A lot of time has passed...

So, who are you? Tell us about yourself and get to know us. Welcome to Ninja Evolution :)
Ben
yet remains in darkness..

A lot of time has passed...

Postby Ben » Wed May 16, 2018 2:17 am

Time is a difficult concept to comprehend. On the one hand we are dictated to by deadlines, expectations, anniversaries and a constant reminder of ticking clocks, watches, alarms and mobile phones rushing us from one moment to the next. But time also moves imperceptibly fast; the shelf you were going to put up next weekend still exists only in the imagination two months later, the hobby that was going to add a spark to your life from New Years Day has been put off month after month without anything more than a rare thought that you'll get round to it soon. And communication with past colleagues, friends, even family can inexplicably transform from a regular and persistent habit to an occurrence once every few months or maybe even years can pass...
Many years ago I found myself as a small part of an amazing community, a community which was unjustly (though maybe lawfully) disbanded. It was a community of which I had been on the periphery but with which I very much felt a strong bond. When everything fell apart, my life was not overly affected. I felt sad, I had lost an enjoyable pastime and I had lost a sense of belonging to an incredible group of people whom I really did not know. I also felt a small amount of worry about how wide the net was going to be cast. But I moved on. Others were affected. In a manner that was so disproportionate to their actions that it would have been laughable were it not so horrific. I knew I had a duty as a decent person and as a member of their community to reach out. A message of support. And I knew I would do it sometime soon. But time passed. Punishments were given, sentences were served and time passed.
One obvious and indisputable thing about time is that once it's gone, you can't go back. This is not an apology, I don't owe one and I believe you would think me a fool for offering one. It is an explanation that I am a good enough person to realise what I should have done and and what I like to think I would do if I had that time again.
It is also a request to join your new community. You will probably not remember me as my interaction was limited. However, several years on I would like to join in as much as time will allow.
Ben
yet remains in darkness..

Re: A lot of time has passed...

Postby Ben » Thu May 17, 2018 9:32 pm

When I found this forum my excitement stopped me from realising that sadly the posts had dried up a long time ago. :cry:

I hope the ninja revolution is continuing elsewhere with the vigour and ambition I fondly remember.

Return to “Introductions”