Do you like Yarn? What are you working on right now?

Artist? Photographer? Editor? Find a home here. Post your work, offer advice, give your opinion, and just discuss in general.
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:24 am

I like Yarn. A lot. I spend a lot of money on it and then stare at it longingly. That's not weird at all.

Pacman Pillow Set - unfinished

Baby Cookie Monster - unfinished

And a blankie that I have to take a pic of for my baby Miss Phara. lol. One of my members named his pherret after me.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Nepherteri
grasshopper

Postby Nepherteri » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:38 am

LOVE!!!!
" Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you're riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake up and live."~Bob Marley

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:24 am

i'll just sit back and admire this thread. yarn skills amaze me.

i do leather and suede work though. so that's kinda sewing at least :lol:
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:58 am

NaranjaRa wrote:i'll just sit back and admire this thread. yarn skills amaze me.

i do leather and suede work though. so that's kinda sewing at least :lol:

oh hell yea, we should combine all that in here till it gets bigger. lemme see anna
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
MAK
grasshopper

Postby MAK » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:43 pm

haha these are cute! The cookie monster one looks amazing, how long did it take you?
<3
Gwenno
Amigwenumi

Postby Gwenno » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:45 am

WIPS: hooded cowl, poncho, 4 triangular scarves, 2 amigurumi's and a winterdress. And a babyblanket, but that's cotton and makes my wrists hurt, so when the girl is 18 it will be done LOL
No pics, because I'm too lazy to make a pic with good lighting and then hook it up to the pc and put it here.
I am considering starting another project, the Mandala Madness CAL and the Frida keep showing up in my random thoughts and dreams. If I buy cheap yarn I can do one from my birthday money. Or the hearts of friendship blanket for my mom. Maybe I should finish some stuff first.
Maybe I forgot a doll hat, That's not finished either . What am I doing here? I should get my hook and finish something ffs!!!
Live today, 'cause if you don't, you might live to regret it.... Amanda Marshall
Image Image
Image Image
Spoiler: show
/anna hijack! :kiss:
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:09 pm

Gwenno wrote:WIPS: hooded cowl, poncho, 4 triangular scarves, 2 amigurumi's and a winterdress. And a babyblanket, but that's cotton and makes my wrists hurt, so when the girl is 18 it will be done LOL
No pics, because I'm too lazy to make a pic with good lighting and then hook it up to the pc and put it here.
I am considering starting another project, the Mandala Madness CAL and the Frida keep showing up in my random thoughts and dreams. If I buy cheap yarn I can do one from my birthday money. Or the hearts of friendship blanket for my mom. Maybe I should finish some stuff first.
Maybe I forgot a doll hat, That's not finished either . What am I doing here? I should get my hook and finish something ffs!!!

Mandala Madness!!! and Circles of Change!!!! woman, fuck lighting, just take a pic. hahahahah. It's a joke around here cuz everyone wants to be a perfectionist. Now we say fuck it and throw it all on the board. I would love to see what you're working on. Fuck it, snap a pic with your phone and we'll go from there. :sun:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Gwenno
Amigwenumi

Postby Gwenno » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:22 pm

To the forum on my phone????? The there is no end to the forum madness!I hate people on their phones all the time, if I go there, there's no way back. I'll see what I can do later. I need to vacuum before the lo gets home and makes it worse :p

Edit; would you believe that I don't even know HOW to get photo's here any more? I feel so stupid!
Live today, 'cause if you don't, you might live to regret it.... Amanda Marshall
Image Image
Image Image
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:40 pm

lololol, oh girl, it was the topic of convo week one cuz we all got used to drag and drop. lololol

upload to an image host, like imgur then

[img]urladdress[/img]
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:45 pm

I'm trying to see how much yarn I can eat before I get really sick. It's going really well so far but I think I can feel a knot in my stomach.

Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:14 pm

omg hahahhahaha. :lol: brew.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Candeeoke
The Quiet Storm

Postby Candeeoke » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:31 am

yarn is squishy and lovely. I pet mine too. It's not weird at all. [note the lack of sarcasm tags]
ImageImage
Gwenno
Amigwenumi

Postby Gwenno » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:16 am

Nope, that's not weird, I pet my yarn and hold it against my cheek, whisper to it that it's beautiful and very precious to me.

So Phara, I did it, I just shot some pics of the wips that were closest to grab!

My Poncho, I just need to finish the border

Triangular scarf, I am thinking of frogging the last 7 rows, it's getting out of shape and I need to fix that (no pattern, I just go and try stuff)

Look at the colors upclose, I'm so in love!!!

