The Weirdest Thing That Ever Happened To You

Spirituality. The Paranormal. Theology. Let's delve into the strange, the uplifting, the supernatural with tolerance and open minds...
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:07 am

Ever see something that you couldn't explain? Experience a feeling or premonition about something only to find it happened for real? Is your life full of odd little "coincidences" (synchronicity)? Have you ever discovered something astounding that changed what you believe in and/or the way you saw the world, the universe?

What weirdness has happened in your life that still leaves you scratching your head to this day?

// pending my own oddness.... ;)
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN

Postby girlapaloo » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:39 pm

YUS. I have weirdness to discuss. O_O
Spoiler: show
Image Image
girlapaloo

Postby girlapaloo » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:24 pm

Just yesterday my husband had this to share with me I got home from work!

He was just washing some dishes when he heard:
Our garage door opening,
a car pulling into the carport and idling,
and naturally, the garage door closing.

Our dogs then run down to the door that connects kitchen to garage, panting and whining and expecting mommy to walk through the door any second.

Hubby walks a few steps over to see if he should open the door for me.
THERE’S NO ONE THERE. NO CAR. AND I WASN’T DUE HOME FOR ANOTHER HOUR.
Oh, and this is the second time that exact scenario has happened.

We’ve tried to explain away a lot of odd things that have happened to us over the years, but shit’s too weird to deny sometimes. :o
Image Image
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:36 am

whoa that IS nuts!

reminds me of a good friend who was living in a place that had a large amount of unexplainable activity.

one evening the father was sitting in his recliner, watching tv, when he's asked, "Where's Cynthia?"...who was an exchange student who had lived with them previously.

so thinking it was his wife who had asked, the father answered, "Well you know...she went back home!"

and then he suddenly realized there was no one else in the house with him!
girlapaloo

Postby girlapaloo » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:46 pm

Ooohh, that's pretty freaky!

A few years ago we were living in an apartment in a huge, old, spooky Victorian house.
We had a TON of weird things happen there over the 7 years we occupied the space.
We found out that one of the previous tenants had committed suicide in our apartment, so that may have had something to do with the unexplained activity.

Here's one example:
The light over our kitchen sink was broken. It had never worked the whole time we lived there - the landlord had completely disconnected the electricity to that light fixture before we moved in, but left the light fixture and bulb there out of laziness. He told us he had to disconnect that light for code reasons and that it would never work. OK, fine.

Fast forward about 3 years...

We get into bed around 10:30pm. Fall asleep.
4:00am rolls around and *bzzpt!* a bright-ass fluorescent light flips on and wakes me from a dead slumber.
I'm upright in bed, panicked and blinded, looking to see where it's coming from.
The second I realize it's the "broken" light above the sink, I let out a terrified little gasp and run over to turn it off.
No idea why. I was scared and didn't think. I just had to turn it off.
He wakes up groggy,"What is it, honey?"

When I tell him how weird it is that this light came on all by itself, I try to flick the switch.
"Maybe the landlord was mistaken, and it does work now," I said. That would have been fine with me.

Nothing. I even bought a new light bulb to try, thinking that maybe it burned out when I turned it off so abruptly.
The light never came back on again.
Image Image
Zansi'Vara
Dark Horse of many truths

Postby Zansi'Vara » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:28 pm

Whoa, some crazy stories so far. Personally, I haven't experienced too much that's paranormal, I think the only thing off the top of my head is when I was sorting out a games shelf, and I remember I was talking to one of my friends at the same time. I looked at the shelf, grabbed the next game in line, and put it in place alphabetically. I remember registering exactly what game it was because I had just recently seen a commercial and it looked cool. So I turned to my friend and said something, then turned back to the shelf for the next game in line, and it was that same one. I figured maybe I just hadn't seen that there were two copies, and went to put it next to the first one, but the first one wasn't in place, it was in my hand. Still no explanation for that one except a glitch in the Matrix.

However, I do have some really freaky glitch in the Matrix stories to share that haven't happened to me, harvested from an old Reddit thread ages and ages ago.

The last three really keep poking at the back of my mind. Not only would they be awesome ideas for stories, but just reading them made me question reality.
ImageImage
ImageImage
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:40 pm

the third one is probably the freakiest to me, but they're all great shares! Wow! O_o

i've got to get my story going....it's a long one.
time to hunker down & get it out...
Zombie
Wizard Behind The Curtain

Postby Zombie » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:14 am

Not sure if the freakiest but happend like now.. I was asleep so this is a dream or at least part fof it, last few nights I've dreamt of the same place one of those repetitive dreams and this place I go to its late at night and it's a place I would think the homeless could seek refuge in for the night cause it's the doors are open . Anyway I always go to sleep here and what felt like being startled I woke up in the dream but I couldn't move much and I just heard a couple of slow claps and a voice I think said hello.

