How do you feel about this?
Spoiler: show
Image Image
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Re: Mayweather vs. McGregor is actually happening

Postby ink » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:54 pm

wait.. boxing!!?!

idk.. mayweather has a way with scoring points. he has frustrated many cats that want to jump in the ring with the intention on knocking him out...

i dont think ppl really understand mayweather's fighting style... it should be interesting to say the least.

but isnt conner a southpaw? and doesnt he have vicious left hook?

regardless, should be hyped up to the fullset
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

ghostdogg
Rewind. Spit. Scratch. See Heaven.

Postby ghostdogg » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:18 pm

I think Mayweather got this. Pressure is on Conner to deliver. Mayweather is going out like a champ either way.
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN

Postby girlapaloo » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:35 pm

ink wrote:wait.. boxing!!?!

idk.. mayweather has a way with scoring points. he has frustrated many cats that want to jump in the ring with the intention on knocking him out...

i dont think ppl really understand mayweather's fighting style... it should be interesting to say the least.

but isnt conner a southpaw? and doesnt he have vicious left hook?

regardless, should be hyped up to the fullset

I'm a fan of Conor but I am nervous for him because Mayweather's record is impressive.
Plus, the fight is going to be 12 rounds.
It seems well known that Mayweather gets frustrated by southpaw fighters. So there's that. Also, being younger and in better shape will probably help him out some.

ghostdogg wrote:I think Mayweather got this. Pressure is on Conner to deliver. Mayweather is going out like a champ either way.

Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if Conor retired after this. It'll be interesting to watch no matter what happens! /anxious
Spoiler: show
Image Image
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:44 pm

i never forgot what my uncle told me.. (he was an excellent boxer in his day). but he said that he got to be as good as he was, because, " i was a big fat chicken! i was so scared to get hit, esp. in my face, that most everyone i fought, just had a real hard time hitting me...." /rotfl

thing is, thats floyd's game... first get in the opponents head.. months, even years before the fight.. to the point that they hate him so bad, they just want to pound his face. then they just seem to chase him around the ring with bad intentions, counterpunch here and there. slowly racks up points.. win + a ridiculous purse $$$$$. doesnt matter what the fans want, he does the same thing over and over..

i personally, would love a slug-fest... but also no longer put any stock into that type of fight with mayweather anymore. call him a chicken or a smart fighter, regardless, i dont think he will be doing anything new.

that said, i would put this one, completely on the back of how conner fights him.. should be interesting

ghostdogg
Rewind. Spit. Scratch. See Heaven.

Postby ghostdogg » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:32 pm

that's so cool man
Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:06 am

Mayweather has this, surely? Some of the best boxers around have had a go at him and have failed miserably. He is an expert at not getting hit and he's probably the best boxer of his generation in terms of success. Conor MacGregor is a good fighter and has a lot of heart but he's not a boxer and Mayweather is. If he can keep his head then it could be an interesting fight but 12 rounds is a long time for an MMA fighter, even one in as good a condition as McGregor, and you'd have to think experience will win out.

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:38 pm

i think bill burr said something along the lines of this would be like an elephant challenging a cheetah to a foot race... /rotfl
i about fell out on that one..

Return to “Sports Forum”