Photography/female sensuality

Artist? Photographer? Editor? Find a home here. Post your work, offer advice, give your opinion, and just discuss in general.
Syreeta
grasshopper

Postby Syreeta » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:59 pm

Pawly wrote:Dig your pics! Minor tech question. Do you have someone photographing you or are you using a timer set up? Type of camera? Keep posting we love 'em!

I love tech questions!

I broke my 'real' camera a couple of years ago, a canon 50D with xtra lens...and since then I have only used my ipad.

Its changed my whole style, but photography is just one of my creative forms along with video etc, and the ipad is portable and light, expedient.

I use a free timer app, and prop it up, balance it.

The self shots are in real time happenings, not really staged so much as a sponteneous working through of my emotional state.

I use very physical therapy to help myself..costume, facepaints etc
Syreeta
grasshopper

Postby Syreeta » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:03 pm

NaranjaRa wrote:

THIS i believe is your strongest, most advanced piece i've seen you post.

it is especially a joy to me to see you are really exploring the use of the photograph not as an end-point, but as a beginning. i've noticed you flirting with this approach in previous imagery, but now it is committed and deliberate...or at least seems much more so than i've noticed before in the body of work you've shown us so far.

so i am super curious like a cat (teehee) - is there perhaps anything else you want to share about this one? i would love to know more, and perhaps even see a closer detail or two (ONLY if you happen to have the moment!).

:)

thanks! I do alot of mixed media, this is an old one i revamped...bit of paint, some beads, some cloth i unthreaded

its about many things...hmm...being shot on the back with 'arrows',...strength to be different, pain but overcoming, the colour and beauty that can come from destruction/hell/facing ones demons...that kindof thing

its also very related to my mystical side, which i have battled with,,,my visionary self
Syreeta
grasshopper

Postby Syreeta » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:05 pm

Syreeta
grasshopper

Postby Syreeta » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:08 pm

I do alot of detailed work over laid by hand on photography, many hours involved

this is a just a snap of some stuff i have out atm been digging through( you cant see the detail but its..there in reality)

and thats where I'm heading again, I really need to sell some things and thats been a huge issue, self belief, market, finding my way etc, starving artist scenario

I am lucky to have a man,..his name is Lester Hall, in my town, i met recently who believes in me and thinks i am on the cusp of making a breakthrough

Imageimage
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:22 pm

yeah this is really great stuff...

the more detailed work over the photos...may i ask how you are doing this? are you printing on a matte-coated paper? etching into the emulsion? its hard to see from the pics and it looks really intricate whatever you are using. as in, it's definitely working for you, so keep it up for sure! :)

EDIT:
i am also very drawn to the specific imagery of pelvis & spine, as these two locations are where the bulk of my own chronic pain conditions reside.
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:25 pm

and yes, going from "Art Brain" to "Self-Marketing Brain" is an adventure of its own. try to keep confident. you have the work to back yourself up.

and feel free to ask around here for any advice or tips from folks who have walked the path already...
Syreeta
grasshopper

Postby Syreeta » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:33 pm

I printed on matte, fine art velvet paper, after digitally reworking photos, then draw with a fine gold pen thing..it gives his lovely sheen in reality but not bright gold, more subtle

so I'm going to work on a large one starting this week , get back to this

its therapy and art rolled into one

kindof pulls things from my subconscious Carl Jung style, ..symbols etc

Imageimage
Syreeta
grasshopper

Postby Syreeta » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:35 pm

NaranjaRa wrote:and yes, going from "Art Brain" to "Self-Marketing Brain" is an adventure of its own. try to keep confident. you have the work to back yourself up.

and feel free to ask around here for any advice or tips from folks who have walked the path already...

thankyou so much for the kind words, and feedback, this is my big stumbling block!

I'm pragmatic and practical but i have been struggling with marketing and self belief( I have really low self esteem i work on alot ..its getting better )

and yes!...the pelvis and spine have been huge in my health also, alot of why I sometimes focus on it over the years in imagery, as a way of healing or just expressing it somehow.

When I draw or create it helps my pain, I really understand chronic pain and I get the frustrations and how it wears you down.

thanks for seeing/feeling, and I hope your day is going well over there. :))
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN

Postby girlapaloo » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:55 pm

Syreeta wrote:I printed on matte, fine art velvet paper, after digitally reworking photos, then draw with a fine gold pen thing..it gives his lovely sheen in reality but not bright gold, more subtle

so I'm going to work on a large one starting this week , get back to this

its therapy and art rolled into one

kindof pulls things from my subconscious Carl Jung style, ..symbols etc

Imageimage

This is gorgeous!
Spoiler: show
Image Image
Pawly
Grandmaster Sensei of the Dark Corners

Postby Pawly » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:51 pm

Syreeta wrote:
Pawly wrote:Dig your pics! Minor tech question. Do you have someone photographing you or are you using a timer set up? Type of camera? Keep posting we love 'em!

I love tech questions!

I broke my 'real' camera a couple of years ago, a canon 50D with xtra lens...and since then I have only used my ipad.

Its changed my whole style, but photography is just one of my creative forms along with video etc, and the ipad is portable and light, expedient.

