Best/Worst gig/live show you ever saw?

Share and Talk About your Favorite Music here. Put us all on to what should be listened to. NO ILLEGAL LINKS!!!
Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:55 pm

Best:

Metallica in 2006 at Donington Park, England. It was the 20th anniversary of Master of Puppets and they played the whole album from start to finish. It was simply magical. Narrowly beat Roger Waters & Nick Mason playing Dark Side of the Moon and any Tool gig.

Worst:

Wu Tang Clan. Shocking in its badness and corporate feeling. They didn't play one tune the whole way through. They came on over an hour late and then rushed through their set, sometimes just doing one verse and one chorus. Oh, but f course they did Gravel Pit the whole way through. Another act to add to the 'disappointing live hip-hop' list.

Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:57 pm

omfg, i hate to say it but yea... wu. Just a hot fuckin mess. You can tell half of em couldnt be arsed to be on stage.

Also... this is random, but I went to a hookah bar where they kept playing jazz and trying to meld it with belly dance. It made me want to claw my eyes out and then my brain. :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:58 pm

Best: Damian Marley in Vegas <3
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
BigMush
Drunkin Beta Style

Postby BigMush » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:23 pm

Oh, ive seen a few xD

Some bands in our towns played at a anti drug gig for the local teens. It ended with very drunk punks, 2 bands that was those punks, and a bass player stoned way out of his mind.

It was amazing. Sound died and everything. Didnt stop lé punks!

Ive played at a club here at a "Local bands evening" event. I poured a big ass pitcher down my already drunken ass on stage, and started. Dont remeber anything else, but apparently we just krusted the shit out of that place, people fled in fear and i got tossed out by the guards for yelling obcene things at the owner.

Magical night.. I think.
**Awesome Singnature**

ImageImageImageImageImage

Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:01 pm

I remember watching a great punk band called 'The Dwarves' who played until the sound was cut out. Actually, there was second band I saw who that happened to. They were some little band called 'The Stooges'. Y'might have heard of them.

Phara, one of my favourite gigs was Damien, Stephen and Julian playing Exodus. In fact, there's a video of it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sc-AJd7mxw

BigMush
Drunkin Beta Style

Postby BigMush » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:30 pm

Brewtality wrote:They were some little band called 'The Stooges'. Y'might have heard of them.

Nooooo never, is it edible? :D

I wanna be your dog <3
**Awesome Singnature**

ImageImageImageImageImage

Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:52 pm

LOVE The Stooges. Especially the lineup with Mike Watt. Genius stuff. Iggy's new album is brilliant too (if you've not heard it).

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:02 am

maybe not the the worst, but probably the most memorable.. i was in high school, 10th grade i think.. my boy had the hookup with ticketmaster so we were in there, geeked, ready to see Tupac at the MSU auditorium. i heard his side of the story... :lol: i was right up front, 2 songs in from his show, cats started rioting. he basically, stole the mic from a local ametuer who was affiliated, if you know what i mean..and just started playing his set. it wasnt going down like that around here, no one cared if he was thug life, cats down here were not new to this concept. he came off the stage with a bat and maaam.. there was chairs being thrown, girls getting ran over, people busting shots outside, it was madness. anyway, i had went through a period of not really trying to support his music for like amonth.. i think everybody did lol.. anyways, yea that ended bad, it sucked. true story

https://youtu.be/3yS93aAUBhM

http://2paclegacy.net/4984-2/

my favorite concert, was not really a concert persay, Chubb Rock came to MSU (again same year) and our high school class got to go watch him perform a couple of songs.. and he said we could all come on stage and dance while he rapped, because he's not like micheal jackson! :lol: great memory! he was huge and even came around shaking hands, giving daps while me and my boys are freakin girls in the middle of the set. it was so fun, i felt like an extra in one of his videos.

now i will never forget this song.. :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZf-XZBlFDg

//reminisces about cuttin a rug.. u know, back when ppl used to do that sort of thing..
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:18 am

Wow man. Fu. Ck. Ing. Brilliant story. As a 14 year-old white boy in North West England, Tupac spoke to me and I would have given anything to have watched him perform. Alas, he would be dead before I would get the chance to watch and listen to him with my own eyes...

Return to “Music Discussion”