As I tried to remember where I actually am tucked up in bed at home it was like a trip where my dream bed and real bed kinda mingled as I kept hearing this slow clap and a guy saying something ... I'm not massively into this kind of thing and it's most likely just a fucked up dream but ... I guess I'm kind hoping it was my dad and thus literally just happend so thought fuck it write it down.. Scared the shit out of me
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:32 am

wow that's kind of wild

and i think i can definitely relate to being unsure if something was a dream or not!
Candeeoke
The Quiet Storm

Postby Candeeoke » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:39 am

So, I was in my early twenties and went to my Grandma's house. Myself, my Mom and my great grandma were all together on what would have been my great grandma's wedding anniversary. My Mom had always considered the house haunted by her grandfather, she swore she was him in the corner of the room as a kid. All of us ladies were in the livingroom when the small mantel clock that hasn't worked in years began to chime. It rang the same number of times as my great grandmother and great father's wedding anniversary. It was over 50 rings - the clock hadn't done a thing in years and years. It was very odd and quite unexplainable.
ImageImage
ravenrussell
Keeper of Dark Mysteries..

Re: The Weirdest Thing That Ever Happened To You

Postby ravenrussell » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:23 am

I saw my mom's ghost too many times to make it unreal. The first time that I saw her, she was bright as day in the midnight gloom that it was. I asked her if she was an angel, she spread her comically giant wings to the treetops. The other times that I saw her she was always doing something funny, stuff that I'd never thought of before. She made me smile despite my life being filled with tradgedy at the time. Her ghost came in the shape of a painting my brother made in charcoal many years ago, I believe this was to alleviate my fear, and then she would appear. Jesting, making a mockery of death. She will forever be my guardian angel, I asked her to be before she died. At one point, when life was coming together again, I told her she didn't need to appear anymore. She left and has only reappeared once in the past two years. I love you, mom. /ghost
Peace to all.
-Raven
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:22 pm

I do have stories... when I'm feeling better I will be sure to type them out and post them. A couple of longer stories and some anecdotes of small things that have happened over the years.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:43 am

ok, might as well put this one down. we have weird stuff going on in our current abode. unexplainable stuff i've not really experienced anywhere else ever before in my life. and i do my best to debunk, ya know? but i also still remain open and scientifically curious.

there's been a lot of weird shadows moving about. the fella has seen more of that than i have and he's not one to jump to odd conclusions, either. but he has called me while i was out shopping completely freaked out; i've never heard him like that. one night i did witness straight-up knocking and scratching at our front door and there was no one and nothing there. i was RIGHT at the door when it happened trying to investigate what he was getting alarmed about. i was looking out the little windows adjacent to the door and there was absolutely no apparent reason those sounds should have been occurring. it literally could not be explained.

but there's another phenomenon that was once a bit of a craze but for most serious paranormal researchers is now discounted. for the most part. it depends on certain factors. and what i'm referring to is commonly known as "Orbs" but falls into the greater realm of "spirit photography".

thankfully, i was raised by two amateur photographers and have memories of being in my dad's darkroom before i was 10 years old. i then proceeded study it intensely for 4 years in order to earn my bachelor's in photography. i was then able to earn a living professionally. i've done everything from weddings, to architecture, products, portraits, and even medical photography at Johns Hopkins. i can make a camera out of any container...use any camera almost instantly. i've mixed my own photographic chemicals from their base compounds, and have used the very first photographic processes, such as the cyanotype, where you process your image in the sun. so of all topics, i do consider myself to know more than the average person about it's in's and out's.

to top it off, a lot of experience just processing other people's photographs in a lab setting and digitally retouching them has given me an additional expertise in recognizing all manner of photographic problems and mistakes. i'm speaking of light-leaks, flash reflections, multiple-exposures and exposure issues in general, lens obstructions, and most important....dust.

so one can typically take the same approach that is taken with the subject of unexplained aerial phenomena, aka UFO sightings, whereas 95% of them can eventually be explained, but there's that 5% of cases that end up in the "X-Files" category. same thing with so-called Orb photographs. little somewhat transparent circles or balls that sometimes show up in random images. most of them really are just dust reflecting off of the flash due to the proximity to the lens...as most of these types of photos are taken with very basic, "point & shoot" style cameras. and since "ghost hunters" love to visit decrepit, dirty, abandoned locations filled with....drum-roll...dust...well they seem to believe when they capture them flying about everywhere, it must be a sign of spirit activity.

