Weekly Writing Prompt - #3

Writers Rule... especially Ninja Writers.
User avatar
AliceElite
//wrestles darkness...WINS!
Posts: 607
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:54 am

Postby AliceElite » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:32 pm


Hello! It is that time again.


So, I'm changing it up a teeeeeeeeny bit - after the week is over, I am going to leave the thread open, but put contributions in this OP under spoilers for each person who shared their writing with us - I want us to be able to discuss what we're writing after the week is over and I want to highlight those who shared their work in the OP. So there's still a time limit, but I'm hoping we'll be able to talk a little more about our craft this way.

1. No plagiarizing - even yourself.
2. Must address the prompt, however you interpret it.



You are an alien. You visited earth when humans had a simple hunter/gatherer life, and decided to return once they had become 'civilized' but you overshot the mark by 100 years - describe your return visit.



Aaaaaaand - GO!
Image
User avatar
AliceElite
//wrestles darkness...WINS!
Posts: 607
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:54 am

Postby AliceElite » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:33 pm

//reserved for when I'm out of work!
Image
User avatar
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!
Posts: 2006
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:13 am

Postby Phara » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:12 pm

OOoOOoOOoOhhhh... excited. (sun)
Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image

Image Image
Azealdread
NinjaCrafted
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:15 am

Postby Azealdread » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:57 pm

"Damn!" I yelled at the screen as my hand pressed down on the cold metal surface below me. "How could i be so stupid as to be off on my calculations...i knew i should not of slept for so long." I sighed swiping away the screen in front of my face and looking out at the orb floating in space before me. My ship had started its orbit around the blue,green planet already and well i knew already the time table i had set to return here was about 100 years in the past. I puffed out my chest and let out a heavy breath of air, I had sampled this planets atmosphere long ago and brought it along with me so i could be ready to land on the surface once more. This air however burned all four of my lungs as i felt a shudder go down my spine. Turning my head i raised my hand and pulled up another screen to my side. "hmm, scanners say that there is life on this planet, much like before.." I paused and tapped the screen with my finger, as if it would give me more information. "Millions of years of inventing and this is all you can tell me?" Annoyed with the screen i tossed it away and pull my body from the captains chair, and reached over to start the landing process. "Warning, landing on this planet is not permitted, by way of law all unknown planets are off limits until a survey team is sent to it." A soft womanly voice chimed in through the speakers in my craft as i let out a hearty laugh. "You seriously think i don't already know this planet?!" i shot back at the voice. It would never respond to me of course but i got some form of enjoyment out of it. a heavy thud and clank of metal let me know that the ship had entered the atmosphere as i turned to look out the large window past the captains chair. My eyes opened wide in wonderment. "It's so green...and yet i though there was life here, and an abundant amount at that?" I questioned my own thoughts as the ship took a moment to land close to the nearest life form. "Oh? I suppose i could just go see for my self want has happened. " I turned and walked back to the rear of the ship, its cargo bay was just about the only thing that was big enough to allow me to exit without sitting down and waiting for a door to open. My hand reached out to a large button and slapped it down on its circuits, the slow creaking sound of gears were soon drowned out by the heavy rush of water on my face. "Oh for the love of all! why did you park me under water!!!" i exclaimed loudly as i quickly ducked out of the bay and out into what seemed to be a lake. As i stood my chest let the water roll down and meet the surface with a rush of waves. My eyes wondered down to the lush green land on the edge of the lake. "I forgot how much larger i am on this planet..it seems so odd to see things so tiny in a wonder so green." Pulling my wrist close to my face i examined a screen as it showed a radar of the area. multiple dots of the screen showed to be moving in on me and as far as i could see at that time it seemed they weren't moving fast. A long sigh passed my lips as i look in their direction a huge white light was cast into my eyes, only to be covered by my hands. "Do you come in peace!?" a frail voice spoke as i groaned at the light. "I do if you turn the light off me!" i shouted, and could hear the rustle of trees bending at the loud boom of my voice. "clam down! clam down! we are sorry about the light!" a loud speaker seemed to be booming their voice as well. the light dimmed down and i was able to see once more. though my eyes seemed to trick me as before me were clean ape like things, well cleaner than before. Each wore a robe of sorts and they seemed to vary in color, shape, size. I was baffled to say the least. However, confusion showed on my face as i looked at them. "Who are you, what are you?" I questioned the squishy looking beings below me. They chatted among them selves for a moment, i suppose to decide who would talk this time. After a time one stepped forward and lifted off the hood of its robe. "We are humans, and this is our home, earth..or it was, might we ask who you are?" I smirked down at them and shook my head. "no you may not, however you already know i am not from here. Now with that out of the way, what do you me by "was" and what happened here? " i moved my body so i could sit in the water, creating a small wave as the humans gasped at this i let out a small laugh. "you are sure easy to scare i will say that." the unhooded one took another step forward, his eyes looked pained, and his grey long hair showed he did not have much time left in this world. "Long ago, the world was at peace, or a form of it as all major powers on earth had said they would never go to war again. " he paused and looked to the sky. "Two of those powers, Russia and United states, suddenly dropped away from that peace, each claiming they were trying to protect the other powers. Weapons of mass death were used by both sides and thus the age of death was born here on earth, many had seen this coming however. The smaller powers created ships as quickly as they could to leave the broken planet behind.." the old man let his head fall as i leaned forward in order to hear better. "But those two powers believed no one would be safe in space, and so those ships were shot down and all who wanted to leave were hunted down as well. this went on for many years until both sides used their most powerful weapons, things called nukes..these destroyed everything and anything in their way. " By now the old man was out of breath and another person stepped forward, removing their hood and showing the face of a woman. "Please allow me to continue..my father has not much strength left ." He eyes seemed to plead with me as i nodded, entranced by the beauty of such a small thing. "This was all many years ago, this earth was dying and what people were left took shelter in the mountains for the first 90 years, many died because of the after effects of those nukes..however the few that did live, were changed in odd ways as if the earth had accepted us to become its new holders or caretakers..so far we are just 100 left of the billions of people who used to live of this world..and we have only just begun once more to learn about this new earth that stands before us. " she bowed softly to me as i shook my head down at them. "100...you mean to say that you are all that is left and you all came out to see me?" A look of sadness came over their faces as i spoke. "we.." the woman spoke up once more. "we hopped you were a ship that had escaped and come home to help us. " I sighed lightly as i reached into my ship below the water and pulled out small platform, placing it on the ground before them i pointed down to it. "This platform will let you enter my ship, and you will be able to leave this world, never to come back, but i warn you that once you get on the way of life you had before will never be the same. " the crowd gasped as some started crying. I held up my hand as they grew silent. "You destroyed this once amazing planet with such potential like i had never seen before, and yet i give you a chance to prove you will not do it again, i did not come here to kill you, or even save you as i expected the seed i planted so long ago would help your kind to come within the stars, and perhaps one day we would have met out there. Now however i see what those of the past have done here and i am saddened, the earth is saddened, so come with me for now and learn how to take care of her. Return when you think you are worthy of such a world once more. " i huffed as i let the air sit for a moment with my word, this vist had turned out to be far more than i wanted it to be... The woman stepped forward and took her place on the platform as i leaned down to look at her. "you have chosen to come then? " she smiled and reached her hand up to touch the side of my large face. "for the future of earth, I will come with you to learn." I smiled down at her as the rest of her people joined her on the platform and i leaned back away from them and reach down to lift the platform up in the air. "Come then humans, It's time you learned a lesson or two."

