The Heros Journey

Writers Rule... especially Ninja Writers.
Syreeta
grasshopper

Postby Syreeta » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:38 am

http://www.thewritersjourney.com/hero%27s_journey.htm

I'm re tapping into this and finding it really helpfull a guide for writing and life right now, I'm coming through ressurection into the final stages ..fingers crossed!

Thought I would share this link, on this forum, as its a good little succinct guide.
Zansi'Vara
Dark Horse of many truths

Postby Zansi'Vara » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:55 am

I love this story pattern. I am a part of a writing/larping workshop group called EpicWrite that takes inspiration from the Hero's Journey heavily.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Syreeta
grasshopper

Postby Syreeta » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:33 am

That sounds awesome!!! Zansi'vara..meow! cute pussy cat!!!

I love it too, its helpfull
Zansi'Vara

Postby Zansi'Vara » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:21 am

It's a ton of fun. We get to run around acting as a character we make up, and have a series of crazy improvised LARP scenes and boffer fights, then go in after each scene and write out what happened. The scenes are always based around the progression of the Hero's Journey, even if every step isn't used. Basically, my favorite characters I've ever made have come out of EpicWrite. Lol
ImageImage
ImageImage
Syreeta
grasshopper

Postby Syreeta » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:04 pm

I'm playing the Mad Hatter this weekend...I love costumes, even by myself...:)
Zansi'Vara

Postby Zansi'Vara » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:15 pm

For sure. My favorite character is named Insanity. He's an AI personality in an android body created by a genius inventor and engineer to house his consciousness so he could continue his life's work. It was the ninth series of robotic AI he had created, and it was originally called Mk IX, Immortality. However, he did not predict that he would die during the procedure, and have many of his memories corrupted in the process. The result was Insanity, a genius, volatile, agile, functionally immortal AI who travels the universe looking for things that interest him.

He's so much fun.
ImageImage
ImageImage
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:21 pm

oh i love this post...this subject matter as a whole, and definitely am a long-time student of Campbell.
i've been playing with archetypes in my visual work since i can remember, so i wish to add that these concepts translate through any medium, really. not just written word.

but overall what a great framework for new initiates....
Syreeta
grasshopper

Postby Syreeta » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:08 pm

Absolutely I agree!!

I'm really into this too and have had giant syncs this week regarding this work.

I'm also exploring allways,..alter ego, muse, and such...these can be very real ways to tap into our own gifts and make them phsyical.

As long as you don't get 'lost' in the muse or alter ego that is.

I've seen that happen where people give too much energy to a persona and lose their 'person'. In this day and age its really a minefield as the internet makes that all too easy to do.

People, human and divine, frail and strong, ..spirit and flesh,..are allways the best bit...thats where the good stuff lays,.... in the person. Grounded into being. Walking their talk. Striving to be true to one self.

in my opinion..:)
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:00 pm

Syreeta wrote:I've seen that happen where people give too much energy to a persona and lose their 'person'. In this day and age its really a minefield as the internet makes that all too easy to do.

truth my sister. however, i believe the people who tend to get a little lost in others are not at a point where they are strong with themselves in the first place. when you haven't yet come to terms with your own true self you end up vulnerable to allowing your identity to shift and manipulate based on someone else. people shouldn't get "lost" in someone else. they should meet on common ground and it should be a symbiotic exchange, so each person gives a little part and receives a little part that is then incorporated into the whole-self.

and relationships tend to cease when we find that we no longer have anything to teach or learn from each other.

just my take. :)

Syreeta wrote:People, human and divine, frail and strong, ..spirit and flesh,..are allways the best bit...thats where the good stuff lays,.... in the person. Grounded into being. Walking their talk. Striving to be true to one self.

in my opinion..:)

it's when we stop trying to figure ourselves out - that's when we stop really BEING.
Manhal
ninja with training wheels

Re: The Heros Journey

Postby Manhal » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:18 am

I really liked this, and I have never seen it before. Really inspiring. I am trying to write more, and this is a perfect starting place for a short story. Thank you so much for this!
I am only here a short time. Inshalla khair :) I love you all.

Return to “Literature”