i only get interested when the images are not only taken with more professional-type cameras - at the least they need to be SLRs with an attached flash - but i also get interested when there's more than just the typical little "balls". there are some photos of incredible light anomalies that, if partnered with either witness accounts and/or audio/video recordings, can begin to create a body of evidence that pushes the situation more towards that smaller percentage.

well, the very first time i got our home set up after moving in, i started taking photos and noticing all the little orbs in my pictures. i just laughed it off. but it kept happening, even in places where a lot of dust & dander was not being kicked about in any way. such as when i take product photos in a room sealed off from animals and people most of the time. and then for fun, just to see what happens, i started talking to them if i happened to capture them when taking photos in the house for some reason. and what started to take place was so incredibly "coincidental" it was uncanny.

i could direct them. what i mean is, i would ask them to gather in a certain place to have their picture taken. i'd snap, check, and bam, there they were. i'd ask them to show up somewhere else. same result. i'd ask them to stay for a couple of shots. then i'd ask them to leave. suddenly, no orbs. i am not even kidding. and just once i did capture an additional, different light anomaly when conducting one of these "directing" experiments - an odd streak i could not explain away with my current photographic knowledge.

with the help of another like-minded photographer who attempts to take a scientific approach (he's actually a research biologist) i started doing comparison images where i purposefully created dust by fluffing a pillow the cats sleep on and similar tests, all while trying to will the dust in certain places, etc. but the intentional dust-orbs had a more snowy-looking appearance, time after time. and all very different from my other results. and definitely no streaks or other light anomalies.

this then led to another type of research that i'm more then familiar with, EVP or Electronic Voice Phenomena. i'll have to share past experiences another time, but the husband & i decided to give it a shot in our own house. we used both analog and digital recording devices (my husband records music and used an 8-track with attached microphone and i used my tablet) and what can i say? we got unexplainable results. intelligent, relevant answers to questions we asked. and really, i haven't finished going through our sessions. one of the questions asked was, "how many of you are there with us here in the house?". a voice that was not mine or the fella's broke the silence with, "seven". we haven't done any sessions since then. sometimes...if there is something going on...i don't feel so comfortable keeping doors open, if you get what i'm saying.

ready for the kicker?

before we moved in all we'd been told was there was an old couple living here for 15 years, the old man died and the wife decided to relocate and downsize. it wasn't until this summer that the fella spoke to our overly-friendly, cigarette-bumming neighbor/previous appliance maintenance man for this house that we learned he actually did pass away while he was home. he hit his head. so it's a total cliche' on top of it all!

anyway, the whole reason i posted this was because i was just sitting here in my bedroom, on skype. husband napping on the sofa. all 3 cats napping in the living room in various locations as well. totally quiet. i just happen to look up after sending a message to see this dark...i don't even know...patch? shape? shadow? something...move past our white cabinets in the kitchen (yes our bedroom has a door to the kitchen). but even weirder, i heard something. i don't know if it was just in my head or not, to be honest. but it was this low buzzing-whoosh sound....very low and quiet...but that's what i heard. and i cannot explain that whatsoever, either. but it matches what the fella has described to me as seeing on numerous occasions, and in the same general area of the house.

anyway, merry christmas! /ghost
ghostdogg
Rewind. Spit. Scratch. See Heaven.

Postby ghostdogg » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:17 pm

The weirdest thing that ever happened to me occurred only a couple of months ago. I was driving home on the highway and I saw what I thought was a plane landing. There was a flying green light that came into view from the top of my windshield. At first it was completely normal, knowing that airplanes have both red and green navigation lights, but then I noticed the sheer amount of color coming from this thing was more than usual. When I looked at it, I saw an object that looked like it just got shot down. It was whirring in the air and then all of a sudden, it completely disappeared right before my eyes.

To be completely honest, I've never had any "weird things" happen to me and I've never seen a "UFO" in my life... ever. Right after the thing disappeared, there was an exit coming up on the highway and sure enough, I was nowhere near any airports. I'm not sure if it was the "UFO" or my foot on the gas but all other cars around me slowed-down and eventually disappeared out of view.
ravenrussell
Keeper of Dark Mysteries..