end


I hope this works :s
Image
User avatar
ravenrussell
Keeper of Dark Mysteries..
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:16 am
Location: Walking the Road
Contact:

Postby ravenrussell » Tue May 03, 2016 6:51 am

I tried working on this weekly prompt. I spent a lot of time trying to perfect this poem, but didn't quite accomplish it. Here's what I have so far.

"Utopian Veins Cry For Disease"
This place
where pneumococcal pneumonia
is a pleasure drug.

This town
where tuberculosis is freebased
with a tutor.

This dome
where drugs are distant dreams
and diseases are the new doom.

This is home
after temporal mechanics
Left me broken down and shifty.

All my haphazard gene splicing.
All the mutations that went wrong.
The wacky distraction
of puncturing the farmers.
Creating holes in their skin
to push medicine from within.

They said that government
created crack to stop movement,
but what I meant, whilst
sleeping south of abandonment,
was to create a serum
that bell rang the lot of them.
Open mouths dropping laudanum.
Desperate souls wapping amphetamine.

These emotions,
now edicted by Emotars.
Controlled substances gone.

Cancer, the newest cure,
to the cold reality
of cocaine's absence.

These satisfactions sickening.
Left-wing conjoined
with right-wing.

Emotions are in check.
Emotars rule with iron fists.
Lists of crime dwindling.

