ANNA (Naranja) ART

Artist? Photographer? Editor? Find a home here. Post your work, offer advice, give your opinion, and just discuss in general.
User avatar
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious
Posts: 1779
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:48 pm
Location: Right Here
Contact:

Postby Feydakin » Tue May 03, 2016 8:17 pm

Those orange wigs though! :D

I love seeing pics of your trip! MOAR! ;)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
User avatar
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA
Posts: 2493
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:53 am
Location: in the grove
Contact:

Postby NaranjaRa » Tue May 10, 2016 8:57 pm

:D thanks bunches Feyd!!!

time to switch gears for a sec!

so if ya look at some of my older stuff you'll notice a lot of mixed media and even some dabbling in more sculptural works. i did a lot of odd little setups with my 3D creations that i'd then photograph and continue to work with.

these were "montaged" onto large boards for backdrops, then photographed in-studio on 4x5" slide film positives. there is one for each of the 4 elements. though the boards have long since been destroyed, the prints and transparencies remain, and this work is still considered unfinished / in-progress. :)

"The Elements"

EARTH
Image

AIR
Image

FIRE
Image

WATER
Image


if i can get color versions / scans i will surely update & share!
User avatar
Psy
Neck Veins & Deep Inner Bellows...
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:45 pm
Location: Legendary Shitposter and Junglist.

Postby Psy » Wed May 11, 2016 6:09 am

That's some creepy ass art work. You could get that in the Tate Modern xD
Image
User avatar
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA
Posts: 2493
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:53 am
Location: in the grove
Contact:

Postby NaranjaRa » Wed May 11, 2016 9:12 am

i will gladly accept that as a compliment from you, sir! :D <3
User avatar
ink
God's Fountain Pen
Posts: 2158
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:22 pm

Postby ink » Wed May 11, 2016 8:25 pm

NaranjaRa wrote::D thanks bunches Feyd!!!

time to switch gears for a sec!

so if ya look at some of my older stuff you'll notice a lot of mixed media and even some dabbling in more sculptural works. i did a lot of odd little setups with my 3D creations that i'd then photograph and continue to work with.

these were "montaged" onto large boards for backdrops, then photographed in-studio on 4x5" slide film positives. there is one for each of the 4 elements. though the boards have long since been destroyed, the prints and transparencies remain, and this work is still considered unfinished / in-progress. :)

"The Elements"

EARTH
Image

AIR
Image

FIRE
Image

WATER
Image


if i can get color versions / scans i will surely update & share!


Montage!!!!11 these are great! ..and also hilarious! :lol: <3 <3 <3

please, continue to art bomb us! so wacky, gives me the feels.. :D
we are, what we allow to occupy us..





Image
User avatar
Garon-Time
ninja with training wheels
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:36 pm
Location: Abbotsford BC

Postby Garon-Time » Thu May 12, 2016 5:44 am

Wow there's a lot of talent here! Well done!
Hail Enki. Guardian of Mankind.

/who
User avatar
Ganji
Infinite Yields
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:49 am

Postby Ganji » Thu May 12, 2016 7:46 am

Those are amazing :D
User avatar
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA
Posts: 2493
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:53 am
Location: in the grove
Contact:

Postby NaranjaRa » Tue May 17, 2016 9:31 pm

i found some color prints! they're huge, though, so i had to photograph them. also, my favorite one, 'Water', is missing. booooo!

Earth
Image

Air
Image

Fire
Image
User avatar
Skywalker
I Feel Ya Sista... Not in that way
Posts: 975
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:55 pm
Location: NC

Postby Skywalker » Tue May 17, 2016 11:01 pm

Very nice work, really love what you have done...


I'll keep checking back on this one, cause I am unsure if I missed this one or not.. if not, does not matter, you have some really interesting pieces. Makes one think, I like that :)
Image
SoberJoe
ninja with training wheels
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 3:57 pm

Postby SoberJoe » Wed May 18, 2016 12:42 am

The Godzilla one really speaks to me both visually and subject matter definitely get me thinking.
/////////////////////////////////
SOBERJOE.NVC.IVB.KID.
Image
User avatar
ink
God's Fountain Pen
Posts: 2158
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:22 pm

Postby ink » Wed May 18, 2016 1:45 pm

Way better with color.. i digs
we are, what we allow to occupy us..





Image
User avatar
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA
Posts: 2493
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:53 am
Location: in the grove
Contact:

Postby NaranjaRa » Thu May 19, 2016 1:41 am

Skywalker wrote:Very nice work, really love what you have done...

I'll keep checking back on this one, cause I am unsure if I missed this one or not.. if not, does not matter, you have some really interesting pieces. Makes one think, I like that :)


SoberJoe wrote:The Godzilla one really speaks to me both visually and subject matter definitely get me thinking.


that means a lot to me Skywalker, Joe :)

ink wrote:Way better with color.. i digs


yes im so happy i could share what they're really supposed to look like! someday i hope to find my 'Water' print. i made them myself in my school's color lab and am pretty sure these were the "bad prints"...incorrect exposures, extras, etc. somewhere i have perfect copies of all 4....//sigh....

just found a sketch from a few years ago...i was trying to get a pose i liked and then sorta gave up when it wasn't going where i wanted it to....but i like her top half at least lol

Image
User avatar
ink
God's Fountain Pen
Posts: 2158
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:22 pm

Postby ink » Thu May 19, 2016 8:03 am

Ooh you have to do more of that.. im a sucker for sketches :D
we are, what we allow to occupy us..