Postby ravenrussell » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:00 am

UFO stories always give me the chills. Had too much weird shit happen to me. But I just let it be, and I can be too.
Peace to all.
-Raven
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:45 am

i saw that thing again. same circumstances. same area. same everything.
it was a couple of nights ago, but this shit makes me feel silly even mentioning it again.
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:24 pm

NaranjaRa wrote:i saw that thing again. same circumstances. same area. same everything.
it was a couple of nights ago, but this shit makes me feel silly even mentioning it again.

welp, remember, those that call you crazy, only look to justify the lack of evidence in their own mind.
so... does this mean that your eyes are now beginning to open..?
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:00 am

ink wrote:
NaranjaRa wrote:i saw that thing again. same circumstances. same area. same everything.

welp, remember, those that call you crazy, only look to justify the lack of evidence in their own mind.
so... does this mean that your eyes are now beginning to open..?

not beginning...been there for a long time actually, but i don't really share a lot until i feel like receiving minds are open enough, if that makes sense

finishing my ufo story next.... o_O
DJ_Darkside
Chunks of Cool

Postby DJ_Darkside » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:29 am

NaranjaRa wrote:ok, might as well put this one down. we have weird stuff going on in our current abode. unexplainable stuff i've not really experienced anywhere else ever before in my life. and i do my best to debunk, ya know? but i also still remain open and scientifically curious.

there's been a lot of weird shadows moving about. the fella has seen more of that than i have and he's not one to jump to odd conclusions, either. but he has called me while i was out shopping completely freaked out; i've never heard him like that. one night i did witness straight-up knocking and scratching at our front door and there was no one and nothing there. i was RIGHT at the door when it happened trying to investigate what he was getting alarmed about. i was looking out the little windows adjacent to the door and there was absolutely no apparent reason those sounds should have been occurring. it literally could not be explained.

but there's another phenomenon that was once a bit of a craze but for most serious paranormal researchers is now discounted. for the most part. it depends on certain factors. and what i'm referring to is commonly known as "Orbs" but falls into the greater realm of "spirit photography".

thankfully, i was raised by two amateur photographers and have memories of being in my dad's darkroom before i was 10 years old. i then proceeded study it intensely for 4 years in order to earn my bachelor's in photography. i was then able to earn a living professionally. i've done everything from weddings, to architecture, products, portraits, and even medical photography at Johns Hopkins. i can make a camera out of any container...use any camera almost instantly. i've mixed my own photographic chemicals from their base compounds, and have used the very first photographic processes, such as the cyanotype, where you process your image in the sun. so of all topics, i do consider myself to know more than the average person about it's in's and out's.

to top it off, a lot of experience just processing other people's photographs in a lab setting and digitally retouching them has given me an additional expertise in recognizing all manner of photographic problems and mistakes. i'm speaking of light-leaks, flash reflections, multiple-exposures and exposure issues in general, lens obstructions, and most important....dust.

so one can typically take the same approach that is taken with the subject of unexplained aerial phenomena, aka UFO sightings, whereas 95% of them can eventually be explained, but there's that 5% of cases that end up in the "X-Files" category. same thing with so-called Orb photographs. little somewhat transparent circles or balls that sometimes show up in random images. most of them really are just dust reflecting off of the flash due to the proximity to the lens...as most of these types of photos are taken with very basic, "point & shoot" style cameras. and since "ghost hunters" love to visit decrepit, dirty, abandoned locations filled with....drum-roll...dust...well they seem to believe when they capture them flying about everywhere, it must be a sign of spirit activity.

i only get interested when the images are not only taken with more professional-type cameras - at the least they need to be SLRs with an attached flash - but i also get interested when there's more than just the typical little "balls". there are some photos of incredible light anomalies that, if partnered with either witness accounts and/or audio/video recordings, can begin to create a body of evidence that pushes the situation more towards that smaller percentage.

well, the very first time i got our home set up after moving in, i started taking photos and noticing all the little orbs in my pictures. i just laughed it off. but it kept happening, even in places where a lot of dust & dander was not being kicked about in any way. such as when i take product photos in a room sealed off from animals and people most of the time. and then for fun, just to see what happens, i started talking to them if i happened to capture them when taking photos in the house for some reason. and what started to take place was so incredibly "coincidental" it was uncanny.

i could direct them. what i mean is, i would ask them to gather in a certain place to have their picture taken. i'd snap, check, and bam, there they were. i'd ask them to show up somewhere else. same result. i'd ask them to stay for a couple of shots. then i'd ask them to leave. suddenly, no orbs. i am not even kidding. and just once i did capture an additional, different light anomaly when conducting one of these "directing" experiments - an odd streak i could not explain away with my current photographic knowledge.