Utopian minded citizens,
denizens of normalcy.
Democracy given up on.

Emotars sheathed in dusk.
The dying and diseased
rise in waves of vomit.

The temples fall to the infirmed.
Determined carriers of viruses
awaken in cold sweaty throngs.

They gave up on drugs.
Shooting epidemics long gone
into their too healthy utopian veins.

By: Russell Jay Keenan
5/2/2016
Peace to all.
-Raven
Image
Ron
grasshopper
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:32 am
Location: Bubbles just kind of stuck...

Postby Ron » Sun May 08, 2016 1:53 am

ravenrussell wrote:I tried working on this weekly prompt. I spent a lot of time trying to perfect this poem, but didn't quite accomplish it. Here's what I have so far.

"Utopian Veins Cry For Disease"
This place
where pneumococcal pneumonia
is a pleasure drug.

This town
where tuberculosis is freebased
with a tutor.

This dome
where drugs are distant dreams
and diseases are the new doom.

This is home
after temporal mechanics
Left me broken down and shifty.

All my haphazard gene splicing.
All the mutations that went wrong.
The wacky distraction
of puncturing the farmers.
Creating holes in their skin
to push medicine from within.

They said that government
created crack to stop movement,
but what I meant, whilst
sleeping south of abandonment,
was to create a serum
that bell rang the lot of them.
Open mouths dropping laudanum.
Desperate souls wapping amphetamine.

These emotions,
now edicted by Emotars.
Controlled substances gone.

Cancer, the newest cure,
to the cold reality
of cocaine's absence.

These satisfactions sickening.
Left-wing conjoined
with right-wing.

Emotions are in check.
Emotars rule with iron fists.
Lists of crime dwindling.

Utopian minded citizens,
denizens of normalcy.
Democracy given up on.

Emotars sheathed in dusk.
The dying and diseased
rise in waves of vomit.

The temples fall to the infirmed.
Determined carriers of viruses
awaken in cold sweaty throngs.

They gave up on drugs.
Shooting epidemics long gone
into their too healthy utopian veins.

By: Russell Jay Keenan
5/2/2016


Oh shit that's a clever take on the prompt. Well done mate, that's amazing.
Image
ImageImage
User avatar
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.
Posts: 856
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:21 pm
Location: Intermountain West

Postby cerrodepedro » Mon May 16, 2016 4:33 pm

I wish I had taken the time to contribute to this one, but wow, Azealdread and Raven Russell, these were amazing to read.
Once was lost and now am lost; was blind but now I smoke
Image
Image
User avatar
ravenrussell
Keeper of Dark Mysteries..
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:16 am
Location: Walking the Road
Contact:

Postby ravenrussell » Wed May 18, 2016 12:21 am

Azealdread, other than a few spelling errors, this was written well. Making separate paragraphs would make it easier to read. Thank you for sharing your piece...peace!
Peace to all.
-Raven
Image
Azealdread
NinjaCrafted
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:15 am

Postby Azealdread » Sun May 22, 2016 3:14 am

Thanks i will try to space it out next time, and thanks to everyone else! =D
Image
ImmaculateStiletto
ninja with training wheels
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:58 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Postby ImmaculateStiletto » Sun May 22, 2016 8:48 am

ravenrussell wrote:I tried working on this weekly prompt. I spent a lot of time trying to perfect this poem, but didn't quite accomplish it. Here's what I have so far.

"Utopian Veins Cry For Disease"
This place
where pneumococcal pneumonia
is a pleasure drug.

This town
where tuberculosis is freebased
with a tutor.

This dome
where drugs are distant dreams
and diseases are the new doom.

This is home
after temporal mechanics
Left me broken down and shifty.

All my haphazard gene splicing.
All the mutations that went wrong.
The wacky distraction
of puncturing the farmers.
Creating holes in their skin
to push medicine from within.

They said that government
created crack to stop movement,
but what I meant, whilst
sleeping south of abandonment,
was to create a serum
that bell rang the lot of them.
Open mouths dropping laudanum.
Desperate souls wapping amphetamine.

These emotions,
now edicted by Emotars.
Controlled substances gone.

Cancer, the newest cure,
to the cold reality
of cocaine's absence.

These satisfactions sickening.
Left-wing conjoined
with right-wing.

Emotions are in check.
Emotars rule with iron fists.
Lists of crime dwindling.

Utopian minded citizens,
denizens of normalcy.
Democracy given up on.

