Might aswell have a go

Writers Rule... especially Ninja Writers.
Psy
Neck Veins & Deep Inner Bellows...

Postby Psy » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:21 pm

By the year 2045 most people had come to accept that the everyday man would live to become at least 120years old, the advancements in bio-tech from the adaptation of Bio-Engineered crops to the advent of spliced genomes that both increase the nutritional value but also contain the same genes found in crops that improved health in general. As the notion that you are what you eat had been ingrained for the past 100 years into the psyche of every man, woman and child in the Western World.

By now, the world was divided into three chunks, the ones who had integrated Renewable Energies as a stepping stone to the ultimate goal of nuclear fusion. Those who were still clinging on to the notion that whilst Fossil Fuels were drastically more efficient as a fuel source and any person could consume them, that they were the future. The third group were the opportunists, that took advantage of the push towards a global technocracy. Whilst officially there were no more nation states, that evolutionary blockade of social maximums was still a barrier to true globalisation. Without the advent of AI or inter-cranial networking, there was no current way to escape the genetic flaw that stopped humanity from being able to comprehend it's enormous population on a social level. Increasing tribalism, less from country to country as it was in the earlier part of the century but more geared towards the ancient ways of village based tribalism.

Whilst connected like never before and divided also.

It's during this era that mankind has found itself at a tipping point. From the worldwide conflicts of 2002-2028 where the focus was on ethnicity and the archaic notion of higher powers to the fossil fuel and forestry crises of 2022 and 2034 respectively. The choice was either to wholly embrace artificial melding and for the first time ever, discover the possibilities of shared consciousness and answer the question on whether what we perceive is reality. Or to fracture even further, re-draw those nation lines but on a much grander scale. With microcosms at every turn, splitting, dividing, tearing the fabric of the modernised society mankind had both adopted and also criticised.

Whilst the ideals of privacy had been all but extinguished over the previous years from the increased surveillance that had led to the scrapping of Democracy, Oligarchy's and Despotism, with all eyes facing forward. Looking towards the gleaming promise that is a Technocracy. Most people had high hopes for the birth of a new political, economical and social system. Years of sci-fi had conditioned the Western World to dream of a Star-Trek like Solar System, whilst the Southern world had blended ideals and fears of both the West and East. The Eastern World was a fusion of Scientific ambition and a longing for the traditional ways of their ancestors.

Deus Ex, 1984 or Star Trek. The way of the human condition was the only thing that could swing the planetary ecosystem one way or the others.
Psy

Postby Psy » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:32 pm

In summary, writing bollocks is easy.
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:35 pm

Interesting setting, now give me characters and a story I care about and you might actually have something... ;)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
Psy

Postby Psy » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:13 am

Feydakin wrote:Interesting setting, now give me characters and a story I care about and you might actually have something... ;)

That'd mean actually thinking more than once about something.

Fuck that shit.
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:04 am

hahahhahaha

//claps

you're in here!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:17 am

curious read, echo feyd's suggestion.. drop in some meat and potatoes and you are there :D

but then.. repetitive thinking and all :lol:
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

AliceElite
//wrestles darkness...WINS!

Postby AliceElite » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:11 pm

If you don't write this novel I'm going to.

:P

<3 Come visit us more.
Psy

Postby Psy » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:26 pm

AliceElite wrote:If you don't write this novel I'm going to.

:P

<3 Come visit us more.

Go ahead, I get bored very quickly. I prefer to think and talk about the practicalities. That might have been the closest I had to trying when writing. Trying not to turn it into a dissertation.
AliceElite
//wrestles darkness...WINS!

Postby AliceElite » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:15 pm

Yeahhhhh and frame it from a campaign perspective. Mannnnnnn I AM SO ABOUT THIS.
Manhal
ninja with training wheels

Re: Might aswell have a go

Postby Manhal » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:24 pm

That was really good. Really good.
I am only here a short time. Inshalla khair :) I love you all.

Return to “Literature”