Image
User avatar
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA
Posts: 2493
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:53 am
Location: in the grove
Contact:

Postby NaranjaRa » Fri May 20, 2016 2:05 am

ink wrote:Ooh you have to do more of that.. im a sucker for sketches :D


im working on scanning some of my old sketchbooks now, so if anything looks decent enough i will certainly share!
i know what you mean, too...i dig seeing other folks' sketches as well. a lot of my stuff was done on HUGE paper though, a lot of newsprint that ages like newsprint does...sigh. all my figure drawing stuff, and nature drawing were done on giant sketch pads so i guess i need to straight photograph them in order to preserve them. man, archiving is a job in itself! o_O

another silly worm entry...still in-progress :)

Image
User avatar
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA
Posts: 2493
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:53 am
Location: in the grove
Contact:

Re: ANNA (Naranja) ART

Postby NaranjaRa » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:09 am

Batman head progress...
(first round: viewtopic.php?p=6852#p6852)

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
Skywalker
I Feel Ya Sista... Not in that way
Posts: 975
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:55 pm
Location: NC

Re: ANNA (Naranja) ART

Postby Skywalker » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:46 am

^That Batman is going to be on of the coolest Batmans ...

Image
Image
User avatar
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA
Posts: 2493
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:53 am
Location: in the grove
Contact:

Re: ANNA (Naranja) ART

Postby NaranjaRa » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:37 am

THANKS i sure hope so! the mouth looks silly as a little dot but that will be another mandala eventually. all i'm doing now is laying down the base marker layer. then i'll go back in with thin pens and colored pencils to do detail and shading/gradations.

i'll probably be done in about 10-15 years....lol :D
User avatar
PhlawlessPhelon
phrankly phenomenal
Posts: 960
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:20 am
Location: Krynn

Re: ANNA (Naranja) ART

Postby PhlawlessPhelon » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:10 am

That Batman head is cool as shit.
Image
-Master of all things pherret related
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
PinkEye
grasshopper
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:57 pm
Location: Worthing Pier

Re: ANNA (Naranja) ART

Postby PinkEye » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:42 pm

Hi NaranjaRa! your art projects ore of a fulfilling endowment and appear naturally seamless, i'm stump generated by your train station development and mostly your photograph's materialise near perfect quantification, they are of a real professional standard and were a pleasure to surf through, so as yourself must well know I might as well be writing cuneiform about any other cloud lifting through welkin.
Although I don't enjoy what your doing with my man Batman's head((>^^<))oo00oo.
supermondanus!
ImageImage
User avatar
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA
Posts: 2493
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:53 am
Location: in the grove
Contact:

Re: ANNA (Naranja) ART

Postby NaranjaRa » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:12 pm

PinkEye wrote:Hi NaranjaRa! your art projects ore of a fulfilling endowment and appear naturally seamless, i'm stump generated by your train station development and mostly your photograph's materialise near perfect quantification, they are of a real professional standard and were a pleasure to surf through, so as yourself must well know I might as well be writing cuneiform about any other cloud lifting through welkin.
Although I don't enjoy what your doing with my man Batman's head((>^^<))oo00oo.


PinkEye you glorious nut, you! your words hath provided me a hearty smile this morn! /nod
so especially kind is your comment on the photography. my appreciation, sincerely.
i studied photography...it's what i focused on for my degree, my "major". but i am still learning the art to this day...still always trying to take better photos. :)

nahnah-nahnah-nahnah-nahnah nahnah-nahnah-nahnah-nahnah batman!
User avatar
PinkEye
grasshopper
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:57 pm
Location: Worthing Pier

Re: ANNA (Naranja) ART

Postby PinkEye » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:45 pm

AAaa!! poor batman head?
https://youtu.be/mhxRBa7zaOI
supermondanus!
ImageImage
User avatar
Charmosa
God
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:40 am
Contact:

Re: ANNA (Naranja) ART

Postby Charmosa » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:12 am

Was that supposed to link to punjabi mc!? I like the dot for a mouth right now, reminds me of dave mckean. I'm glad you are taking in progress photos, more people should! All the artwork you have posted is amazing and I'm glad you are sharing. You should be very proud of the amount and the quality. !!! <3
User avatar
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA
Posts: 2493
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:53 am
Location: in the grove
Contact:

Re: ANNA (Naranja) ART

Postby NaranjaRa » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:18 am

Charmosa wrote:Was that supposed to link to punjabi mc!?

I like the dot for a mouth right now, reminds me of dave mckean. I'm glad you are taking in progress photos, more people should! All the artwork you have posted is amazing and I'm glad you are sharing. You should be very proud of the amount and the quality. !!! <3


lol...totally random, right? /rotfl

and omg you're right about McKean...i wonder if his influence kinda crept in subconsciously. the more i look at it that way the more i get used to it and am reconsidering making that area into another mandala now and might somehow keep it a dot-mouth. not sure. it's so much a stream-of-consciousness piece anyway, so i guess what happens will happen when it does. /ninjablack

(if that makes sense :giggle: )

thank u so much for the kind words and encouragement! :kiss: /sun
User avatar
ghostdogg
Rewind. Spit. Scratch. See Heaven.
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:41 pm

Re: ANNA (Naranja) ART

Postby ghostdogg » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:00 am

...this is gonna sound weird... but that is a sexy batman! /rotfl
User avatar
ravenrussell
Keeper of Dark Mysteries..
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:16 am
Location: Walking the Road
Contact:

Re: ANNA (Naranja) ART

Postby ravenrussell » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:47 am

Wild sister. Paisley Knight. Truly a breath must be drawn, waiting for the finished product. The streets of Gotham are about to be fabulous.
Peace to all.
-Raven
Image

Return to “Art and Editing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests