Loving strength

Writers Rule... especially Ninja Writers.
Tahj Jones
the unproven

Postby Tahj Jones » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:34 am

This isn't weakness.
If you think so you've obviously never had to love when you wanted to hate.
Or laugh when you felt like crying.
Or forgive someone who wasn't sorry.
That is strength.
Walking through a sea of people on a daily basis knowing that if they really knew you, they would hate you.
Not because you're a bad person or because you hurt anybody but simply because the very idea of you and what you are undermines everything they have known their entire existence. Cognitive dissonance in that case is deadly. I live my truth through brutality, threats of violence, family discourse, lifelong friends turning into enemies and past lovers embarrassed by my presence. I walk in my truth in a town where I am single, solitaire the only one.... the freak ....the weirdo.... the it.... the heshe.... the dude with the boobs. The girl with the beard. Yet I stand firmly in my truth walking with my head high on my shoulders and I am loved from the inside out. That is true strength.....this is not weakness.... this is not giving up....this is not taking the easy way out.. this is pure unadulterated power.
*Tahj*
ImmaculateStiletto
ninja with training wheels

Postby ImmaculateStiletto » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:09 am

I absolutely love this!
Have a Blessed Day
Hugs N Kisses :)
PhlawlessPhelon
phrankly phenomenal

Postby PhlawlessPhelon » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:31 pm

Good share.

Tahj Jones wrote:Not because you're a bad person or because you hurt anybody but simply because the very idea of you and what you are undermines everything they have known their entire existence.

This is a powerful line in my opinion.
-Master of all things pherret related
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Zansi'Vara
Dark Horse of many truths

Postby Zansi'Vara » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:57 am

Your words echo the frustration and strength you have encumbered through a life of isolation and hardships. They speak a truth that is often lost to the noise of life, but are important to hear. Nice work.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ghostdogg
Rewind. Spit. Scratch. See Heaven.

Re: Loving strength

Postby ghostdogg » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:48 pm

Very powerful <3
AliceElite
//wrestles darkness...WINS!

Postby AliceElite » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:46 pm

"or forgive someone who wasn't sorry" this hit me really hard.

I don't know if maybe the formatting is messed up on mobile, but I can't really tell if this is poetry or prose - either way, it's very moving, and would make a GREAT poem if that's the direction you wanted to take. There's lot of duality here - the kindness towards people who don't deserve it, walking your truth being something strong when you're perceived as weak, and the transphobic views of nonbinary (or at least non-cis) gender experiences. Lots of great basis to work on if you want to refine this! <3
ravenrussell
Keeper of Dark Mysteries..

Postby ravenrussell » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:55 am

I love the subject matter. Truly, I do. As a reader though, I don't like being told I've never felt like you. The beginning part assumes that no one else has felt those things. Maybe taking "you" out might change that. Giving that "you" a character name, or some other reference point, would enhance the reading for me. I'm also confused by "Walking through a sea of people on a daily basis knowing that if they really knew you, they would hate you. Not because you're a bad person or because you hurt anybody but simply because the very idea of you and what you are undermines everything they have known their entire existence." I get those lines in and of themselves, but when combined with the rest of the prose, it confuses me. You're saying, I think, that they hate you because of external reasons, but the confusion for me is in the fact that you say if 'they really knew you, they would hate you.' If they're prejudging you on your appearance, but you are beautiful on the inside, then I don't get the afforementioned line. Please don't take this post as an insult. I will read anything you post and absorb it. It's great to hear a new voice on Ninja, and I encourage you to read my poems. You can be equally as critical of my works, in fact I hope you will be.

Please, never stop writing the pain.
Not many are heard from with your voice and talent.
Love and Peace,
Peace to all.
-Raven
Orea
Viva La Résistance

Re:

Postby Orea » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:51 am

Tahj Jones wrote:this is not taking the easy way out.. this is pure unadulterated power.

You got that right.

Powerful read. It resonated.
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Re:

Postby ink » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:12 pm

i echo everyone else. "powerful!" all of it. thanks for sharing this.

Tahj Jones wrote:This isn't weakness.
If you think so you've obviously never had to love when you wanted to hate.
Or laugh when you felt like crying.
Or forgive someone who wasn't sorry.
That is strength.
Walking through a sea of people on a daily basis knowing that if they really knew you, they would hate you.
Not because you're a bad person or because you hurt anybody but simply because the very idea of you and what you are undermines everything they have known their entire existence....

this is a hard truth. one, that i find similar parallels to, in my own life. gives me pause! again, thank you

*and by all means.. continue to write
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

Return to “Literature”