand exactly.

Syreeta wrote:like..channeling the muse, and kindof more about all womans essence...how we can bring it out, yet still just be grounded, in t shirt and jeans or whatever, yet have these aspects to us within.

..actually my real muse is a grumpy old man who treats me like shit ,..ha, makes me spit venom and hurls curses at the air like a wild banshee in his absence..he ignores me for weeks on end, or months,..then waltzes back in not a care in the world..and makes me laugh !

then he disappears again, he drives me wild, insane! But I make art from it at times

Holy shit, are you my doppleganger? Except I don't have a man but when I do they fit that general behavior pattern. Girl I want to buy you a drink. Or ten.

Also... to be completely shallow... Pretty sure I'm daydreaming to you later. You're lovely.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Syreeta
grasshopper

Postby Syreeta » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:31 pm

I dont have a man either, I need to exorcise the imprint of this one for good now, its a bad habit I have to get over once and for all.

and thanks, I am flattered! :D

ten drinks wouldnt even begin to cast that old demon out, but it might nurse our own troubles a while and be fun ;)

I believe it needs a whole specified ritual, something deep and heady , with fire and smoke!,..and mainly involves,..why...why be attracted to soul crushing assholes in the first place? And then leaving them to it.

I'm so over the gut punch feeling he gives me, even now when life is going well.
Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:37 pm

Lovely images. Never be afraid of nudity! Our bodies are far too special and unique to stigmatise.

Syreeta
grasshopper

Postby Syreeta » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:12 am

Syreeta
grasshopper

Postby Syreeta » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:15 am

Thanks for the share of sites NaranjaRa, ..they are great! I have seen Jade Bealls work before yes, its awesome.

and I agree Brewtality, totally
Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:32 am

Is that a tattoo on your left nipple? It reminds me a lot of the Vajra, a symbol which in Vajrayana Buddhism represents 'diamond' or indestructibility. In Tantric Buddhism it stands for endless creativity and the essence of nature. Pretty cool if you ask me.

Syreeta
grasshopper

Postby Syreeta » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:19 am

I actually just painted myself 'randomly'

but that symbol could not fit more perfectly and I absolutely love that you shared that here, and with me!!

Thankyou!

something to add to my meditations!!!

I met and stayed with some Vajarayana Practioners, and photographed skull cups a woman was making which they use for ritual.

You've given me some great info as I'm very much working with this energy this easter weekend..mainly in myself!

:D

totally stoked and gratefull..love it, you are awesome!!!!

just for added info, the image before that one was taken in Thailand near Burma

I lived in a 4x4 hut made from sticks and leaves,..thats it! four months, ..hilltribe style. I took images as I worked through a fair bit of ..stuff
Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:21 am

Very cool! I'm glad you enjoyed the comparison! Perhaps it was no coincidence that the shapes resemble each other. I think there's a reason why certain patterns express themselves through different people over time.

Syreeta
grasshopper

Postby Syreeta » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:44 am

Imageimage

yeah

its been coming up in my work all over the show

like in this meditation piece in the middle( ok, its off topic maybe, this image...but also maybe not as this is very much about feminine empowerment just in a different form)
Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:07 am

That's cool. Thanks for sharing your work. Do you work at it full-time? I feel as though I haven't been able to dedicate myself enough to creativity over the last year or two and I'm reeeeeally starting to feel it! A big part of my creative process involves collaboration and I just have nobody that I know here who has the same fire I do. I feel as though through various creative processes, I give breath to my own feminine energy and I suppose that's a side of me which hasn't been able to find expression for a while. I need to fix that. /ramble

Syreeta
grasshopper

Postby Syreeta » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:59 pm

Hey Brewtality, I work at my creativity full time, but if you mean money? Some, and its building but thats never been my drive, its more a need.

I do not function if I do not create in what ever form that takes. I've seen now that its a great aid to other things I do, as it helps me centre or expell my demons, or releases my fire into an image or object, or words.

I understand what you say very much,..Collaborations can really help.

For myself I'm coming to the conclusion that I can collaborate with my own self, yet also commiserate on the process with various others in lieu of a true creative partner.

I'm not sure if you are male or female? either way...we are all both of course

I go from boy, to masculine/adult, to little girl with a teddy bear, to sensual evocative woman, teenage rebel...all in a heartbeat, ..and more....so i get what you say about the feminine energy being given breath, needing that..male or female of 'body'

Return to “Art and Editing”