with the help of another like-minded photographer who attempts to take a scientific approach (he's actually a research biologist) i started doing comparison images where i purposefully created dust by fluffing a pillow the cats sleep on and similar tests, all while trying to will the dust in certain places, etc. but the intentional dust-orbs had a more snowy-looking appearance, time after time. and all very different from my other results. and definitely no streaks or other light anomalies.

this then led to another type of research that i'm more then familiar with, EVP or Electronic Voice Phenomena. i'll have to share past experiences another time, but the husband & i decided to give it a shot in our own house. we used both analog and digital recording devices (my husband records music and used an 8-track with attached microphone and i used my tablet) and what can i say? we got unexplainable results. intelligent, relevant answers to questions we asked. and really, i haven't finished going through our sessions. one of the questions asked was, "how many of you are there with us here in the house?". a voice that was not mine or the fella's broke the silence with, "seven". we haven't done any sessions since then. sometimes...if there is something going on...i don't feel so comfortable keeping doors open, if you get what i'm saying.

ready for the kicker?

before we moved in all we'd been told was there was an old couple living here for 15 years, the old man died and the wife decided to relocate and downsize. it wasn't until this summer that the fella spoke to our overly-friendly, cigarette-bumming neighbor/previous appliance maintenance man for this house that we learned he actually did pass away while he was home. he hit his head. so it's a total cliche' on top of it all!

anyway, the whole reason i posted this was because i was just sitting here in my bedroom, on skype. husband napping on the sofa. all 3 cats napping in the living room in various locations as well. totally quiet. i just happen to look up after sending a message to see this dark...i don't even know...patch? shape? shadow? something...move past our white cabinets in the kitchen (yes our bedroom has a door to the kitchen). but even weirder, i heard something. i don't know if it was just in my head or not, to be honest. but it was this low buzzing-whoosh sound....very low and quiet...but that's what i heard. and i cannot explain that whatsoever, either. but it matches what the fella has described to me as seeing on numerous occasions, and in the same general area of the house.

anyway, merry christmas! /ghost

That is intense. You are a ghost whisperer my friend! Spirit photography is amazing... do you have any of these orb pics anywhere? Have you done this recently with any results?

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. Kurt Cobain

ALL HAIL LIEUTENANT DOCTOR COOLCHUNKIA ESQUIRE THE THIRD JR.!!! Lest she blow chunks of cool up yo asssss!!!
/anna hack! :kiss:
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:18 pm

DJ_Darkside wrote:That is intense. You are a ghost whisperer my friend! Spirit photography is amazing... do you have any of these orb pics anywhere? Have you done this recently with any results?

haha i've definitely had some high-strangeness happen around me. it sounds crazy but it covers the gamut..."spirits"..."ufo's"...prophetic dreams...mighty synchronicities...
it also seems to surround the two men i've been closest to in my life...like together we bring it out or something...magnify it.

it's one of the main reasons why i started this specific forum. makes me not feel as nuts when i hear the wild things other people have experienced, and since i do my best to approach it all with a somewhat scientific mind, i hope to see more people becoming open to the possibilities.

i'll break this out into a separate thread and share some of my pics.
i'm also working on pulling audio clips from my EVP sessions to share.
Pawly
Grandmaster Sensei of the Dark Corners

Postby Pawly » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:30 am

ImageImage
It's MY world. You just a squirrel tryna get a nut!
ImageImage
ImageImage
CLICK ME!!
ghostdogg

Postby ghostdogg » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:16 pm

NaranjaRa wrote:
DJ_Darkside wrote:That is intense. You are a ghost whisperer my friend! Spirit photography is amazing... do you have any of these orb pics anywhere? Have you done this recently with any results?

haha i've definitely had some high-strangeness happen around me. it sounds crazy but it covers the gamut..."spirits"..."ufo's"...prophetic dreams...mighty synchronicities...
it also seems to surround the two men i've been closest to in my life...like together we bring it out or something...magnify it.

it's one of the main reasons why i started this specific forum. makes me not feel as nuts when i hear the wild things other people have experienced, and since i do my best to approach it all with a somewhat scientific mind, i hope to see more people becoming open to the possibilities.

i'll break this out into a separate thread and share some of my pics.
i'm also working on pulling audio clips from my EVP sessions to share.

You got pics and audio?? <3
ghostdogg

Postby ghostdogg » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:16 pm

Pawly wrote:Image

/rotfl

Return to “The Unexplained”