He Loves Me Not

Writers Rule... especially Ninja Writers.
betweenraindrops
the unproven

He Loves Me Not

Postby betweenraindrops » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:46 am

You scream only on the inside for fear of being detected as bruised and broken. Silence; your one companion.

He came into your life with a purpose. He listened, lifted those burdens, encouraged and even provided comic relief to explain you matter despite the failures and agonies which ensued.

For a moment the weight of the world is lessened. For a moment, you don't see anyone else save him. However, the miraculous moment you've been cleared to stand up again, he recites the goodbye blues. In that moment and many after you're on quicksand once again.

Something happened along the way and you whisper that it has to be love.

Now you scream on the outside for fear of being unheard, for losing him and being ripped apart. Hysteria; now becoming the companion.

You want him, the one whose wisdom has known many years. You want that sense of compassion, the feeling of home. You do not think of those transactions made for months.

Once you're manic again and go under he finally hits you by quoting it to have been 'a job'; his sworn duty. Alas, your feelings were mistaken for something bigger than they could actually be.

"It's not love," he whispers. "It's transference."
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Re: He Loves Me Not

Postby NaranjaRa » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:53 am

a powerful declaration of that loss...i think we can all relate to varying degrees
yet there is this curtain of mystery around this prose that i really feel around me, and i enjoy this as it does not happen often

betweenraindrops wrote:Alas, your feelings were mistaken for something bigger than they could actually be.

this line will continue to stay with me...

/nod
betweenraindrops
the unproven

Postby betweenraindrops » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:55 am

Thank you! :heart:
Do you suppose psychiatrists ever feel the effect of transference themselves? It takes a lot of patience and time to heal and get their patients better, so I wonder if they misinterpret the situation as often as their clients do..
Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:07 pm

Ouch! From the very first line I felt that poem. Well done, I really dig it! I've never had an experience like that before but I feel as though I can understand what it must be like after reading your work. Great job,

You reminded me of a 'Failure' song called 'The Nurse Who Loved Me'.

betweenraindrops
the unproven

Postby betweenraindrops » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:20 am

Thank you so much <3 , and btw I love That band!
3 Libras got me hooked though I can't rmbr which album it was in. eMotive perhaps? or was that the album of covers?
Ugh off to Google I go :D

Return to “Literature”