Emotars sheathed in dusk.
The dying and diseased
rise in waves of vomit.

The temples fall to the infirmed.
Determined carriers of viruses
awaken in cold sweaty throngs.

They gave up on drugs.
Shooting epidemics long gone
into their too healthy utopian veins.

By: Russell Jay Keenan
5/2/2016


AMAZING!!!!! I loved reading this and love that you made it a poem. Perfection is in the eye of the beholder and to me this is perfect.
Have a Blessed Day
Hugs N Kisses :)
Image
User avatar
ravenrussell
Keeper of Dark Mysteries..
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:16 am
Location: Walking the Road
Contact:

Re:

Postby ravenrussell » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:13 am

Azealdread wrote:"Damn!" I yelled at the screen as my hand pressed down on the cold metal surface below me. "How could i be so stupid as to be off on my calculations...i knew i should not of slept for so long." I sighed swiping away the screen in front of my face and looking out at the orb floating in space before me. My ship had started its orbit around the blue,green planet already and well i knew already the time table i had set to return here was about 100 years in the past. I puffed out my chest and let out a heavy breath of air, I had sampled this planets atmosphere long ago and brought it along with me so i could be ready to land on the surface once more. This air however burned all four of my lungs as i felt a shudder go down my spine. Turning my head i raised my hand and pulled up another screen to my side. "hmm, scanners say that there is life on this planet, much like before.." I paused and tapped the screen with my finger, as if it would give me more information. "Millions of years of inventing and this is all you can tell me?" Annoyed with the screen i tossed it away and pull my body from the captains chair, and reached over to start the landing process. "Warning, landing on this planet is not permitted, by way of law all unknown planets are off limits until a survey team is sent to it." A soft womanly voice chimed in through the speakers in my craft as i let out a hearty laugh. "You seriously think i don't already know this planet?!" i shot back at the voice. It would never respond to me of course but i got some form of enjoyment out of it. a heavy thud and clank of metal let me know that the ship had entered the atmosphere as i turned to look out the large window past the captains chair. My eyes opened wide in wonderment. "It's so green...and yet i though there was life here, and an abundant amount at that?" I questioned my own thoughts as the ship took a moment to land close to the nearest life form. "Oh? I suppose i could just go see for my self want has happened. " I turned and walked back to the rear of the ship, its cargo bay was just about the only thing that was big enough to allow me to exit without sitting down and waiting for a door to open. My hand reached out to a large button and slapped it down on its circuits, the slow creaking sound of gears were soon drowned out by the heavy rush of water on my face. "Oh for the love of all! why did you park me under water!!!" i exclaimed loudly as i quickly ducked out of the bay and out into what seemed to be a lake. As i stood my chest let the water roll down and meet the surface with a rush of waves. My eyes wondered down to the lush green land on the edge of the lake. "I forgot how much larger i am on this planet..it seems so odd to see things so tiny in a wonder so green." Pulling my wrist close to my face i examined a screen as it showed a radar of the area. multiple dots of the screen showed to be moving in on me and as far as i could see at that time it seemed they weren't moving fast. A long sigh passed my lips as i look in their direction a huge white light was cast into my eyes, only to be covered by my hands. "Do you come in peace!?" a frail voice spoke as i groaned at the light. "I do if you turn the light off me!" i shouted, and could hear the rustle of trees bending at the loud boom of my voice. "clam down! clam down! we are sorry about the light!" a loud speaker seemed to be booming their voice as well. the light dimmed down and i was able to see once more. though my eyes seemed to trick me as before me were clean ape like things, well cleaner than before. Each wore a robe of sorts and they seemed to vary in color, shape, size. I was baffled to say the least. However, confusion showed on my face as i looked at them. "Who are you, what are you?" I questioned the squishy looking beings below me. They chatted among them selves for a moment, i suppose to decide who would talk this time. After a time one stepped forward and lifted off the hood of its robe. "We are humans, and this is our home, earth..or it was, might we ask who you are?" I smirked down at them and shook my head. "no you may not, however you already know i am not from here. Now with that out of the way, what do you me by "was" and what happened here? " i moved my body so i could sit in the water, creating a small wave as the humans gasped at this i let out a small laugh. "you are sure easy to scare i will say that." the unhooded one took another step forward, his eyes looked pained, and his grey long hair showed he did not have much time left in this world. "Long ago, the world was at peace, or a form of it as all major powers on earth had said they would never go to war again. " he paused and looked to the sky. "Two of those powers, Russia and United states, suddenly dropped away from that peace, each claiming they were trying to protect the other powers. Weapons of mass death were used by both sides and thus the age of death was born here on earth, many had seen this coming however. The smaller powers created ships as quickly as they could to leave the broken planet behind.." the old man let his head fall as i leaned forward in order to hear better. "But those two powers believed no one would be safe in space, and so those ships were shot down and all who wanted to leave were hunted down as well. this went on for many years until both sides used their most powerful weapons, things called nukes..these destroyed everything and anything in their way. " By now the old man was out of breath and another person stepped forward, removing their hood and showing the face of a woman. "Please allow me to continue..my father has not much strength left ." He eyes seemed to plead with me as i nodded, entranced by the beauty of such a small thing. "This was all many years ago, this earth was dying and what people were left took shelter in the mountains for the first 90 years, many died because of the after effects of those nukes..however the few that did live, were changed in odd ways as if the earth had accepted us to become its new holders or caretakers..so far we are just 100 left of the billions of people who used to live of this world..and we have only just begun once more to learn about this new earth that stands before us. " she bowed softly to me as i shook my head down at them. "100...you mean to say that you are all that is left and you all came out to see me?" A look of sadness came over their faces as i spoke. "we.." the woman spoke up once more. "we hopped you were a ship that had escaped and come home to help us. " I sighed lightly as i reached into my ship below the water and pulled out small platform, placing it on the ground before them i pointed down to it. "This platform will let you enter my ship, and you will be able to leave this world, never to come back, but i warn you that once you get on the way of life you had before will never be the same. " the crowd gasped as some started crying. I held up my hand as they grew silent. "You destroyed this once amazing planet with such potential like i had never seen before, and yet i give you a chance to prove you will not do it again, i did not come here to kill you, or even save you as i expected the seed i planted so long ago would help your kind to come within the stars, and perhaps one day we would have met out there. Now however i see what those of the past have done here and i am saddened, the earth is saddened, so come with me for now and learn how to take care of her. Return when you think you are worthy of such a world once more. " i huffed as i let the air sit for a moment with my word, this vist had turned out to be far more than i wanted it to be... The woman stepped forward and took her place on the platform as i leaned down to look at her. "you have chosen to come then? " she smiled and reached her hand up to touch the side of my large face. "for the future of earth, I will come with you to learn." I smiled down at her as the rest of her people joined her on the platform and i leaned back away from them and reach down to lift the platform up in the air. "Come then humans, It's time you learned a lesson or two."

