Gwenno's crochet and crafts - finished

Artist? Photographer? Editor? Find a home here. Post your work, offer advice, give your opinion, and just discuss in general.
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Tue May 03, 2016 1:52 pm

holy bejeezus woman! YOU HAZ YARN POWAHS :O

the eyes on the bunny....
THAT PINEAPPLE SCARF <3 <3 <3
the colors of Sock Monkey!!!!!
THAT DRESS!!!!!!!!!!!

omg... *bows down* ...crazy amazing.
Gwenno
Amigwenumi

Postby Gwenno » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:22 pm

:D

Updated
Live today, 'cause if you don't, you might live to regret it.... Amanda Marshall
Image Image
Image Image
Spoiler: show
/anna hijack! :kiss:
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:30 pm

wow you were busy.. your quite the machine! colorful, awesome!
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

Gwenno
Amigwenumi

Re: Gwenno's crochet and crafts - finished

Postby Gwenno » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:52 pm

I've been crocheting a lot lately, I will add my new works soon :)
Live today, 'cause if you don't, you might live to regret it.... Amanda Marshall
Image Image
Image Image
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:11 am

Gwenno wrote:I've been crocheting a lot lately, I will add my new works soon :)

/party (sun) can't wait!
ravenrussell
Keeper of Dark Mysteries..

Postby ravenrussell » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:07 pm

Never thought I'd say this about crochet, but wow. I especially like, actually all of them. I've not seen such creative works of this type. Amazing, amazing, amazing. The colors and perfection of each piece is inherent. Lovely!
Peace to all.
-Raven
Gwenno
Amigwenumi

Postby Gwenno » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:01 pm

Thank you /blush
Image Image
Image Image
ghostdogg
Rewind. Spit. Scratch. See Heaven.

Postby ghostdogg » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:14 pm

Amazing!!! I <3 the minion haha but these are all amazing.
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:13 am

CHRIST Gwenno..... THE TALENT!!!!! I dont know if you have an online store or not, but id def be interested purchasing one of your fine hand-crafted works!!! I'm always happy to help support a ninja any way I can! Let me know (sun) (sun) (sun)
Gwenno
Amigwenumi

Postby Gwenno » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:34 pm

I'm a project starter, finishing is something I somehow postpone with a lot of things crochet related. I am considering selling some, but good pics first. Thanks so much for the encouragement
<3
Image Image
Image Image
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:56 pm

you are so talented gwenno!!!
i so need this giraffe in my life, i love the colors.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Skywalker
I Feel Ya Sista... Not in that way

Postby Skywalker » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:28 am

Why I have never checked this out. Woman, you are very talented.

You should make a little ninja fella. I bet it would be very cute!
Gwenno
Amigwenumi

Postby Gwenno » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:09 am

I was taking some pics today, but the lighting sucks, just one I dare to share here. A hat I made for Jesse, took me a week (again, starting fast, finishing very slow) finished it last month. Matching scarf is in the making, but that might take a while since he recently told me, he doesn't like scarves, he wants a cowl. *sigh*

Image Image
Image Image
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:37 am

Gwenno wrote:I was taking some pics today, but the lighting sucks, just one I dare to share here. A hat I made for Jesse, took me a week (again, starting fast, finishing very slow) finished it last month. Matching scarf is in the making, but that might take a while since he recently told me, he doesn't like scarves, he wants a cowl. *sigh*

adorable!! (sun) great job. my mom knits me scarves and cowls...i love lonnnng scarves especially but am now really into the cowls as well.

i so wish i could knit...i'd go nuts making ridiculous little creatures and hats! :giggle:
TRACINGHOOKERS
the unproven

Postby TRACINGHOOKERS » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:35 pm

Frikkin awesome!! :O

Making 3D objects out of thread boggles my mind.
JUBJUBJUBJUBJUBJUBJUBJUBJUB
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:00 am

Gwenno wrote:I was taking some pics today, but the lighting sucks, just one I dare to share here. A hat I made for Jesse, took me a week (again, starting fast, finishing very slow) finished it last month. Matching scarf is in the making, but that might take a while since he recently told me, he doesn't like scarves, he wants a cowl. *sigh*

wow! that is great!

haha @ the cowl
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:16 am

hey Gwenno can i commission you to make me a pussy hat?? :giggle:

Gwenno
Amigwenumi

Postby Gwenno » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:02 pm

How dare you ask me that on your birthday! Let me get back to you on that.
Image Image
Image Image
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:29 am

Gwenno wrote:How dare you ask me that on your birthday! Let me get back to you on that.

hahahaha no pressure luv (sun)
i was actually going to hit you up on FB and see if we can get some kind of international exchange going. i know this has little to do with crochet and i'm not hijacking your thread, but here goes: :giggle:

whenever i travel, one of my favorite things to do is sample the treats & edibles of the locations i visit
and when i come home with a bunch of yummy it's like i'm still on the trip in a way
so when i was in the Netherlands, i FELL IN LOVE with your gummy candy
specifically the "Fun Mix" that i found pretty much everywhere i went...just looked like basic candy you have on the cheap
but to me, it was HEAVEN SENT!
the flavors and textures of these gummies are far superior to most gummy candy i have tried, and i consider myself to be somewhat of a Gummy Connoisseur lol

the empty bags i saved with my trip souvenirs:

so i wanted to basically send you funds and/or treats from the US to trade for some more FUN MIX :inlove: /rock
and of course i would surely also compensate for a pussy hat thrown in if you felt inclined /blush

so yeah, that's my proposition!

//giggles & scampers away
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:27 am

by the way...

WELCOME TO THE ARTIST PINK!!!!