I use a free timer app, and prop it up, balance it.

The self shots are in real time happenings, not really staged so much as a sponteneous working through of my emotional state.

I use very physical therapy to help myself..costume, facepaints etc

Amazing what can be done with a tablet these days. Costumes and facepaint, eh? Alright, what does Syreeta's superhero secret alter ego look like?
ImageImage
It's MY world. You just a squirrel tryna get a nut!
ImageImage
ImageImage
CLICK ME!!
Syreeta
grasshopper

Postby Syreeta » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:57 am

mainly playing with a kindof kinky slutty foul mouthed yet very comical moody cat in the hat as alter ago atm

but I adore being in character, and have many just naturally within me...as we do, whats yours?

I find them really helpfull!!!..mainly because I'm kindof bonkers;)

Imageimage
Pawly
Grandmaster Sensei of the Dark Corners

Postby Pawly » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:39 am

The cat looks like fun, I'll admit I was expecting something dark. Not disappointed though. :)

lol My alter ego (which I rarely use anymore) is The Overly Happy Helpful Waiter. He came in real handy when dealing with pain in the ass guests who would bitch and complain about nothing and I would just get happier and more helpful as they seethed with rage. It was a true pleasure to change in to him.
ImageImage
It's MY world. You just a squirrel tryna get a nut!
ImageImage
ImageImage
CLICK ME!!
PhlawlessPhelon
phrankly phenomenal

Postby PhlawlessPhelon » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:12 am

Cool socks. I'm weird and like long socks... I blame it on my love for soccer.

Syreeta wrote:but I adore being in character, and have many just naturally within me...as we do, whats yours?

This question seems like a good thread in and of itself.
-Master of all things pherret related
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Syreeta
grasshopper

Postby Syreeta » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:59 am

yeah

stripey long socks are a big part of my life Phlawless :)...love them too!!!

and yes, its a rich and deep topic ...alter egos and such

I am often, in the evening, very soft and girlish..with my teddy bear and I find that very relaxing..candle light, soft pretty things, comfortable, soft blankets ,and my bear.food, movies etc
Syreeta
grasshopper

Postby Syreeta » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:04 am

Pawly wrote:The cat looks like fun, I'll admit I was expecting something dark. Not disappointed though. :)

lol My alter ego (which I rarely use anymore) is The Overly Happy Helpful Waiter. He came in real handy when dealing with pain in the ass guests who would bitch and complain about nothing and I would just get happier and more helpful as they seethed with rage. It was a true pleasure to change in to him.

I love the overly happy waiter!!! omg! yes...I have worked alot in hospitality, I totally get it

:D

..I have been so dark in the past i'm now enjoying softer things, I've had a kindof hellish past life and I just need to shed it now..not forget, but not stay hard, its still in me...I like the dark, but I was a hardcore kick ass warrior not just in alter ego but through and through( to survive)

I'm still a warrior, but I'm strong enough not to need to fight unless I have too, ..then I'm brutal as hell, and scary as fuck. it even scares me:)

so yeah...the cats fun...laughter helps me alot. playfullness
Syreeta
grasshopper

Postby Syreeta » Tue May 03, 2016 3:53 am

Playing with themse in life and art;

Imageimage
Syreeta
grasshopper

Postby Syreeta » Tue May 03, 2016 4:00 am

Imageimage

little maca, spiced balls for energy and goodness ~

ingredients;

dates
pumpkin seeds
maca powder
all spice
almonds
little water to mix

( ground to paste and rolled )

rolled in a dry mix of pumpkin seeds( blitzed till still a little rough before the powder stage, some maca and allspice

is kindof reminiscent of a middle eastern dessert or snack somehow..the spices, the nuts
Syreeta
grasshopper

Postby Syreeta » Tue May 03, 2016 4:02 am

Imageimage

Hand dipped chocolate caramel sticks ~ ..even healthy..!
PhlawlessPhelon
phrankly phenomenal

Postby PhlawlessPhelon » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:49 am

Syreeta wrote:little maca, spiced balls for energy and goodness ~

ingredients;

dates
pumpkin seeds
maca powder
all spice
almonds
little water to mix

( ground to paste and rolled )

rolled in a dry mix of pumpkin seeds( blitzed till still a little rough before the powder stage, some maca and allspice

is kindof reminiscent of a middle eastern dessert or snack somehow..the spices, the nuts

Syreeta wrote:Hand dipped chocolate caramel sticks ~ ..even healthy..!

Both sound and look Yummyrific!
-Master of all things pherret related
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:15 am

i miss her
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
ravenrussell
Keeper of Dark Mysteries..

Re: A fulfilled vision

Postby ravenrussell » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:42 am

Syreeta wrote:Imageimage

yeah

its been coming up in my work all over the show

like in this meditation piece in the middle( ok, its off topic maybe, this image...but also maybe not as this is very much about feminine empowerment just in a different form)

I really like this image. Meticulous aura energy personified in a great spread. Love it.
Peace to all.
-Raven
cerebro7
grasshopper

Re:

Postby cerebro7 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:02 am

Syreeta wrote:Imageimage

beautifully captured
p.e.a.c.e. to man woman and child

Return to “Art and Editing”