Ninja Chain

Writers Rule... especially Ninja Writers.
AliceElite
//wrestles darkness...WINS!

Postby AliceElite » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:14 am

This is a communal writing prompt, and it functions like a chain: You use the previous post as your writing prompt, and you write the next 3-5 sentences of the story.

If one post gets two replies, the one that posted first is the next link.

I'll start!:

"And to think, if I had never met you I would never have had this amazing experience," she said, as she leaned precariously over the cliff's rocky precipice. "And now I won't have to grow old. Honestly, it's better to die young, I think - I mean 23 was my prime anyway and it's all downhill from here."
PhlawlessPhelon
phrankly phenomenal

Postby PhlawlessPhelon » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:40 am

like this?:

He listened as she spoke about things he pretended to care about. After checking his surroundings to ensure there were no potential witnesses, he pushed her with just enough force to send her flying headlong off the steep cliff. He chuckled and spoke aloud to himself, "well, it was a bit steeper than a hill, but you did die young and in your prime." He walked away nonchalantly wondering if he remembered to turn off the television before he had left home.
-Master of all things pherret related
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
TeaWrecks
ninja with training wheels

Postby TeaWrecks » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:35 pm

The horizon tilted jarringly as she listed forward, the forest treeline spinning to frame the lake of blue now beneath her feet. The impact was sudden, shattering her bones against the rocks below and darkening her vision. A light grew in her fading mind, not that of a doorway to an afterlife, but the angry burning blue flame of undeath taking hold over her corporeal form. A staggering blast erupted from the base of the cliff, as the woman's bones twisted and snapped back into place and a blue flame flickered into her eyes. In a rasping hiss, she uttered "Never. Grow. Old."
Rwn
Missing In Action...

Postby Rwn » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:38 pm

As if in response to her mutterings a noise came from the distance, slowly coming closer and closer she began to hope that maybe someone could save her. Unable to view her surroundings due to her shattered eye sockets obstructing her view she simply trusted in the noise that was creeping closer, as the noise stopped it's movement a hands length away she exhaled happily sure that her savior was here. The bear look down at the crushed and mangled object that had fallen from the sky, the smell of fresh meat was nearly irresistible as she reached down and rolled the body over.
AliceElite

Postby AliceElite » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:16 pm

She felt her body roll, flesh knitting back together and bones snapping back into place. "That little shit," she thought to herself, flexing her fingers and listening to the bones click. "Now I'm going to have to find my way out of this dumb forest, after I kill a bear, and he's probably going to be sitting home laughing his ass off when I walk back in the door covered in dirt and leaves and, I don't know, bear blood or some shit." She felt the bear's claws pierce her side and winced, rolling over to face the bear head on. "Sorry, friend, but I promise you don't want any part of this," she said aloud, as she looked the bear in it's eyes, reached up, and with an inhuman force, snapped it's neck.

[Ya'll are killing this, wow. <3 <3]]
TeaWrecks
ninja with training wheels

Postby TeaWrecks » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:33 pm

"Grrowwergk?", said the bear, as it's neck was wrenched to the side, too sudden to allow but a moment for confusion. She dug her fingers in to it's flesh, hands full of thick fur, and held the ursine beast tightly as it's spirit released. She drank the raw energy in, consuming it's primal life-force and allowing it to fill her to the core. The woman shakily rose to her feet, bones finally finding their original place and her flesh completely sealing the tears. Focusing in the forefront of her mind, wind began to shift the dust and gravel around her feet, and the woman rose a few feet off the ground.
Rwn
Missing In Action...

Postby Rwn » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:34 pm

A sudden gust comes from nowhere knocking her over, causing her to roll down a hill and off of another cliff down into the fiery depths of hell. Upon landing she feels her face hit a relatively soft fleshy floor and is greeted by a giant demon covered in oily green flesh, four tails made of what looks like chain, five arms, and two heads. The demon stares at her waiting for her to stand, getting tired of her trying to stand with freshly rebroken bones he reaches over and picks her up off the ground. Holding her by her shoulders in one giant hand he says "how many times can a succubus fail so badly?"
Cree8
the unproven

Postby Cree8 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:45 am

Slowly, he started to piece her back together once again, while thinking that it will be a complete waste of time. As he snaps her tibia back into place, she notices the four tails of this demon. It was then that she smelled something horrible coming from the tail that resembled a chain, dripping with some kind of purple substance that she can't make out. The pungent odor was so familiar to her. After a few seconds she remembered what it was. It was..
AliceElite

Postby AliceElite » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:55 pm

((Oh my god guys this is so cool.))