(sun) (sun) (sun) :heart: (sun) (sun) (sun)
Gwenno
Amigwenumi

Postby Gwenno » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:28 pm

Whoohoo!!!
I think you are on to something. Let me check shipping fees ect this week.

On to my current obsession. Dollhouse funniture. It has kept me from crocheting and breaking down this last week.
Working on 2 bunkbeds 1:24 scale. I' m on a learning curve here but pretty satisfied about what I'Ve done so far. Pics later can not get tinypic to work on my phone
Image Image
Image Image
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:00 pm

:-D omg i'm waking up to this post today....you just made my morning, luv. thank you for being open to the idea!

yeah, if your overseas postage is anything like ours has become, it will serve me well as someone with amazingly inexpensive taste when it comes to the treats i crave :giggle: please, no rush at all on your end...take your time..

ok back on topic:

Dollhouse furniture! one of my bff's / old college roommates was an interior designer obsessed with miniatures and she would build the smallest scale models she could. it started to fascinate me because i absolutely LOVE sculpture, and eventually i started to help her make the furnishings that would go inside the homes she'd design. i really got into it! in fact, it was back in the late 90's that i first learned about "extruders", the precursor to 3-D printers, where you could design a shape on the computer and a laser would cut it out of whatever material you wanted to use. you'd then assemble the shapes, paint, & finish. oh boy if i was a rich person i would totally have one and whip up all kinds of wild little things like that.

can't wait to see your pics! (sun)
Gwenno
Amigwenumi

Postby Gwenno » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:00 am

I'm this far on my bunk beds, made of, popsicle sticks, stirring sticks, cakepop sticks and a little bit of cardboard. Watching youtube helped a lot. Watching all the tutorials works strangely relaxing. the bunk beds were made after seeing these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVi0pSqArA8&t=140s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0Jc52MUkzI&t=219s

And I did make a photo of another crochet piece that was still in the living room (not in Jesse's room lol)
this little one I started from a pattern, but I disagreed. A bee should have 6 legs (not 4) and it should have a pointy backside, so I fixed that.

Image Image
Image Image
Gwenno
Amigwenumi

Postby Gwenno » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:13 am

NaranjaRa wrote::-D omg i'm waking up to this post today....you just made my morning, luv. thank you for being open to the idea!

yeah, if your overseas postage is anything like ours has become, it will serve me well as someone with amazingly inexpensive taste when it comes to the treats i crave :giggle: please, no rush at all on your end...take your time..

ok back on topic:

Dollhouse furniture! one of my bff's / old college roommates was an interior designer obsessed with miniatures and she would build the smallest scale models she could. it started to fascinate me because i absolutely LOVE sculpture, and eventually i started to help her make the furnishings that would go inside the homes she'd design. i really got into it! in fact, it was back in the late 90's that i first learned about "extruders", the precursor to 3-D printers, where you could design a shape on the computer and a laser would cut it out of whatever material you wanted to use. you'd then assemble the shapes, paint, & finish. oh boy if i was a rich person i would totally have one and whip up all kinds of wild little things like that.

can't wait to see your pics! (sun)

Ofc you feel me!
I first got into it 3 years ago, Jesse really wanted a dollhouse and we didn't have the money. Youtube and pinterest weren't the tutorial recourses they are now, so I winged it with cardboard, newspapers and glue. With also no idea of scales, dimensions ect. I bought some puzzle with furniture and bought some playmobile furniture at a flee market. I just did it LOL. And 3 years later, it's still standing. His playmobile family has grown a LOT, there are not enough beds and I like challenging myself. Then I found a lot of AWESOME tutorials on youtube, and I got lost and all exited. Even Jesse started building a room last Wednesday, watching the youtube tutorials makes him happy, he says. Anyway, I'm just practicing different skills, to start on the real wooden house I have in a closet now. My bff gifted it to me, after buying new ones for her girls. Being the perfectionist that I can sometimes be, I need to test stuff out first before I get to the real thing.
And bonus, If I really can't, in 1,5 mnt there is a Dollhouse fair right here in Arnhem! Yay!!
I'm still collecting materials for free, like I need to borrow a handsaw and stuff from Mike's dad, and I need little hinges I could get off off cigarboxes. I just don't smoke cigars. That way I can make doors that open and close. Like I said, my current obsession.

And you hijacked my sig?? <3
Image Image
Image Image
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:05 pm

yeah man back in the day when i was all crafty we would've had a blast making stuff together. sounds exactly like the kind of things i would get into...as well as the improvisation and well, ingenuity with available materials.

when i got in to college i studied photography but never felt like The Photographic Image had to be the end-all result. the medium felt like it could just be part of a larger process, so i started making things out of the photos. it's hard to explain, and unfortunately i don't have any...photos....of my photos.... :giggle:

but oh man the real fun came when my mom was cleaning out the attic and brought me some boxes of old toys & odds & ends, and random strangeness from my childhood. i started cutting apart rubber dragons and other creatures, assembling their limbs onto jars and other containers, filling the jars with weird stuff like feathers or tiny fish-hooks, then when i had a small army of them i'd pose them around and take pictures. then i would show up to one of my photo classes, set my creatures up all over the floor and each one would be holding or doing something with the photo of itself.

totally pissed my photo teachers off, too! one of them said i was a " sculptor trapped in a photographer's body." i thought it was a blast, but apparently in art school of all places my work was still considered weird! /62

well now you've totally inspired me to start hunting for rubber toy animals at flea markets and saving up small glass containers again. i have not thought of those projects i did in, well, a couple of decades! there's no record of any of it left, as the little creations were accidentally destroyed in storage. this definitely means i should make new ones!

and maybe this time they need a house! hehehehehehe!!!
(sun) /star (sun)

Return to “Art and Editing”