ANNA (Naranja) ART

Artist? Photographer? Editor? Find a home here. Post your work, offer advice, give your opinion, and just discuss in general.
ravenrussell
Keeper of Dark Mysteries..

Re:

Postby ravenrussell » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:53 am

NaranjaRa wrote:Image

I think this Eden 4 part series is really cool. It speaks of the innocent below all of our bad decisions as adults, by bringing the dolls into it. The mixed media makes is especially powerful. God, I'm so glad to see work coming from a Ninja that makes me want to sing. Beautiful work, well done!

I also had no idea, you did Phara's signature art. I looooove that one.

Peace to all.
-Raven
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Re: Re:

Postby NaranjaRa » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:09 pm

ravenrussell wrote:
NaranjaRa wrote:Image

I think this Eden 4 part series is really cool. It speaks of the innocent below all of our bad decisions as adults, by bringing the dolls into it. The mixed media makes is especially powerful. God, I'm so glad to see work coming from a Ninja that makes me want to sing. Beautiful work, well done!

I also had no idea, you did Phara's signature art. I looooove that one.

<3 bless you for your words...yes yes yes you do indeed see what i was working with in the Eden series! it fills me with so much joy to know that it still speaks to someone after more than 20 years. i was a sophomore in college when i made that piece. it was honestly a breakthrough for me as a very young artist seeking her "voice"...first time i had ever made anything like it...work that had what i felt was a real "purpose" behind it. i had offers to buy it but i was never able to let it go. i still have the original sketches and plans from the thought process i'll have to scan and share. sometimes your work communicates other levels to you that you might have not even been aware of during it's conception; i feel like i'm still learning from it so i continue to hold it close.

ghostdogg wrote:...this is gonna sound weird... but that is a sexy batman! /rotfl

ravenrussell wrote:Wild sister. Paisley Knight. Truly a breath must be drawn, waiting for the finished product. The streets of Gotham are about to be fabulous.

:giggle: /rock guess i need to get back to it, then, huh? the Knight is still young... /blush (sun)
NaranjaRa

Re: ANNA (Naranja) ART

Postby NaranjaRa » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:30 pm

HAPPY NEWS!!!
i don't do much design work for new clients anymore, as my health has increasingly made it difficult for me to manage a lot of deadlines as well as just getting out there for meetings, networking, and all that jazz

so it's REALLY GREAT when one of my long-timers pops up with a hefty project...both for keeping up my skills, my portfolio, and general creative sanity lol

i've been doing the annual report for a well-known children's theatre in Florida for several years now, but funding issues kept them from completing one of the best ones i ever did for them, which bummed me out pretty hard

well a year later they hit me up out of nowhere. not only are we finishing that damn thing FINALLY, but they're on to do another one this year!
(sun) /rock (sun) /rock (sun) /rock (sun) /rock (sun) /rock (sun) /rock (sun) /rock (sun) /rock (sun) /rock (sun) /rock (sun) /rock

I NEEDED THIS SO BAD RIGHT NOW!!!! /party

here's the an example of a couple of the spreads from this piece that was literally just needing final proofing before it could go to print!

here's the whole thing in PDF :-D
http://www.imageicu.com/PDF/FLCT1314.pdf

so JAZZED i might have to change my pants!!!!! /flame
Zombie
Wizard Behind The Curtain

Postby Zombie » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:21 pm

SO HAPPY FOR YOU! and that looks great :)
Skywalker
I Feel Ya Sista... Not in that way

Postby Skywalker » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:10 am

That is really cool. I always wondered how to create something like that.. any tips?
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:00 am

word, right on.. here's your out! get it! (flex)
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN

Postby girlapaloo » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:27 pm

/tup woop woop, that is really awesome Anna! /tup
Spoiler: show
Image Image
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:42 pm

i appreciate the support so much, you guys!

Skywalker wrote:I always wondered how to create something like that.. any tips?

they're definitely involved but i just try to design for the content the best i can. one year the photos they gave me were horrendous and that really can make or break a piece like this (i don't show that one to anyone lol).

i can offer more tips if you wanted to ask me something more specific? :-)

i'd only done an annual report for one other client before FLCT and it was a blast as well. i love doing any multi-page project and a lot of my experience with them came from fashion & product catalogs and brochures for developers & architects. they're even more fun if i also get to do the photography. it gives one a chance to create a concept from the very beginning stages where you're forming the main images and building up from a foundation you can control the entire way through.

a couple of spreads from the first AR for a non-profit that helps put people with disabilities to work:

and 2 spreads from a super-simple catalog for a small biz that sold gift-boxes to larger retailers...i did the photography for this one, too. it's "ok"...had to keep it super low-budget as this project came right when the recession hit. it gives you an idea how you can visually simplify to cut down on time and work with your clients' resources.

ravenrussell
Keeper of Dark Mysteries..

Postby ravenrussell » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:49 am

ghostdogg wrote:
...this is gonna sound weird... but that is a sexy batman! /rotfl

ravenrussell wrote:
Wild sister. Paisley Knight. Truly a breath must be drawn, waiting for the finished product. The streets of Gotham are about to be fabulous.

:giggle: /rock guess i need to get back to it, then, huh? the Knight is still young... /blush (sun)

**Did you ever finish the dark night? I am interested in seeing it.
Peace to all.
-Raven
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:04 am

ravenrussell wrote::giggle: /rock guess i need to get back to it, then, huh? the Knight is still young... /blush (sun)

**Did you ever finish the dark night? I am interested in seeing it.

:giggle: well aren't you so punny i can't stand it! :giggle:

oh man...i do appreciate you asking so, so very much. but i have unfortunately not made any further progress with ANY of my projects! The Fabulous Knight is resting until I get glasses, which should be this month. And my client project, the children's theater annual report, is on hold until they send me high-quality photos.

however, 2 days ago i purchased three little pre-fab 8x10 canvas boards, plus 7 of these little 3" square stretched canvases because i want - no, NEED - to do more work with my hands and have been dying to do some painting again. i have all this paint and brushes i haven't touched in over 20 years! so yeah, i do plan to update again soon...

but i really am going blind, lol...so i'm just hangin' back until i can actually see what i'm working on again! /rotfl
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:42 pm

but, but.. anna, im hungry!

feed me....... ;)
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:59 am

ink wrote:but, but.. anna, im hungry!

feed me....... ;)

:giggle: workin on it!

in the meantime, i found something a tad forgotten: my old myspace page design. i loved the fact you could basically hack your own profile to make it look however you want. //sigh...before Farcebook took over the world...

i was always kind of proud of this design

Otakuninjato
the unproven

Postby Otakuninjato » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:19 pm

Oooohhhhhhh i have fallen into the rabbit hole. Methinks I shall stay
-live life on a different frequency- /horus

Return to “Art and Editing”