"Ugh, playing with neurotoxin again - You know how much that stuff stinks."
"We don't all have the luxury of luring our victims into a sex-induced paralysis, Lilith," the demon said as he placed her on her feet. "What on earth have you been doing up there, you look like the 7th circle."
"Well, I'd be in a lot better shape if you hadn't quite literally ripped the ground out from under my feet, Azazel," she said sarcastically as she dusted off her torn and tattered clothes.
"Oh, that wasn't me, that was the big guy himself."
Rwn
Missing In Action...

Postby Rwn » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:34 pm

Materializing in a burst of flames beelzebub himself appears in front of her chuckling, reaching over and patting her on the head he says "you know the punishment for your failures don't you?" head dropping she sighs and falls to her knees in front of the dark Lord. Raising her head she starts straight at his flaccid schlong in confusion.
"is something wrong dark one?"
"CUT!"
Getting up from his folding chair the director looks around "where the hell is the fluffer, she had better remember the blue pills this time."
AliceElite

Postby AliceElite » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:35 am

"You know what, guys, lets just call it a wrap," said the director. "We'll pick it up on monday."

Lilith walked home, blowing kisses to girls on the street before heading into her apartment building and running a bath (with wine) to relax the tense muscles in her back. Sticking your chest out for the camera actually plays real hell with your back, she thought bleakly as she moved through her pre-bed yoga poses. As she turned out the lights and fell asleep, she thought about how boring her day off was going to be - binge watching Jessica Jones and smoking a bowl (or three, or six...) - until she was fast asleep, dreaming of badass superheroes.
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:15 pm

Noise on the street below woke her. Looking out the fire escape the flashing lights of a police car were visible through blinding spotlights.
Image Image
est 1953

DJ_Darkside
Chunks of Cool

Postby DJ_Darkside » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:29 am

"When will these guys give up" she mumbled, pulling the secret lever beneath her bed. Gears began to turn and chains rattled as sections of the faux-brick wall began to fold away, revealing her collection of guns and knives hidden throughout the small space she called home.

"We have the place surr-UCK!!" cried a policeman as a bullet penetrated his head. "Bullseye" She wispered to herself. Lilith loaded another round into the barrel of her silenced M24 sniper rifle and gazed through the scope. "Show Time" she said with a smirk on her face.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. Kurt Cobain

Spoiler: show
ALL HAIL LIEUTENANT DOCTOR COOLCHUNKIA ESQUIRE THE THIRD JR.!!! Lest she blow chunks of cool up yo asssss!!!
/anna hack! :kiss:
Zansi'Vara
Dark Horse of many truths

Postby Zansi'Vara » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:33 pm

Six police cars blocked the road and the opened car doors protected twelve police officers with what appeared to be standard M16's. She hummed softly to herself as she plucked off the police every time they popped a head out from behind their cover. After only a moment of this, the few remaining were too afraid to move from their hiding places, cowering behind their car doors, screaming for backup.

"Boring." She muttered, turning the scope toward the front of her apartment building where a large black SWAT van had pulled up and was offloading men in riot gear with battering rams and breaching shotguns, "Mm, interesting."
ImageImage
ImageImage
AliceElite

Postby AliceElite » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:16 pm

((This is SO what I needed to see this morning you guys. I had such a rough day yesterday but I am laughing out loud wow.))

"Battering rams...breaking into a girl's apartment - How rude!" she shouted at them out the window, then winked theatrically. Well, they won't find the door locked, but I do think I'll leave them a fun surprise, she thought.

She grabbed three black matte canisters (Lilith's Kiss they read) and placed them around her door. As footsteps thudded up the stairs to her floor, she slipped a gas mask over her face, grinning, and grabbed her purse. There was a bang, a pop, and then several thuds as, over the next 30 seconds, twelve men in body armor fell to the floor - Lilith blew a kiss to each one on the way out of her apartment building.
Zansi'Vara
Dark Horse of many truths

Postby Zansi'Vara » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:44 pm

Five steps down the hall and she paused her stride, listening as the sound of helicopter blades whirred in the distance. Lilith ran to the staircase and listened toward the roof as the whine of the helicopter engine descended.