end


I hope this works :s


I finally just read this in its entirety. I love the build up. I love the implied tension without forthrightly saying it. Beautiful. Write more, I want to read. <3
Peace to all.
-Raven
Image
User avatar
ravenrussell
Keeper of Dark Mysteries..
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:16 am
Location: Walking the Road
Contact:

Weekly Writing Prompt - #4

Postby ravenrussell » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:14 pm

Weekly Writing Prompt #4-

1. No plagiarizing - even yourself.
2. New writing and ideas are what we crave.
3. Must address the prompt, however you interpret it.
4. Any form of writing accepted. (hopefully not all emojis, lol)

Here it is, the grand unveiling
/flame /flame /flame
"You look up at the mirror in front of you, and you don't recognize who it is. You've aged 20 years overnight. What are your deepest thoughts about on day one of this situation?"

//Post answers as replies to this thread.
Peace to all.
-Raven
Image
User avatar
rc44
ninja with training wheels
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:50 am

Re: Weekly Writing Prompt - #3

Postby rc44 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:37 am

LETTERS OF DAYDREAMING FROM THE DUET

"What in the actual fuck" uttered Thomas. As he continued to examine the face in the mirror, all he could focus on was the tired eyes that now stared back at him. His thoughts raced with intrigue but at the same time telling him that something drastically had happened. He slowly shut the mirror to gather his thoughts and he spoke aloud "Is this a dream world, is this the place she told me about" Thomas slowly gathered his breath and counted to five in his head, his hand felt numb as he opened the mirror again and those same tired eyes stared back at him with wonder. " You do not have to be afraid Thomas, this is the place we've talked about.