Another triangular scarf with very thin yarn, easy pattern (small fans or flat brioshka to be found on Ravelry and on google)

Lalylala Rocco/ amigurumi with sock yarn, pattern to be found on Etsy and DaWanda by Lydia Tresselt. Not my first laly :) color choice by my son Jesse
Image Image
Image Image
Gwenno
Amigwenumi

Postby Gwenno » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:22 am

AND!!!! I went trough my stash yesterday and this morning I bought some yarn that goes with what's in my stash to start the mandala madness!!!! I need to finish 3 things and then I can start. I haven't bought all the colors I want to use, just enough to start the first parts and then I'll buy more..... Yes I made a pic of the first part of my colour scheme (when I'm trough this, I'll go darker and finish with dark brown)

TADAAAAA

Image Image
Image Image
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:53 am

Gwenno wrote:Nope, that's not weird, I pet my yarn and hold it against my cheek, whisper to it that it's beautiful and very precious to me.

So Phara, I did it, I just shot some pics of the wips that were closest to grab!

My Poncho, I just need to finish the border

Girl i'm so proud of you lololol!!!!

This poncho is friggin spectacular. No words. I'd like to learn this one.

all of your work is amazing.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:54 am

Gwenno wrote:AND!!!! I went trough my stash yesterday and this morning I bought some yarn that goes with what's in my stash to start the mandala madness!!!! I need to finish 3 things and then I can start. I haven't bought all the colors I want to use, just enough to start the first parts and then I'll buy more..... Yes I made a pic of the first part of my colour scheme (when I'm trough this, I'll go darker and finish with dark brown)

TADAAAAA

lololol, omg i love this. I did the same thing a few weeks ago.

//Goes to dig out.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Gwenno
Amigwenumi

Postby Gwenno » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:02 am

awww, thanks for saying my work is amazing! *blushes*
The poncho is the 'simply crochet poncho', fall winter 2014 issue. It was sort of finished and I wore it a while, but I decided it was too short, I wanted it longer so I tried and tested stuff, but the grannies worked best. It's a free pattern I found online.
Me wearing it before I knew it was too short (and I hate making selfies!!)
Image Image
Image Image
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN

Postby girlapaloo » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:45 am

Gwenno wrote:awww, thanks for saying my work is amazing! *blushes*
The poncho is the 'simply crochet poncho', fall winter 2014 issue. It was sort of finished and I wore it a while, but I decided it was too short, I wanted it longer so I tried and tested stuff, but the grannies worked best. It's a free pattern I found online.
http://i65.tinypic.com/xmqqsn.jpg

This is great! I wanna see more :p
Any future amigurumi projects in the works?
// Amigwenumi
Image Image
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:04 am

thats wild! crochet masters abound in ninja..

why do i feel coompelled to become one with one of those ninja crochet needles..?

o_O
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

PhlawlessPhelon
phrankly phenomenal

Postby PhlawlessPhelon » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:21 am

That poncho is uber cool.
-Master of all things pherret related
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:59 am

Gwenno wrote:awww, thanks for saying my work is amazing! *blushes*

YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL!!! And it looks amazing on you. It must be so awesome to wear your work. the most i got is a scarf and hat.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:27 am

Amigwenumi

omfg, hahahahahahhaa. YES. O_o... PHARA IS THINKING OF ANOTHER CENSOR.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:50 am

Enjoy your title gorgeous <3

I'll post a pic later but I'll be taking Phlawless's blankie on my vacay to finish :) ... It's for Miss Phara and her brothers and sisters. :) (sun)
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Gwenno
Amigwenumi

Postby Gwenno » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:15 am

Phara wrote:Enjoy your title gorgeous <3

I'll post a pic later but I'll be taking Phlawless's blankie on my vacay to finish :) ... It's for Miss Phara and her brothers and sisters. :) (sun)

Yay!! What a cool surprise!! I was off crocheting and *whispers* fbgaming a few days since the forum was so silent, I come back and I'm smiling again. I love you, period!
posting a pic of my finished poncho later!!!
Image Image
Image Image
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:31 am

Gwenno wrote:
Phara wrote:Enjoy your title gorgeous <3

Yay!! What a cool surprise!! I was off crocheting and *whispers* fbgaming a few days since the forum was so silent, I come back and I'm smiling again. I love you, period!
posting a pic of my finished poncho later!!!

Lol... woman, when the forum seems quiet, i expect you to go running through the halls of page 2, 3, and 4 in the index lololol. The board moves fast and then goes quiet. It's the ebb and flow. Always feel free to bump the older subjects, it resparks convo. <3 love you lady.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image

Return to “Art and Editing”