Thirty seconds. She thought, pulling a small device from her purse and pressing down a button, then bounding toward the roof. As she crested the last staircase she heard ropes being unfurled and dropping onto the roof, and the door far below at the ground floor burst open as more SWAT forces charged in. She dropped the small device down the center of the stairwell. A confused yell preceded a huge flash of light and a pulse of concussive force. Lilith glanced over the railing to view her handiwork, counting the unconscious guards for the running tally in her head.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Rwn
Missing In Action...

Postby Rwn » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:24 am

Turning around to head back to her weapon stash a knife comes flying straight at her face, a split second before empathy she jolts upright in bed gasping for air. Reaching over she looks at her phone seeing she only has an hour before she normally gets up "fuck it" out of bed, coffee started, shower running. Finishing a slice of toast she heads back into her room and gets dressed for her day job, quick walk to work she steps into the station, grabs her gun and begins patrolling the streets. Not even ten minutes into her shift a girl dressed in what can only be decently described as nearly nothing runs up to her "officer please help this man is trying to...
AliceElite

Postby AliceElite » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:37 pm

"Sarah, get back in the house!" She heard a shout from a nearby doorway and saw a man in a bathrobe rushing over to them.

"Sir, please stay back. Miss, what's the problem?"

"She's so high right now she doesn't know up from down, okay, officer, let me take her back inside."
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:29 pm

"If it's all the same to you I think I'd like to have a chat with her down at the station. This is my neighborhood, after all."

He shrank in a mixture of fear and resentment, nodded in capitulation, and slinked back to the split-level duplex she'd been listening to for the last few weeks since they moved in.

"Thank you..."

"Shut up." Sarah reminded her of the woman in her most elusively ephemeral dreams, what she thought to be her dreams: Alone but defiant. Powerless but terrifying. She breathed in the scents of whiskey and burnt chemical, a bitter and gag-inducing smell to the uninitiated, but the sweetest half hour of affirmation anyone who recognizes it remembers.

"I'm sorr--"

"Please do not apologize. To anyone. From now on. And don't leave that place of yours. Kick him out." She knew better than to let it all slip at once that she'd heard his tense little conversations on the phone on his front porch at 3 in the morning. It was off-putting to tell people that when you get a whiff of something rotten, you keep sniffing, that you go so far as to take advantage of a man so mediocre and underachieving that he leaves his Bluetooth on constantly. "Keep walking."
Once was lost and now am lost; was blind but now I smoke
AliceElite

Postby AliceElite » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:45 pm

((Getting reaaaaal wordy there. Lets make sure we're keeping em short. <3))
Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Sun May 01, 2016 9:02 am

The rest of the beat shift was uneventful. A couple of Ambrosia-heads passed out, blocking the doorway to the pharmacy; some kids throwing rocks at a surveillance drone. Things were beginning to get back to normal. Turning right into the Security District, she was overtaken with an intense feeling of.... something... something not quite... and there it was. Just as the PsyOrg had told her.

Tahj Jones
the unproven

Postby Tahj Jones » Sun May 08, 2016 11:58 pm

Right beneath the surface it stirred. Its presence winding its way into her mind. She couldn't dare brush it off. Years of experience along with a vigilant sixth sense told her something was coming. Something big.
*Tahj*
AliceElite

Postby AliceElite » Fri May 13, 2016 2:48 am

As her mind carefully guided it away from sensitive information and steered the intrusion into safer mind-space, she tried to probe the presence for any sign of who it might be from, or what it might be looking for. No answers were forthcoming, just a smell. Somehow, the presence in her mind had a distinct scent, and a familiar one - lilac.
ravenrussell
Keeper of Dark Mysteries..

Re: Ninja Chain

Postby ravenrussell » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:39 am

Lilac, named for his opposing scent to said flower, picked up the narrator's voice. "You all will go back and reread this complete thread. You will ignore my words here and carry on a fantastic story," he said quite emphatically. "I have become the rare instance of a voice not from your own mind, but I know your thoughts. I know that there are words yet unspoken, deeply sorrowing you. Let them out into the air, or lose yourself this Navidad."
Peace to all.
-Raven

Return to “Literature”