How did I get here and what has brought me here
It was all true, she said if we shut our eyes when the moon light hit it would happen
But how, the space around me remains the same, the broken window still gave way to the cold air
Am I still alive
Is this another world or is this the magic she had talked about
It's as though I see my own soul, my deepest secrets in front of me to judge
has time just passed or is the secret out?
she told me it would be a dream, but this reflection is afraid, unrecognizable
I know I made the mistake but is this my punishment? will the faces along my route recognize this face?
Fuck, I am frozen, what was the last thing she said, I don't remember seeing the light
Jesus, will Lany recognize me, she's only six and I am her normal
she needs me
she loves me but how can I explain
my hands cup the cold water and I splash it to my face, remember to breath, remember what she said
don't give into the impulse, don't listen to the voice
death is this reflection and no longer is welcome here

Thomas opened the door slowly and everything was full of warm colours.
The air had a fresh scent but an old familiar taste
the guilt wore off slowly as he stepped into the new world
he would be forever be invisible,
just like he was yesterday,
just like he is today
just like he will be
tomorrow
User avatar
betweenraindrops
the unproven
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:01 am

Re: Weekly Writing Prompt - #3

Postby betweenraindrops » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:20 am

There's just this one line which keeps haunting me.

Nobody knows there's a liar in my mirror.

Ive built my life around the lies I've told myself to get through the day without realising that they were becoming an extension of myself. I have become my own worst enemy, as these lies are slowly transforming into truths.

Look at me, there's still a spark in these eyes of mine but it's a long way home to the self I used to be. Where did I go? Why was I chosen to walk this earth? What have I done with my life that's worthy of applaud?

Nothing.

No, I can't undo the wreckage, I cannot change those decisions & I will never forgive myself for these demons I've created within.

I do believe and I think that's the only good thing I've ever been able to accomplish.

"I'll be fine," I whisper.

Nobody knows there's a liar in my mirror.
User avatar
ravenrussell
Keeper of Dark Mysteries..
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:16 am
Location: Walking the Road
Contact:

Re: Weekly Writing Prompt - #3

Postby ravenrussell » Thu May 04, 2017 11:45 pm

betweenraindrops wrote:There's just this one line which keeps haunting me.

Nobody knows there's a liar in my mirror.

Ive built my life around the lies I've told myself to get through the day without realising that they were becoming an extension of myself. I have become my own worst enemy, as these lies are slowly transforming into truths.

Look at me, there's still a spark in these eyes of mine but it's a long way home to the self I used to be. Where did I go? Why was I chosen to walk this earth? What have I done with my life that's worthy of applaud?

Nothing.

No, I can't undo the wreckage, I cannot change those decisions & I will never forgive myself for these demons I've created within.

I do believe and I think that's the only good thing I've ever been able to accomplish.

"I'll be fine," I whisper.

Nobody knows there's a liar in my mirror.


You wrote that on my birthday, I wish I would have read it then. Wonderful. I empAthize with you.
Peace to all.
-Raven
Image
User avatar
betweenraindrops
the unproven
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:01 am

Re: Weekly Writing Prompt - #3

Postby betweenraindrops » Wed May 10, 2017 12:34 pm

ravenrussell wrote:
betweenraindrops wrote:There's just this one line which keeps haunting me.

Nobody knows there's a liar in my mirror.

Ive built my life around the lies I've told myself to get through the day without realising that they were becoming an extension of myself. I have become my own worst enemy, as these lies are slowly transforming into truths.

Look at me, there's still a spark in these eyes of mine but it's a long way home to the self I used to be. Where did I go? Why was I chosen to walk this earth? What have I done with my life that's worthy of applaud?

Nothing.

No, I can't undo the wreckage, I cannot change those decisions & I will never forgive myself for these demons I've created within.

I do believe and I think that's the only good thing I've ever been able to accomplish.

"I'll be fine," I whisper.

Nobody knows there's a liar in my mirror.


You wrote that on my birthday, I wish I would have read it then. Wonderful. I empAthize with you.


Oh I had no idea, I hope you had a wonderful birthday! To be honest, I question mankind's need to lie to ones own self...
User avatar
ghostdogg
Rewind. Spit. Scratch. See Heaven.
Posts: 442
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:41 pm

Re: Weekly Writing Prompt - #3

Postby ghostdogg » Wed May 10, 2017 9:45 pm

@rc44 - very captivating! This work is not invisible.

@betweenraindrops - man, this brought a chill up my spine. Tx for sharing!

@Azealdread - wow, what a great concept. I think I'm just partial to this theme because it really stuck with me. I can't wait if theres a part two... let me know!

@ravenrussell - so profound, your rhythm and command of poetry is beautifully illustrated with this piece. The pace really flows and the breaks allow me to take it in.

What an amazing thread.

Return to “Literature”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests